Author Topic: Another ban mod on a power trip  (Read 29146 times)

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Guess who's back :D
    • View Profile
    • When injustice becomes a LAW, resistance becomes a duty
    • Awards
Re: Another ban mod on a power trip
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2010, 22:27 »
As I said before, you rlly need medical assistance!

Cheers!
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Offline 0uts1d3r

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2010, 22:28 »
did anyone notice me in the ss :)

Embarass mods?
Brother... that ship has long sailed.

Offline fnelleh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2010, 22:44 »
Of course, but you yourself cannot or refuse read, because as I stated before we have new rules that will come in place when new stat system is established. We haven taken peoples suggestions and new rules/system will reflect that. But you guys are oblivious to anything we try to tell you.
I'm not going to read all the past jibberish written by the admins again, but if I remember correctly, I haven't seen a single mod saying that solutions (and which solutions?) to problems adressed in this topic are actually going to be implemented in the "new rules" which you hide behind. Thus, the discussion remains open, and should be listened to by the admins.

I would also like to make two points:
1. Stop flaming unnecessarily, it doesn't make you look impartial at all
2. There is no "you guys", I'm an individual

Offline iNK

• WickedSick Member
  • U.S.A
    • View Profile
    • Dotalicious
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2010, 22:49 »
Lol I knew what you meant, but you put anti-mod in quotes, specifying a direct phrase word I use. And no, it does not work the way you say. I generalized his actions and words using anti-mod. Those sentences by themselves don't hold such meaning. Sorry, unfortunantely you hold no weight in this discussion. All you have posted is spam, and had not offered 1 idea on how to help fix this issue we do not think exist. Locking thread will only help their cause. You are an instigator, if have nothing productive to say, why join such a such discussion? This is rhetorical.

Btw, who is flaming?? lol. We are being impartial, it is a stupid ban anyone with half a brain can see this.

Offline iNK

• WickedSick Member
  • U.S.A
    • View Profile
    • Dotalicious
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2010, 22:51 »
did anyone notice me in the ss :)
Lol I did notice you, but I was afraid you may have been dai.

Offline fnelleh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2010, 23:03 »
Lol I knew what you meant, but you put anti-mod in quotes, specifying a direct phrase word I use. And no, it does not work the way you say. I generalized his actions and words using anti-mod. Those sentences by themselves don't hold such meaning. Sorry, unfortunantely you hold no weight in this discussion. All you have posted is spam, and had not offered 1 idea on how to help fix this issue we do not think exist. Locking thread will only help their cause. You are an instigator, if have nothing productive to say, why join such a such discussion? This is rhetorical.

Btw, who is flaming?? lol. We are being impartial, it is a stupid ban anyone with half a brain can see this.
What the hell are you talking about? Are you confusing me with someone else? What the hell is anti-mod? Half of your post doesn't even make sense.
I will repeat my previous post, but now constructed in a simple easy to understand direct question, so that your second braincell might pick up his glasses, gaze towards it, and aciddentally stumble upon it:

What are the exact rule changes, that apply to this discussion, that are supposedly going to be implemented?

If you fail to answer this question, I say again: the discussion remains open.

Offline AliRadicali

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2010, 23:06 »
ONCE AGAIN HE DID NOT LEFT GAME CAUSE GAME DID NOT STARTED DO I NEED TO DRAW THAT FOR BOTH OF YOU!
When exactly does the game count as started? The rules don't mention it, but common sense dictates that the game has begun as soon as the lobby countdown ends. Why?
First of all, look at the countdown message: "Game starting in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0" Seems pretty obvious right?
Secondly, if someone leaves before or during the countdown, the players can just stay in the lobby and !pub. As soon as the countdown is over, (I.E. loadscreen and beyond) the game has to be remade to play with equal teams.

In other words, the game had already begun when night disconnected, since he dc-ed during the loadscreen. Having to look at the loadscreen for 180 seconds, only to see that someone dropped and the game has to be remade is annoying as hell, so I certainly wouldn't want people to be allowed to leave during loading without punishment.
Allowing people to leave until the first creep spawn sounds downright stupid.

Also, can the offtopic flaming please relocate itself to another thread?

Offline iNK

• WickedSick Member
  • U.S.A
    • View Profile
    • Dotalicious
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2010, 23:43 »

What the hell are you talking about? Are you confusing me with someone else? What the hell is anti-mod? Half of your post doesn't even make sense.
I will repeat my previous post, but now constructed in a simple easy to understand direct question, so that your second braincell might pick up his glasses, gaze towards it, and aciddentally stumble upon it:

What are the exact rule changes, that apply to this discussion, that are supposedly going to be implemented?

If you fail to answer this question, I say again: the discussion remains open.
Did you get lost somewhere? I was speaking to hakal obviously? Just that last sentence is about you and it is seperated. Hmm new rules that apply to this topic. Stupid bans such as this is bannable. But I guess you thats not what you are looking for. Here is the thing none of us think night acted out of line so there is nothing to fix on this issue. I was speaking on the rules situation in general, there have been many tweaks to them and will hopefully make the system more efficient.

@AliRadicali -- not exactly there is a bug that when you leave in countdown timer, game still starts but you are booted once game loads at 0:00.

Offline Hakal

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2010, 23:46 »

Want an idea to avoid half brain bans?Cut the moderators to half,am i a stimulator? Perhaps.
But i fail to see ur weight in this issue aswell,Maybe a higher ranking mod/admin should adress this as u can't be objective since u joined the mod team recently and are still in the but kissing phase.

Btw im backing off had my fun  ;)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 23:51 by Hakal »

Offline AliRadicali

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2010, 00:01 »
@AliRadicali -- not exactly there is a bug that when you leave in countdown timer, game still starts but you are booted once game loads at 0:00.
That, quite frankly, is irrelevant to the point I was making. The bot is supposed to abort the countdown if someone leaves. The fact that a bug causes this to occasionally malfunction has no bearing on my point at all; in fact, it just means that one could argue that the game begins during the countdown.

Regardless, my point remains that the game is already started during the loading screen, and thus that leaving during this period means that the leaver rules apply.

Offline iNK

• WickedSick Member
  • U.S.A
    • View Profile
    • Dotalicious
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2010, 00:01 »

Want an idea to avoid half brain bans?Cut the moderators to half,am i a stimulator? Perhaps.
But i fail to see ur weight in this issue aswell,Maybe a higher ranking mod/admin should adress this as u can't be objective since u joined the mod team recently and are still in the but kissing phase.
Lol butt kissing, I think the rest will beg to differ, but I will not even intrigue you on the topic, because frankly your not worth my time. The higher ranking mod already posted his view and it is nothing different. Even if night was not a mod, as the rules state banning for leaving, which he did not, before creeps enter is a warn not a ban. I do not see how can make a valid arguement in any way. He was not suppose to be banned in the first place, even if was treated as a regular player. Thus unbanning himself was not an abuse.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 00:03 by i_N_K »

Offline fnelleh

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2010, 00:06 »
Did you get lost somewhere? I was speaking to hakal obviously? Just that last sentence is about you and it is seperated. Hmm new rules that apply to this topic. Stupid bans such as this is bannable. But I guess you thats not what you are looking for. Here is the thing none of us think night acted out of line so there is nothing to fix on this issue. I was speaking on the rules situation in general, there have been many tweaks to them and will hopefully make the system more efficient.
As you apparently partly responded to my post it's not really that weird that I thought that your complete post was directed towards me. Maybe you should quote, or learn how to, instead of posting a reaction torn between two discussions.

Further, according to you, no new rules apply to the current situation as proposed in this topic. Then please re-read this:
I don't understand this repeated "rage" thing. To me it seems the only outraged people here are the admins. (Massive overuse of the word "nerd" here)

Now that I've seen that everyone, who is coincidentally not an admin, agrees at some degree with the original poster, I'm quite dissappoint in the attitude portrayed here by the admins. There is a valid point about admin-abuse here which can be fixed by changing the rules. Maybe the admins should stop backing each other up and listen to what "the people" have to say?
Of course, but you yourself cannot or refuse read, because as I stated before we have new rules that will come in place when new stat system is established. We haven taken peoples suggestions and new rules/system will reflect that. But you guys are oblivious to anything we try to tell you.
If this apparently doesn't apply to the current discussion as you said so yourself ("Here is the thing none of us think night acted out of line so there is nothing to fix on this issue"), please refrain from telling me that I cannot or refuse to read, or that I'm oblivious, as your arguments are obviously invalid.
I will say again what I've said before: There is a valid point about admin-abuse here which can be fixed by changing the rules.

Offline Zerind

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2010, 00:07 »
Wow, lovely flaming here. Let's just put that aside, shall we?
I think we can agree on the fact that the original ban was unjust, as well as warning or banning the host who did ban (I'd agree with a warn for first offense, but nwm that now).
So, could you please address these points too?
That is, if you can stop insulting each other for a minute or two.

No mod should ever unban him/herself.
No mod should ever ban a player with whom he/she has a quarrel. An independent, 3rd mod should be asked to revise the situation, and decide on the ban.

It is common sense, man. You just don't unban yourself. Simple as that. Not even if you think the ban is unjust. Like everyone else, you have to go through the unban procedure. (And we all know you can pm another mod, and he/she will revise your unban request out of turn. So you will not have to wait one day to get your unban, like the rest of us, but somehow, that is acceptable. Or more acceptable, because it just feels like kind of corruption, not power abuse.)

Offline iNK

• WickedSick Member
  • U.S.A
    • View Profile
    • Dotalicious
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2010, 00:22 »
As you apparently partly responded to my post it's not really that weird that I thought that your complete post was directed towards me. Maybe you should quote, or learn how to, instead of posting a reaction torn between two discussions.

Further, according to you, no new rules apply to the current situation as proposed in this topic. Then please re-read this:
I don't understand this repeated "rage" thing. To me it seems the only outraged people here are the admins. (Massive overuse of the word "nerd" here)

Now that I've seen that everyone, who is coincidentally not an admin, agrees at some degree with the original poster, I'm quite dissappoint in the attitude portrayed here by the admins. There is a valid point about admin-abuse here which can be fixed by changing the rules. Maybe the admins should stop backing each other up and listen to what "the people" have to say?
If this apparently doesn't apply to the current discussion as you said so yourself ("Here is the thing none of us think night acted out of line so there is nothing to fix on this issue"), please refrain from telling me that I cannot or refuse to read, or that I'm oblivious, as your arguments are obviously invalid.
I will say again what I've said before: There is a valid point about admin-abuse here which can be fixed by changing the rules.
?? I said this kind of stupid ban will be bannable, isn't that new? ---> Applies to current discussion. So maybe we won't have to go through this again. There is no valid point to this specific discussion. There is no abuse here.

@Zerind- I agree with your 2nd point to an extent, because when things get personal a mod may not make the right decision. But I also believe in a mods judgement, and if he ever does get out of line, the third party mod can intervene...It can work both ways.
As for the first one I just think the best effective way to have a mod banned if he really did abuse, is to to make a request in forum. They should really have the benefit of the doubt. Afterall they are the ones choosen to enfore the rules.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 00:28 by i_N_K »

Offline Domagoj

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2010, 00:24 »
A little bit off topic, sorry, but i never understood why leaving before creep spawning is not bannable? It is just as irritating as any other type of leaving, and it also wastes a lot of time for the other players.