Author Topic: Can you solve these riddles?  (Read 61745 times)

Offline div.ide

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Forum staff member [RARE] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Can you solve these riddles?
« Reply #660 on: February 11, 2013, 16:58 »
You know, you can just post riddles, I'm sure that will actually help reviving this more that "yes plz" posts.

Lemme give it a shot.

Spoiler for Hiden:
*story part*
I died.
After regaining consciousness, I found myself trapped in mysterious chamber. There were two door on opposite sides of chamber, each guarded by an angel. There was no other way out.

Suddenly, I heard deep voice, coming apparently from inside of my head. It said:

"You commited many sins, human. You are, however, given a chance to redeem yourself. One door leads to heaven, one to hell. One of guardians always lies, other one always says truth. You can ask one of them one question. Use your wits and choose wisely, as there's no turning back."

*riddle part*
Both door and both guardians were identical. There were no other clues, I couldn't tell which door lead where, nor which guardian tells the truth.

I asked one of guardians one question, then, confidently, chose the door to heaven.

What question did I ask, and how did I choose the right door?
01010111 01100101 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 01100101 00101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110010 01100100 00101110

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #661 on: February 11, 2013, 17:12 »
You will ask one of the guardians "is jean best player eu" and if he says "yes" then he's guarding the heaven's door, if not, then that's obviously the door to hell.

Offline T-Bag

• also known as Teddy Bear
  • Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Awards Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Timbersaw Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #662 on: February 11, 2013, 17:13 »
You will ask one of the guardians "is jean best player eu" and if he says "yes" then he's guarding the heaven's door, if not, then that's obviously the door to hell.
nobody said that lying guardian is at door to the hell

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #663 on: February 11, 2013, 17:15 »
bitch please

one of guardians always lies, other one always says truth

Offline T-Bag

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Awards Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Timbersaw Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #664 on: February 11, 2013, 17:19 »
bitch please

one of guardians always lies, other one always says truth
Is the one who is lying standing at doors to heaven or hell? so stfu pls

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #665 on: February 11, 2013, 17:21 »
the one that stays on the heaven's door is obviously telling the truth

Offline T-Bag

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #666 on: February 11, 2013, 17:23 »
the one that stays on the heaven's door is obviously telling the truth
Obviously doesnt mean its fact.  ;)

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #667 on: February 11, 2013, 17:32 »
heaven - a place where honest people go

hell - a place where liars go

your argument - invalid.

Offline T-Bag

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #668 on: February 11, 2013, 17:36 »
heaven - a place where honest people go

hell - a place where liars go

your argument - invalid.

But in fact it doesnt mean anything...
nwm we are getting offtopic a bit.

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #669 on: February 11, 2013, 17:44 »
then if you're that smart why don't you give it a try and solve this riddle on your own, rather than commenting my personal solution (opinion (therefor I didn't go offtopic, which turns that "we" of yours in singular)) with some random crap.

Offline kingW3

• Partimanijak
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #670 on: February 11, 2013, 17:52 »
Ask him "What would the other angel say if i asked him 'What is the path to heaven'" and go to the other path.Because the one who all ways tells truth will tell what the other angel would say(lie) therefore it's the other path.And the liar all ways lies so he will tell a lie so it's the other way.

Offline T-Bag

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #671 on: February 11, 2013, 18:21 »
then if you're that smart why don't you give it a try and solve this riddle on your own, rather than commenting my personal solution (opinion (therefor I didn't go offtopic, which turns that "we" of yours in singular)) with some random crap.
what about Pluralis Majestatis...We just feel like that  ;)

Offline div.ide

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Forum staff member [RARE] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #672 on: February 11, 2013, 18:24 »
No one says that lying guardian guards hell.

Ask him "What would the other angel say if i asked him 'What is the path to heaven'" and go to the other path.Because the one who all ways tells truth will tell what the other angel would say(lie) therefore it's the other path.And the liar all ways lies so he will tell a lie so it's the other way.
I belive that is correct.
Prize: +1 karma. And maybe some points on scoreboard, if you have any.
01010111 01100101 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 01100101 00101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110010 01100100 00101110

Offline kingW3

• Partimanijak
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #673 on: February 11, 2013, 18:52 »
I see no change in my karma,nice try though  8)
EDIT:Oops i received my karma now :)
Anyway i guess by some rule i should post some riddle so here it is.

Riddle
Cannibals caught explorer.
They told him to say something, if it's true we'll bake him and eat him, and if it's false we'll boil him and eat him. Can The explorer somehow survive?

btw did any of you try the Japanese IQ test they give for job application(10 mins).
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 19:03 by kingW3 »

Offline BLOODYALBOZ

• SHQIPE ME DY KRENA
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • THE BLOODY ALBOZ
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #674 on: February 11, 2013, 18:59 »
Scoreboard:
KingW31
I went to the gym today and forgot to post it on facebook, now whole workout was useless :'(
[1:01:14 AM] Gregory House: Then you dragged my ass
[1:00:47 AM] Gregory House: into this
[1:00:50 AM] Gregory House: :D
[1:00:56 AM] 2PAC : and look where u are now ? :P
[1:01:28 AM] Gregory House: home, al