Author Topic: Stats abuse  (Read 5491 times)

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Stats abuse
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2010, 19:36 »
Recently happend to me that someone from channel pd.eu when see that i create game, he joins and asks for slots one or two for his friends. Thats not a problem for me to !hold some slots for them... Thats what we want.
They want to kick some sentinels asses and we really glad to see that, becouse we gonna have battle with pros (most of the times) who wont leave for sure and will play till the end.
After one game more friends comes to join to both sides, so game is more playable and level of competition is higher.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 19:42 by Resor »

Offline ´DotaHead

• Newbie Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 15:24 »
Im not against friend playing and its not what this topic is about.  However its arguable if imbalanced teams should get stats.  Im not against stats but when it affects the game something should be done.

Anyways, how is !sd good for kicking feeders when everyone walks around and lasthits?  Someone with 1 game of 0-7 could have been great in that game.  Just unlucky with the lasthits.  Assist is a good stat though.

Ive seen tanks afraid to die just cause of stats and i think its really sad.  Most of the looserteam nowdays just afk at fountain aswell cause they dont want the negative stats.  Even though they could put up a fight and maby even win with 1 good push.  Its a teamgame and individual stats is really gamebreaking imo.  Atleast in pubs.

Offline Dark_Servant

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 14:40 »
Hi.  I finding that stats more and more ruins the pub games.  Idk if you agree but here is what i've experienced.

1. Host kicks you if you have more losses then wins.  (Its not like you can help if your team lose...)
2. Host puts all the guys with worst stats in scrouge.  (to win easier and get better stats)
3. People ingame tend to be lasthitting more & afraid to die for the greater good. (to get better stats)

Whats your thoughs?

1. Doesn't have to be that way. I always check kill/deny/assist + creep kill/DENY/neutral to get an overall vision of a player. For example, if one has 4.5/6.6/8.1 + 120/18.1/20 and win/loss 4/17 I would personally want such player in my team. this means he's good at ganking, creeeping (notice denies) and teamplay, while one with 10.2/6.3/4.3 + 99.2/1.3/30 with 17/4 is more about stealing kills (lasthitting heroes with spells), low creeping abilities, and low teamplay. I would prefer first over second guy.

2. I try to have even games, like to play vs good opponents, but however it may happen that usually I play with my friends and it looks like stacked team. You can't blame one for playing with his friends, right?!

3. Last hitting (creeps) and denying both heroes & creeps, is what makes you improve your playing as well as having more fun while farming xD Try to deny as much creeps as possible. You'll see many "!" in your game ^^

Offline ArizaelCZ

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 15:45 »
Dota is a GAME. Still most people plays game for FUN - if you want to have perfect stats play on tournaments, do some proffesional sport or work on your carrer/school rating. But damnit dont some totaly stupid like removing !swap command - i ll 10x rather play with friends than get 10:1 K/D ratio.
Quote from: ArmyMaN^E^
in that game no mh man becaus all games in start i type -ah

Offline vaikiss

• MonsterKill Member
  • Imbalanced Gaming 4 Life
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Troll Madness Winner [UNIQUE] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • QuakeLive-Best Fps EVAH!
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2010, 03:41 »
lmfao dota is team game  if u noobs don't like it go download AI maps and play vs bots

God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Offline Dark_Servant

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2010, 15:05 »
And who says you can't have fun while playing serious?! Try new combos, heroes as well as denies which personally give a special fun to my every game... But, however, if you wanna screw around while playing then better don't join my games.. I would greatly appreciate it. You don't have to waste the time of people who find it more then just a game.

2 Vaikiss: You have good point: Wanna fun, download AI maps, there you don't even need to play, you can use commands to get max lvl and items so you could go screw around.

Offline Quon

• Hand of The King
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • garekds9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2010, 01:25 »
For me only victory matters. I like to play support heroes and I have no problem if some1 steal a kill if he plays a carry. When am plying for example Rhasta, Maiden or Lion, am not farming. I only spam opponents in lane or ganking. Thats the way those hero should be played, only if your team m8s are good ofc.  I rarely see players who does that.

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 10:56 »
Becouse all heroes you mentioned are good half-hp nukers.
I love when someone pick ES or TC and play like a carry.... no comment.

Offline Quon

• Hand of The King
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • garekds9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 12:38 »
Becouse all heroes you mentioned are good half-hp nukers.
I love when someone pick ES or TC and play like a carry.... no comment.

In lane cant farm both heroes. Carry should farm and hero who can be useful without items shouldnt. Thats what I talk about

Offline reisor.ee

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2010, 16:11 »
Ultimately, pub dota is about team vs nubs or nubs vs nubs.

Offline penisfacelol

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2010, 15:08 »
I agree with the problem. In fact, I just came to write to the forum about this problem, when I noticed there was already a thread.

I propose a solution similiar to the one found in CS, that is auto-teambalance. This could be a bot-implemented volountary command to arrange fair teams inside the lobby. Auto-balancing according to stats would certainly not be perfect, but better than just to shuffle or not doing anything at all.

To players who want to play with friends... the command could be something that is announced beforehand, in the gamename (similiarly to game mode). For example, a gamename could be "DOTA SDSO pro autobalance"     
If you want to play with a freind, just dont join into games that advertise using the command.

I figure it would not be difficult to implement.. someone needs to figure out a formula, according to which the most even teams could be determined given the current players stats in lobby.

Ofcourse, the host still has the right to kick total nabs when he seems it fit. But I think overall, this would reduce the current amount of stats abuse.

Offline penisfacelol

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2010, 15:10 »
I think the most important feature of this command would be that it is impartial, no-one could whine about host choosing the best team for himself.

Offline borat

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2010, 07:35 »
This is really a good idea!

I for sure would look for those "!autobalance" games.  However I think the score formula needs some minor changes.

- Assist should be worth as much points as a kill since kill is usually a lucky lasthit.

- Deaths,Kills,Assists,CreepKills,CreepDenies.  These values should be divided by "average-game-length" giving the same score for quick ending games, e.g. 20min game.

We should make a topic about this in the request section

Offline Dark_Servant

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2010, 15:52 »
This is really a good idea!

I for sure would look for those "!autobalance" games.  However I think the score formula needs some minor changes.

- Assist should be worth as much points as a kill since kill is usually a lucky lasthit.

- Deaths,Kills,Assists,CreepKills,CreepDenies.  These values should be divided by "average-game-length" giving the same score for quick ending games, e.g. 20min game.

We should make a topic about this in the request section

First, I disagree with you about the statement that Kill is usually a lucky lasthit, even though some players steal on purpose for having higher kill/death ratio. And in my opinion assist should be worth 75 % of kill.

Second, I would propose that denies are worth a bit more then now, for the reason that people will try to improve their overall gameplay and not only creeping like insane all game long then come with imba items and be über godlike :P

Third, I completely agree with the idea of making kills/deaths and creep kills/denies/neutrals divided into "average-game-lenght" solution like you meant.

Offline iluv_meow

• Honored member
  • Pro Member
  • Girl next door
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2010, 00:49 »
And in my opinion assist should be worth 75 % of kill.

i like ur idea...this shows TRUE team players
I am a fully grown girl with proper boobs OK?

My new fan below xD
iluv_meow started his mh, admited it in team chat, blinked on us in their forest in fog