Author Topic: Autoban when u lose connection  (Read 2205 times)

Offline feederleaver

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Autoban when u lose connection
« on: October 07, 2011, 00:36 »
I was just wondering if u lose connection and lag out, why do u get ban ?

I know u can post unban request and be unbaned in 1-2 hours but i just don't understand why it is considered u are guilty from start ?

CAn this rule be changed in the future ?

Offline Angel

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Confoederationis Helveticae
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Autoban when u lose connection
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 00:39 »
It's implemented because people can abuse that with plugging. Basicly if you werent going to get banned for losing connection, people could easily plug out of the game if they are not satisfied with the playing style/result or anything else in that game.

Offline [kosarkas]

• WickedSick Member
  • Ooohhh...You know I don't give a fuck!!!
  • Awards Submitted more than 15 useful myths [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 08:21 »
Yes it does autoban u when u lose connection...

Offline dRagoLjuB

• dRagoLjuB
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Nowhere and Everywhere
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 10:24 »
It's implemented because people can abuse that with plugging. Basicly if you werent going to get banned for losing connection, people could easily plug out of the game if they are not satisfied with the playing style/result or anything else in that game.
good old times where everyone plugged xD
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 14:57 by 德拉戈柳 »

Offline feederleaver

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 14:23 »
Y i know that is the reason for the rule but it seems strange.

In my oppinion, others should prove u are guilty rather than u should prove u are not guilty (by unban request).

And if anyone in game considers u plugged and its obvious it is they that they should prove u are punishable by a ban request. According to the presumption of innocence. That seems like the way justice should work, but whatever.

I've been having issues with internet these days and i dropped kinda often. I'm sick of doing unban request over and over and waiting for approval. Anyway, in this case, playing on another account till that is solved isn't bannable I guess.

In the past, ppl that plugged were more than the ppl that just lost connection ? If yes, than the rule seems to finnaly have a reason for me.

Offline abloodywar

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 14:33 »
Get gproxy or stop joining games and ruining them when you know your connection is flaky.

Offline iNK

• WickedSick Member
  • U.S.A
    • View Profile
    • Dotalicious
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2011, 00:05 »
Get gproxy or stop joining games and ruining them when you know your connection is flaky.
Exactly, nobody wants to play with game ruiners like you. Knowing you might drop and ruin game, do really think you deserve a free pass? Even if you say it is not your fault, try to think about all the people who's game you have ruined.

Offline AF_Affliction

• Pro Member
  • The Grand Wizard of Wardz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2011, 01:26 »
This makes people MUCH more cautious. It's a big difference when it would say : If you leave, you might get banned    and If you leave you're automatically banned.

The innocent players will get unbanned and it's sure that every plugger will get banned, and won't get away with it because people would be lazy / dont know the forum etc.
Who am I? I'm the Soldier of Supporting, Demon of Disables, Monk of the Map Control, the Grand Wizard of Wardz, The Chick Buyer, The Thrish!

Offline feederleaver

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2011, 17:51 »
Exactly, nobody wants to play with game ruiners like you. Knowing you might drop and ruin game, do really think you deserve a free pass? Even if you say it is not your fault, try to think about all the people who's game you have ruined.

:O don't mess with the staff, even if it's inactive :D

Seriouslly now, I was talking about applying the presumption of innocence. As a side note, the president in our country had an ideea of changing the constitution so that rich ppl were forced to prove that their houses, expensive cars are leggaly obtained. If not, they would go to jail, being considered to have stolen all :D Ofc it didn't passed, but in my oppinion, it would stop stealing just like this dota rule stopps plugging, and now I do see a logic in it.

Some mod close thread.

Offline Angel

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Confoederationis Helveticae
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2011, 18:15 »
Topic locked.