Author Topic: PSR system - not so great :/  (Read 13414 times)

Offline MilujPrirodu

• Advanced Member
  • Miluj Prirodu
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: PSR system - not so great :/
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2011, 12:44 »
lol

Offline LecitinTT

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2011, 14:35 »
you should lose more points if play in a game with lower average than you not less (like the real ELO system), i think that is the big problem of the psr system.

That kind of system would not work. Couse if you lose more if you have more than average, that means you would also gain more if you are above average. That kind of system would make it VERY hard to gain points, when you have low PSR and very easy when you have high PSR.

Lol thats totaly unbalanced... Dont you agree HydrO?

u should lose more but gain less.
lets say

team 1 have average points 1500
team 2 have average points 1500

then if player have 1600 psr, which is higher than average of the other team wins 5 points and loses 15 (for example)
and a player that haves 1400 points gains 15 and loses 5 (for example)

the problem is that in the actual system the player that haves 1600 gains 5 but also loses 5 (not exactly but loses less than the player with less score with makes no sense to me)

It doesn't make sense to me as well.

Players should be able to play against players with same pts + it is difficult to get >1650 pts and apparently there are no games with !gn= >1650 pts.

Players with high pts should lose more/gain much less if they play against weak opponents, after a few loses they ll start playing balanced games => playing will be more interesting. Players who dont play much will be able to gain lots of points, right now it is difficult to get >1650 pts. I have around 1720 and i get +1/-1 in average

Offline DuffMan

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2011, 15:39 »
One thing is good and that is, if you play with stacked team every game against less skilled players, you will get score probably 16:2 i dont know, but you gain +1 or +3 PSR. Just check some stackers and you will see. That i like. On the other hand, i really do not care about PSR. It tells you nothing about the player. Player with K/D 9/3 and PSR 1480 is better than player with 4/5 and PSR 1680.
That is so not true.Why don't anyone understand that this new system brought us TEAM dota!? I'd rather be in team with a guy who has 4/5 and 1680 PSR than the other one.Why ? Because the guy with 9/3 is(most probably) farmer,who solo alot and KS.And games are lost because of people like "him".I'd rather have 2/7 and win then 7/2 and lose.I really don't understand you...
LOL - team dota here on PD.eu? there are no permanent teams so i dont understand this system based on 1v1 rating.
It could be done better way - check !sd of all players and base your score not on your win/lost but on your ingame score compared to your opponents score... That would be more predicate score.

Offline LecitinTT

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2011, 16:55 »
can someone post how the calculation goes? i had weak team and still it was +0/-0, opponents were not bad. wtf is that?

Offline Dustbuster

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2011, 17:54 »
One thing is good and that is, if you play with stacked team every game against less skilled players, you will get score probably 16:2 i dont know, but you gain +1 or +3 PSR. Just check some stackers and you will see. That i like. On the other hand, i really do not care about PSR. It tells you nothing about the player. Player with K/D 9/3 and PSR 1480 is better than player with 4/5 and PSR 1680.
That is so not true.Why don't anyone understand that this new system brought us TEAM dota!? I'd rather be in team with a guy who has 4/5 and 1680 PSR than the other one.Why ? Because the guy with 9/3 is(most probably) farmer,who solo alot and KS.And games are lost because of people like "him".I'd rather have 2/7 and win then 7/2 and lose.I really don't understand you...
LOL - team dota here on PD.eu? there are no permanent teams so i dont understand this system based on 1v1 rating.
It could be done better way - check !sd of all players and base your score not on your win/lost but on your ingame score compared to your opponents score... That would be more predicate score.

Duff- yeah exactly!

If it was 1v1 matches then this kind of PSR would make a lot of sense! but in 5v5, u could be a mega noob, feeder, asshole, afk'er, solo'er/whatever and u're 4 other members MEGA pro, u will win all the time and u'll have nice PSR!

DOES IT MAKE U A GOOD PLAYER??? -- NO!!!

My opion - PSR should be calculated with K/D ratio but more with assists! [(K/D)/2 + A] + ( [DENIES] + [CREEPS/2] + [Natural/3] + towers... etc... and if player has more Kills than Assists he should have -points! cause it means he's a soloer/ks'er

Offline LecitinTT

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2011, 17:58 »
Kills, farm, assists shouldn't influence it at all, you win => u get pts .

Offline Spacehunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2011, 18:00 »
Dustbuster your system can be misused by chosing heroes like acient aparition which is easy to get 15 assists per game average i have done it.

Its not pwrfect, but better than PSR you cant go. Only thing you can do better is automatic team arangement, that would rock, than PSR would be 100% functional.

Maybe make seperate ladder with just automatic arangment? You would simply !sing -rd in playdota channel for example and when 10 players sign it whispers you the game name, if you dont come some big penalty, so ppl would come:)

Offline Dustbuster

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2011, 19:02 »
Dustbuster your system can be misused by chosing heroes like acient aparition which is easy to get 15 assists per game average i have done it.

Its not pwrfect, but better than PSR you cant go. Only thing you can do better is automatic team arangement, that would rock, than PSR would be 100% functional.

Maybe make seperate ladder with just automatic arangment? You would simply !sing -rd in playdota channel for example and when 10 players sign it whispers you the game name, if you dont come some big penalty, so ppl would come:)

well

i don't know which system 2 use but clearly this one is not working!

look at this for example-

http://playdota.eu/stats/game/1657633/dota-sd-eu-2

one left @ min 24, one mega feeder (spider), ofc we lost, but making 7/7/9 was very hard aginst fed team!
so i lost, and also got -16!! like the leaver... omg, why??

EDIT: AND SPIDER WITH 1/9/4 which ruined the game cause he can't play got -17 !!! is that FAIR????

EDIT2: and BALANAR which was nab on the other team got +16 !! in a 5v4 + 1 feeder game... that's so not right.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2011, 19:04 by Dustbuster »

Offline Spacehunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2011, 19:09 »
Well next game you play other team will have idiots like this. So it doesnt matter.

Offline NoHeal4u

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2011, 20:49 »
What about warding and chicken share? I have to ward in every game because no one wants to buy ward or even dust/gem against 3++ stealth team. I always put almost 10+ wards and chiken share + upgrade even if i play carry. No one counts my 2.5k "wasted" in "pro" or "nub" team eyes. Even so,in pubs you have to play early ganker/support/ or ult based hero because lower skilled player cant use them good(it ends up in with inapropriate carry build),and if you take hard carry none can protect yout farm nor support you well. I was stunned when i saw some pub stompers play tri-lane,and my team mates didnt know how to react,didnt even try to help. I somethimes play here with RL friends who are learning i accept their mistakes and they learn on them, but but I'm talking in the post  about overall expirience compared to other leagues and player mentality/will to learn. . Expand stats:lvl timers,wards,sharing,supp/carry/tank/roam hero separate win rates  and separate stats etc.. Players should have !lsb command to list someones ban history,too. PSR alone is good,but not crucial/effective enough. Have fun. Stay good.

Offline KaizerChief^

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2011, 00:04 »
That's a bad attitude,why we can't have team dota here on PD? I believe everyone can play team dota,maybe not on the level of which we would all like,but it exists.Why it would be bad to get !sd system back is that it would start new wave of players who KS,stay behind,farm...just to get good !sd so they can join game.No one never cared about the WIN before,now they do and in my opinion destroying the throne is goal of the whole game....

Offline DuffMan

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2011, 08:59 »
That's a bad attitude,why we can't have team dota here on PD? I believe everyone can play team dota,maybe not on the level of which we would all like,but it exists.Why it would be bad to get !sd system back is that it would start new wave of players who KS,stay behind,farm...just to get good !sd so they can join game.No one never cared about the WIN before,now they do and in my opinion destroying the throne is goal of the whole game....

Im not saying the old !sd is good im saying new !rs has zero predicate value. IMHO your points should be based on some mixture of !sd and win/looses - but mainly on games played, coz my experience is - if u got somebody who have 200 games played and is not baned neither is he noob.
I just dont like the idea of !balance according to points which u are given on the basis of 1v1 elo system.
And btw - stealers, soloers etc - than havent changed at all.

Offline Spacehunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2011, 09:09 »
stealers solers have a little lower PSR, thats all. If that doesnt convince them to change nothing will. And i think you are not right abaut !rs. Sure it is not always right, couse of new accounts but basicly it is quite right. If game is unbalanced it doesnt mean !rs wasnt right it just means someone played good but usualy play bad and someone vica versa it happens.

Offline LexMonster

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: Lexy
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Signature of the Week Contest [RARE] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2011, 21:45 »
Why people getting and loosing only 1-3 PSR?
http://playdota.eu/stats/game/1659537/sdeu-pros

Offline Spacehunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2011, 22:02 »
Why people getting and loosing only 1-3 PSR?
http://playdota.eu/stats/game/1659537/sdeu-pros

Its very simple... Night^^stalker was in game is the answer:D So rs was like 90/10 and the "90" team had +3/-30 and won and the "10" team had +30/-3 and they lost.