Author Topic: Dear Playdota.eu!  (Read 6439 times)

Offline AngryPlayer

• Newbie Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Dear Playdota.eu!
« on: October 18, 2011, 04:28 »
Dear Playdota creators, owners, admins, moderators!

(I am thinking to creat this topic long ago. But I got the "last hit" a few minutes ago, so nothing can stop me from now. Please read everything.

I know my english isn't perfect, I hope you can understand my words.)

1. About me

I am 26 years old. I am a "regular" DotA player. I started this game almost 6 years ago. I started the game in some 'random' little servers before I found Eurobattle.net. I missed sometimes 30-90 days but other times I was an active player.

I don't call myself pro but I don't think I am noob with my experiences. I played only a few private games, 95% was public games. I have some unique builds and strategys for heroes and teams... And once again: I know I am not the best player in the world, I never said I am good or anything like that.

2. DotA multiplayer -> bots -> playdota.eu bot

Long ago the multiplayer was a nightmare. Many players got slot (firewall/router) problems, slow connections for host games. There was nothing to do vs leavers.

'Everybody' was happy when the first bost are become alive. Ghost sloved many problems. Not just the banlists but other great features like ping check, country check, slot swap. Less leavers but still many...

At this point, after the shared ban lists etc, playdota.eu started this great bot network. Almost every problem gone. Lot of players in the same system. Lot of informations about all players: number of the played games, kills, dies, assist, creeps static. No more port and hosting speed problems and all the information (even bans) are automaticly shared.

3. PSR system

Here comes the bad part. Maybe: PSR = Poor System of Rating? What is PSR anyway?

For most of the players PSR mean how good or bad is someone. For me it means how lucky someone with team mates and enemy team. Yeah, because in public games you play with "random" players.

• PSR count your playstyle? No.
  • PSR count your kills or deaths? No.
  • PSR count your farm or deny? No.
  • PSR count your apm? No.
  • PSR count at least your macro and micro? Ofc, no.

So... PSR only mean how lucky you are to get a random team if you play in public area. I know if you beat higher PSR enemy, you get more (or lose less), but that not makes different.

Who designed this system for a "public game"? (Not realy need asnwer.)

4. I am noob forever

Maybe I should play only clan games... Maybe I should search the best clan... Maybe...
But why? Just because of PSR?

After this long time DotA I am still a noob. I don't think I am a noob but "everybody" say that.

• If my K/D/A is good, that not matter... because of PSR.
  • If my creep / deny is good that not matter... because of PSR.
  • If I play with 250+ games account, that not matter... only PSR again.

So what ca I do? Force the victory in all games and forget anything other, right? No no, its not so simple. Because if I "sacrifice" everything for win - and my team not that good - I still lose PSR. So all my stats become bad and my PSR is low.

I see the same line almost in every single game: "You are noob!".

5. Let's play for PSR!

After this long time as I said at start I made many unique strategys. That means I never saw it in game or in guides. I just used my own logic, I calculated, tested, and tryed more and more and... more.

I am not an egoist. I don't need any "gj" or "you are nice". Nothing like this.

I proudly say, I found one of the best strategy for myself to win games with almost any kind of team (in public!). It is working somtimes, not all the time but it is working. I won games with 4 hard feeders. I also won games with 4 hard feeders without any death.

Sometimes boring to play that strategy over and over again, but hell yeah my PSR is growing slowly. I just reached 1750+ by my power. I only play for victory and PSR!

This should be the end of my story... but...

6. BUT...

I few minutes ago, before I registered to the forum I got kicked from a game before start. Just a single AP game with 1500-1600 PSR players. I joined with my 1750+. Clear? Ok.

Let me try to quote what they said: "Kick this guy X/Y kill and die, he is useless!"
X = 4; I can't kill to much and I don't need because it is a pusher strategy.
Y = 2; It is a pusher strategy again, 2 die with 200+ games not that anyway, or is it?

So what the hell??? PSR also makes me noob? WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?

This made me angry as hell. This was the last thing I needed to come here, register and start a post.
Maybe it is my personal war vs PSR... or I am just very stupid(???). But guys, it is NOT FUNNY ANYMORE like this.

7. What now?

Good question. I don't know the asnwer. I can't tell you who is the bad guy in the story. I can't say I am perfect or always great person...

The only thing I can say, I need some kind of help. Nooo, not a doctor...

I realy think this system need some redesign. Or need something for the public games / public players.

It is not fun anymore if a game makes me angry like this. I don't want to leave DotA, eurobnet or playdota. I think I am not the only one with this kind of problems.

8. Finale

I am waiting for any asnwer. I am ready to talk with everbody if need as long as need.

I also can offer some help. Maybe I can offer some money too. (I don't share any information about my company and knowladge in public... only with the right person at private area.)

I will try to bump my topic if need. I will try to not break forum rules but I can't keep this in myself anymore.

Thanks for reading my lines!
I hope I opened some eyes!

Respect,
AngryPlayer
My english isn't good, no need to warn me about.

Offline _VendettA_

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • what goes around comes around
    • View Profile
    • Awards
thank u for opening this topic
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 05:06 »
i am really with u man i got the same problem and i almost every time get the 1st place in the list after the game ends i get more kills and even if my team lose so what the hell should i do to get more psr ....??? well i am noob but how can i be pro if it's not about me it's about my random team ??!!! :-\ so what should i do or.. we do ???

my English is not so good am sorry about it.......

When a man learns to love he must bear the risk of hatred.

Offline D.L.N

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dear Playdota.eu!
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 06:21 »
@Up
Lol... Decent post's quality i must admit. I AM NOOB BUT ME WANNA PRO TEAM THAT WOULD'VE WON EVERY GAME FOR ME, OMFG GOD Y U HATE ME?! Y U WON'T LET ME BE PRO?! FACKEN SHIT, LOOK WHAT YOU DID GOD, IM TURNING ATHEIST AND GAY! I AM ALWAYS FIRST ON THE END GAME SCOREBOARD THAT IS ABSOLUTELY NOT CONNECTED IN ANY WAY WITH DOTA BUT KKKK

@Angry
So, you got kicked from few games and it made you rage and write a trilogy? Dude, it's just a game, impossible to make perfect statistics system that would define "skill level" of every player. Also somehow i don't know what you're about... Are you playing for pure stats or to have some fun in a cool game? You are just making big deal out of nothing, it's like in everyday life, assholes do exist, no way to stop them, just move on.

The whole misunderstanding is caused by narrow minded kids that plays 24/h, they treat PSR as an oracle, rather than just a minor guidelines that tells us some basic info. You often see these bastards that goes like "OMFG ME 1800 PSR IM PRO ME MID PLZ" afterwards they're gettin totally wrong items and're autoattacking creeps >.>

Your options are:
1. Chill out and let it be.
2. Find other platform to play on.
3. Join a clan.
4. Go graduate from harvard, build a time machine and go back to 1920. then along side with Einstein spend your whole life on designing absolutely amazing dota stats system.

4Th seems pretty legit.

The only thing i am worried about is a ladder... In a few months there will be no way that new players could get into top of the ladder, even if facken Dendi came here to play retarded public games he wouldn't make it to the top because difference of the highest PSR players and him will be way too big, the only chance is that they will stop playing.

Offline Kalu

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 07:32 »
Advertising other servers/platforms wont bring you any good.

If you continue with this, i'll be forced to take further actions.

~Angel
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 11:23 by Angel »

Offline D.L.N

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2011, 08:09 »
Good that you know how to play cm...

Wow, shame that tri lanes are actually outdated in a current ver. But people playing CM in pubs think they are mega pro cuz they've heard about this strat that was popular few versions ago... Don't get me wrong, you've brought this topic and im just sayin' something that was on my mind for a quite time. Nowdays most effective and most popular strat is having two junglers, ofc tri lanes are still viable if needed but for the time being pro dota is about ganking.

Offline DuffMan

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2011, 09:34 »
I agree with U. PD.eu is a great, but...
PSR was a step back - i'm not discussing the private games, im talking about normal pubed games.
Before PSR everyone checked K/D/A c/d ratio (at least - im not telling its the best info about that player skill, but it works), but now everybody fall in love in % chance to win...

Offline dRagoLjuB

• dRagoLjuB
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Nowhere and Everywhere
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 10:10 »
You told us everything we know xD
You could write like i got kicked and i m mad -_- but i like ur big post ^^
Soo my answer to your question is (tadamamama pop) dont check psr, check their statics (ck/denys/kills/asaists/deaths/neutrala)
But tbh, you play 6 y dota and you dont have a team with which you can pwn :/? Iz not good

Gotta agree some of that, but I have solved the problem with game quality. If  Iwant better games I play at RGC and if I want to play pubgames, I play here. If you get -cm in PD.EU, you won't never get trilanes. They join to -cm just to test the mode, but don't really know how they should be playing. When you try to tell these people to get on trilane to get carries farmed and good ganking to be done they'll jsut call you noob.
you wanna tell me that rgc is better than pd.eu ? Are u fucking kidding me ? 50% chance that they go triline 50 not ... Anyway i think that you think that if you play cm modes that you are pro, sry man that isnt true... I played more times with docta there and it was a disaster(noobs/flammers/leavers/etc). Imo the only public league which can mess with pd.eu is dlg
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 10:18 by 德拉戈柳 »

Offline donjacrtasamir

• WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 10:38 »
"7. What now?

Good question. I don't know the asnwer. I can't tell you who is the bad guy in the story. I can't say I am perfect or always great person...

The only thing I can say, I need some kind of help. Nooo, not a doctor..."

just create your own game be the host and nobody can kick you -.-

do it like this /w playdota.eu !pub i am pro
If your frightened of dying, and your holding on. You'll see devils tearing your life away but if you've made your peace, then the devils are really angels,... Freeing you from the earth

Offline abloodywar

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 10:49 »
you dont have a team with which you can pwn :/?
How would this fix the underlying problem? Make PD priv-team only?

Also, TPS > PSR
http://tuffhund.se/psr.php

Offline Angel

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Confoederationis Helveticae
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 11:29 »
Hm, maybe you got it wrong, but at some points you're right. I'll point them anyways.

PSR system is good imo. Its just your 'bad luck'.

But, yes there are some people even with 1900 psr that are completly 'noobs' by all meaning of that word, and it's very often to see such of words when low psr player join in the lobby 'kick this noob'. Well i don't agree with that. Even i'm pretty sure that there is a better players with low psr then in top 20... So, maybe you need to try and work out a few new strategies... ;)

Contact me, i'll play with you some games, along with my teamates. Let's see what you know :)

Cheers

Offline abloodywar

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2011, 11:55 »
PSR system is good imo.
Please tell me how PSR does a good job in determinate individual skill.

Its just your 'bad luck'.
Why should luck in how good your teammates are have anything to do with how good you are? Please explain this.

Offline Angel

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2011, 12:13 »
Who said that i've mention that he has bad luck with his teammates? I said it's his bad luck for having low PSR, if he is good like he claims that he is.

It does a good job by saying how good you're with k/d/a, c/d/n. For me its pretty enough to make an image how good player you're...

Offline Carry_Out

• Advanced Member
  • Dark Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2011, 12:14 »
Dragoljub was right, we know all this.. ???

Offline abloodywar

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2011, 12:24 »
Who said that i've mention that he has bad luck with his teammates? I said it's his bad luck for having low PSR, if he is good like he claims that he is.
He had 1750+ which is pretty high, so that didn't make any sense. And the reason you have low PSR is because you have bad teammates.

It does a good job by saying how good you're with k/d/a, c/d/n. For me its pretty enough to make an image how good player you're...
PSR doesn't take any of that into consideration. You only win PSR by winning. And you lose PSR for losing, being kicked, losing connection etc.

Offline Angel

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2011, 12:27 »
He had 1750+ which is pretty high, so that didn't make any sense. And the reason you have low PSR is because you have bad teammates.

PSR doesn't take any of that into consideration. You only win PSR by winning. And you lose PSR for losing, being kicked, losing connection etc.

Your question was about PSR System, not PSR only. Thats why i answered about k/d/a... First read what you ask, instead of poor spam.

And i wont agree about teammates, you can still have nice PSR 1800+ playing only with pubers...