Author Topic: PSR system - not so great :/  (Read 13435 times)

Offline Juggernaut99

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: PSR system - not so great :/
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2011, 22:43 »
you never can 100% predict if some player is pro or noob if we go for k/d its just like KaizerChief^ said then the support will start stealing kills not letting the carry farm etc. but if its with win/loss then the team will try to give their best and try to win that game. also the psr system isnt 100% a solution it hardly depends on the teams a stacked team vs nonstacked pub. most of the cases the stacked will win because they know everyone their jobs who gets wards etc but the other team wont buy wards wont share etc..
imo this is the best system so far to see the players skills.

Offline DuffMan

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: April 12, 2011, 20:28 »
you never can 100% predict if some player is pro or noob if we go for k/d its just like KaizerChief^ said then the support will start stealing kills not letting the carry farm etc. but if its with win/loss then the team will try to give their best and try to win that game. also the psr system isnt 100% a solution it hardly depends on the teams a stacked team vs nonstacked pub. most of the cases the stacked will win because they know everyone their jobs who gets wards etc but the other team wont buy wards wont share etc..
imo this is the best system so far to see the players skills.

U say the best way to determine if player is noob or not is to look at his win/looses with random teammates?
Are u serious? I cannot see the point of this affirmation.

Offline Spacehunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: April 12, 2011, 20:35 »
PSR is NOT win/lose OMG.
You can have 20 loses and 5 wins and 1550 PSR if you play only ultra unbalanced games but still win 5 of them.

Offline Juggernaut99

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: April 12, 2011, 21:56 »
the problem is that you cant determine if player is noob or pro. you just cant!
if we go with k/d people will only play for kills
but with win/loss system people will try more to win
thats what im talking that psr system is good but still not perfect
nothing is perfect

Offline LexMonster

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: Lexy
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Signature of the Week Contest [RARE] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2011, 22:14 »
nothing is perfect
Chuck Norris is perfect.

And this ass is perfect:

Offline Juggernaut99

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: April 12, 2011, 23:28 »
nothing is perfect
Chuck Norris is perfect.

And this ass is perfect:

LOL you got me ;)
and that ass IS perfect xD xD

Offline Domagoj

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2011, 09:47 »
I only know that gameplay has seriously improved in pubs since the introduction of the new system (at least thats what i experienced, in my 40-ish games, there were only 5rmks, and mostly good games apart from that). Exactly what someone else said above, people are more interested in winning than in amassing all the kills they can get, so we dont have lions fingering 50hp opponents in ganks, abbadons saving his heal for last hits, ezalors that refuse to spend money on wards etc. Which in turn gives us a more exciting and interesting games, with heroes that play their own roles. Ofc there will always be bad games and players that will keep ks-ing and so on, but that is completely unavoidable.

Offline DuffMan

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2011, 19:21 »
I only know that gameplay has seriously improved in pubs since the introduction of the new system (at least thats what i experienced, in my 40-ish games, there were only 5rmks, and mostly good games apart from that). Exactly what someone else said above, people are more interested in winning than in amassing all the kills they can get, so we dont have lions fingering 50hp opponents in ganks, abbadons saving his heal for last hits, ezalors that refuse to spend money on wards etc. Which in turn gives us a more exciting and interesting games, with heroes that play their own roles. Ofc there will always be bad games and players that will keep ks-ing and so on, but that is completely unavoidable.

really? i havent noticed any changes - except 10x per day rmk for leaver in first 5 min and except that every noob join write !rs then demand "omg noob host use !balance" :-D n/c

Offline Spacehunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2011, 19:27 »
@Duffman before PSR in about every forth game there were so many leavers that -switch was used. Now one in four games fell to abaut one in 20 as far as i see. Of 85 games i played only about 10 draw, and half of them were in first week when not many banned, couse reset.

Offline Juggernaut99

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2011, 20:20 »

really? i havent noticed any changes - except 10x per day rmk for leaver in first 5 min and except that every noob join write !rs then demand "omg noob host use !balance" :-D n/c
it never happened to me, just as Domagoj said the games are very good but maybe it is that you join
-Apem Dota Mega Retards/Noobs?

Offline DuffMan

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2011, 13:53 »

it never happened to me, just as Domagoj said the games are very good but maybe it is that you join
-Apem Dota Mega Retards/Noobs?
:D u forget TR - thats favourite attitude

Offline Dustbuster

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2011, 00:17 »
 :o

ok first -
the 5 min leaver = rmk is great but it has nothing to do with the PSR.  :)

Second - the problem as I see it in PSR:

Lets say u have 2 teams, all have 1500 PSR
TEAM 1 K/D/A:
10/0/10
1/10/15
5/5/10
0/5/10
100/0/100 - unreal but for the example.

These team plays together for 100 games - they win all the time on balanced games with same K/D/A
they will all have same PSR. ~1800 PSR. even the nab with 0/5/10.

Then when he goes to a different team he still have 1800 PSR which should mean he is a FUCKING GREAT AWESOME PLAYER! but in fact, he can play as good as my sleepy cat (who just sleeps on the keyboard)

so - PSR can't be the trigger for !balance - because it doesn't show any of the player skill, only how good he was in that team - REGARDLESS OF HOW MUCH HE CONTRIBUTED TO THE TEAM!!!!!

Offline Spacehunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2011, 00:53 »
Then when he goes to a different team he still have 1800 PSR which should mean he is a FUCKING GREAT AWESOME PLAYER! but in fact, he can play as good as my sleepy cat (who just sleeps on the keyboard)

so - PSR can't be the trigger for !balance - because it doesn't show any of the player skill, only how good he was in that team - REGARDLESS OF HOW MUCH HE CONTRIBUTED TO THE TEAM!!!!!

This ONLY happens if people with different actual skill play stacked games together. In that case the nab will have more PSR than he should and pro would have less. See? Pros DONT want to play with noobs stacked... And they rly dont much. Its a VERY RARE CASE what you wrote.

Offline Dustbuster

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2011, 01:00 »

This ONLY happens if people with different actual skill play stacked games together. In that case the nab will have more PSR than he should and pro would have less. See? Pros DONT want to play with noobs stacked... And they rly dont much. Its a VERY RARE CASE what you wrote.

it happens a lot- i see many times ppl with feed K/D (K <D ) but have PSR > 1600

Offline Spacehunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2011, 01:03 »
Well i havent seen one PSR>1600 and deaths>kills. Of course there are a few of them. And if i did i would want himin my team, couse he aperently plays for team not kills.