Author Topic: !voteban - new command suggestion  (Read 3029 times)

Offline Ahhhhmed

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: !voteban - new command suggestion
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 17:18 »
Am for !voteban!!! i think all player except one in the vote need to way yes. Its more likely to have 9 players to ban a noob then 9 noobs to ban 1 player.
I think we need to play dota, not to wait for game to end cos there are noobs in the game that want leave and get baned, instead of ban noobs by vote and play normal dotas.
NOT WASTE TIME PLAYING THIS GREAT GAME!!!

Offline Z0Di4C

• Retired Moderator
  • Lets Put a Smile on That Face !
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 17:42 »
...changed my mind...
...the idea should be dismised...

Offline crysty07

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 23:21 »
Lately i experience pretty much issues that ruins the game and brings more fork for ek0 - actions from players that cant be solve by !banlast command.

Therefore i would like to see other way to ban players instead of posting on forums. Command !voteban would simply work as !votekick. You could use it to

-ban host with bad manners (muting people for no reason,flaming,leaving)
-ban people who chainleft the game so host can use !banlast only for the last of them
-ban people who obviously plugged (like shouting F*CK YOU and econ reset)
-ban people without kicking them (even that they will probably leave now)

This command lift the weight from Ban forum,think that also sometimes people simply dont have time or will to post there for ban.
is very hard what you whant,If is  necessary 70/80% to vote,

Offline Ripshaft

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2010, 02:11 »
You haven't been able to ban people who are votekicked for a long time, now, the reason is obvious, it was frequently abused. To the general noob population that plays dota, kicks and bans are all just weapons in their arsenal, if they can use them they will use them, and will have their epeen grow for doing so. Giving these people any real power is never a good idea.

There's 2 scenarios.

1. The player genuinely deserves a ban
2. The player does not and there's just an angry noob trying to 'get them'

90% of the time, it will be 2. The other 10% the chances of everyone or near everyone supporting the ban are slim, it would take 2-3 times before any chance of being passed. Now if this many chances are allowed, then in all cases of 2, the majority players can just constantly spam !votebans until everyone agrees, which is what happened with !votekick before they disabled banning from it.

Simply put, it's a bad idea. A very bad idea.

Offline MyUberNick

• Founder
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 05:25 »
Agreed with ripshaft, I'll rather see a noob go away unbanned than a decent player getting banned because of angry noobs.

I have no intention of implementing this command.

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2010, 15:44 »
I'll rather see a noob go away unbanned than a decent player getting banned because of angry noobs.

I have no intention of implementing this command.
And that is a very good idea. Decent player can take care himself and if he get banned in worng way he will be unbanned soon.
Why? Becouse number of decent players geting banned by noobs are 10%, and noobs shall get banned are 90%
Most of the noobs dont know what is pd.eu and really dont care...

Offline ArizaelCZ

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 17:20 »
Unfortunetaly Myubernick makes sense. Democracy is nice thing,but as the member of The People I must admit - People are vengeful and stupid.

This suggestion was made to lift the weight from ban forums and the necessity to actualy post on forum because of every leaving host/plugger/hosts leavings friends and other retards. However if u fear that the ingame majority cant misuse it leave it on ek0 - he is doing good job.
Quote from: ArmyMaN^E^
in that game no mh man becaus all games in start i type -ah