Author Topic: Concerning Nicknames..  (Read 5165 times)

Offline AF_Affliction

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
  • The Grand Wizard of Wardz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Concerning Nicknames..
« on: September 15, 2011, 00:01 »
I couldn't find any rules when it comes to nicknames(neither here nor on eurobattle) so I'm asking on both sites..

a) did i somehow miss them

b)this guy => http://playdota.eu/stats/player/1/adolf_hitler666
should be banned right? There should be some rules against nicknames that evoke/provoke/promote discrimination of nationalities/racism etc.

Edit: eurobattle admins already banned him :), but you should add the nickname abuse to the rules if it's not there ;)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2011, 00:12 by AF_Affliction »
Who am I? I'm the Soldier of Supporting, Demon of Disables, Monk of the Map Control, the Grand Wizard of Wardz, The Chick Buyer, The Thrish!

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Enjoyjoy your life
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
Re: Concerning Nicknames..
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 00:18 »
I got nothing against AH666, imo its nothing bad
bannable should be nicks like I hate j*ws )nig*as) its real rasism and anti religion nicks but just hitler666 is nothing nick that just tell about that person IQ if you know what I mean

totally_screwd

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 00:21 »
it is forbidden to use nicknames like this and you can always report them to ban requests board

about rules you are right,even tho we ban nicknames according to those reasons we did not write anything to rules about it

this will be fixed as soon as we can

regards

Offline AF_Affliction

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 00:39 »
thanks a lot for the replays, btw i don't think it's the worst of the "bannable" nicks.. but as long as it is promoting racism/nacism/etc. in some way, it's illegal in many countries. Also, i got nothing against the person too, should he not "promote" Adolf Hitler thru his nick..
Who am I? I'm the Soldier of Supporting, Demon of Disables, Monk of the Map Control, the Grand Wizard of Wardz, The Chick Buyer, The Thrish!

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 12:40 »
I got nothing against AH666, imo its nothing bad
bannable should be nicks like I hate j*ws )nig*as) its real rasism and anti religion nicks but just hitler666 is nothing nick that just tell about that person IQ if you know what I mean
I remember night_must_fall banned guy with nick isus_krist because it can be somehow offensive, he said he would be terrified if ingame message would say "Isus Krist has been killed by night_must_fall"
Also few nicks like "General Mladic" got permabanned.

Signature by Rocka

Offline AF_Affliction

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 19:31 »
Despite being an atheist, I agree with that..

Also, what about er..  nicknames with swearwords in them? eg. I_F**k_You_All etc. , I usualy leave the lobby as soon as i see someone like that in there, the question is, legal / not legal?

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 20:45 »
Despite being an atheist, I agree with that..

Also, what about er..  nicknames with swearwords in them? eg. I_F**k_You_All etc. , I usualy leave the lobby as soon as i see someone like that in there, the question is, legal / not legal?
Every nick you may find offensive may be considered as illegal. Report the nick in Ban Request board and wait for mod. Every mod can have different opinion about the nick. I think every mod would ban nick "I_F*ck_You", nicks like Adolf Hitler, General Mladic, Osama bin Laden may be arguable. Read my first post(with quote from joyjoy) in this topic to get the point.

Signature by Rocka

Offline psych0tron

• Retired Moderator
  • musso
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dotastrategy.com/forum/ftopic24.html
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2011, 07:48 »
or this nick :D

08:56                                                        (All)                                                                                                      mater_vam_jebem killed EmissaryOfDeath                       

Offline feederleaver

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2011, 14:30 »
LOL! U get offended by name like Adolf Hitler or something... U are like some good nature? And yet u play with

heroes like Lucifer... No any sence.

Agree. It's just hypocritical.

Offline mineru

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2011, 16:49 »
i dont get it either ... bans for names?
i really dont see the point , unless its something really offensive , like swearing a race/nation or something ...
i agree that "isus_krist" is really wierd but if u dont wanna be involved , just dont kill him ingame ROFL !  ;D

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2011, 17:47 »
i dont get it either ... bans for names?
i really dont see the point , unless its something really offensive , like swearing a race/nation or something ...
i agree that "isus_krist" is really wierd but if u dont wanna be involved , just dont kill him ingame ROFL !  ;D
Well some people may be offended by name Adolf_Hitler, Jews, ppl whos grandparents died/was murdered by Hitler... etc etc...
I agree with joyjoy here, it is all about IQ of the guy with this nick, normal guy will not choose nick like this or Osama bin Laden. Personally, I would not ban them as long as they behave as normal person.
Spoiler for Hiden:
But I would totally report Adolf_Hitler and Heinrich_Himmler from clan Wehrmacht if they would pick Furion and Alchemist and if they would use Sprout and Acid Spray to me ;D

Signature by Rocka

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Enjoyjoy your life
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2011, 17:59 »
Well some people may be offended by name Adolf_Hitler, Jews, ppl whos grandparents died/was murdered by Hitler... etc etc...
I agree with joyjoy here, it is all about IQ of the guy with this nick, normal guy will not choose nick like this or Osama bin Laden. Personally, I would not ban them as long as they behave as normal person.
Spoiler for Hiden:
But I would totally report Adolf_Hitler and Heinrich_Himmler from clan Wehrmacht if they would pick Furion and Alchemist and if they would use Sprout and Acid Spray to me ;D

you killed so intelligent and serious replay with that spoiler :DDDDDD but it was more clever - I like intelligent humor ;)

Offline AF_Affliction

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2011, 19:52 »
LOL! U get offended by name like Adolf Hitler or something... U are like some good nature? And yet u play with

heroes like Lucifer... No any sence. I am for banning insulting nicks like f*ck u atc, but banning someone with

name or something is just funny.

To be honest...
Spoiler for Hiden:
LOL YOU ACTUALLY POST IN THREAD THAT IS HALF A MONTH DEAD SOME SHIT NOONE CARES ABOUT

Serious bussiness now.. Dude, i sense that you're maybe one of the people that just doesnt give a shit about world.. that kind of people that never gotten into history and their lifegoal is to have the latest stupid brand stuff to impress someone.

If you did know a little about history, how eg. my nation (and many else for that matter) suffered, because a retarded shithead had a vision, that only tall blonde men with blue eyes should live. He didn't hesitate to kill ill people, he didn't hesitate to prohibit people with even minor disorders to have kids, he didn't hesitate to kill anyone that would have a different opinion.

And now, some internet wannabe that just looked how to improve his post count say it's hyppocritical to play with a hero like Lucifer, but to hate Adolf Hitler?

First of all, there's no evidence that Lucifer, even existed. Sorry everyone religious, but i'm an atheist and probably will be for a long time. Second of all, he actually never killed anyone. According to bible, he was an Angel (Lucifer -> Lux Ferry -> Light Bringer) that just disrespected God and was cast out from the heavens.

Even the Christian themselves don't entirely approve the Lucifer = Devil equation, simply because sometimes, the Devil is not pictured as a person, but as sins people make. And even if he is, and punishes christians that sinned in their life, he's just as bad as any policeman, that puts someone in jail..

So, first of all, dont post shit. Second of all, at least dont try to look smart by now knowing jack about a thing that I can safely assume never even touched you in any way.

Also, next time you post into old and dead topic like that with NOTHING new to say, i'm pretty sure mods will warn you. Or at least I'll be there to report your posts

Offline djadja

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2011, 13:54 »
    So now is forbiden to post what is on my mind? Even if topic is 1 year old it isnt locked. Just dont know who gave u right to tell someone what he knows. To tell about someones religion... When was devil ignored in cristianity??? I missed that class. BTW what u know about  Sandor Kepiro. He ordered magyar soldiers to throw 1200 Serbs, Gypsies and Jews In Danube under ice. Ever heard of him? I could use his name on dota, maybe its really my name... maybe its not, ull never know. But ull know that my name isn f*ck u... . BTW im from Serbia, we have monuments and reminders what Hitler did to us, so dont tell me i dont know who he is. Adolf Hitler was just example of name, we all know who he is. When i put name Ratko Mladic, does it offend u? No? But it offend Bosnian muslims and Croatians, coz he was Serbian general who killed many innocent civilians during war on balkan 1991 (btw im not proud of him, im pacifist). But as i said maybe my name is really Ratko Mladic.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 13:58 by djadja »

Offline feederleaver

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2011, 17:44 »
And now, some internet wannabe that just looked how to improve his post count say it's hyppocritical to play with a hero like Lucifer, but to hate Adolf Hitler?
[...]
Also, next time you post into old and dead topic like that with NOTHING new to say, i'm pretty sure mods will warn you. Or at least I'll be there to report your posts

I know noob rage when i see it. It comes with a threat in the finish, he's gonna report our asses :)) go ahead

Btw, what did YOU had to say that's new to the topic, except the fact that u're atheist ? And u're so wrong about the devil or Lucifer, u're speaking about it but u don't have a clue about it, you just presume. Do some reading first.

Btw, what's an ''internet wannabe'' ? Grammar problems is it ?