Author Topic: +fps for wc3  (Read 5568 times)

Melissa

+fps for wc3
« on: August 15, 2011, 09:02 »
How To Increasing Warcraft III Performance/FPS 

If you have an old PC or you have a netbook with windows 7 or vista, then you may have some lags or low fps in warcraft 3.

First that i wan't to say is if you have windows vista then i recommend you to upgrade to windows 7 or latest windows vista service pack.
 Windows vista is really fail OS in my opinion, it "eats" all your resource in PC.

If you wan't to check you fps in Wc3 use FRAPS.

Aero Theme

Try to disable aero theme. right-click on the desktop and choose Personalize from the menu, there switch to basic theme.
For some people enabled aero theme have increase FPS in WC3.

Priority

Making Warcraft III The highest priorty can increase performance in Wc3. Press CNTRL + ALT + Delete and go to task manager. Go to the proccess tab and find "war3.exe". Right click it and set its priority to "Highest".

XP Mode

Try to run Warcraft In a XP Compadibility mode.

1) Go to your Warcraft III Folder.

2) Find war3.exe And Right Click It.

3) Go to Properties and the compadibility Tab.

4) And Click the box " Run in combadibilty Mode " and select Windows XP Service Package 3.

Software Transform and Lighting

On some integrated video cards (like Intel GMA X3100) WC3 works very slow.
 To resolve this problem You need to add -swtnl parameter in target field of shortcut.

It shod look something like this:

"C:\Prog​ram Files\Warcraft III\Frozen Throne.exe" -swtnl

Linux/Ubuntu

If you are running Wc3 in Linux you can increase performance by disabling Compiz.
 To disable Compiz in Ubuntu press ALT + F2 and type:
metacity --replace
To enable Compiz again type:
compiz --replace

Don't except to much, this tips will give best results if you have windows vista.

Also if you have problems with Warcraft 3 and windows 7 check this post.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Warcraft 3 works great on it but on some PC's it make problems.

If You have some problems first what You need to do is download latest drivers for Your graphics card (GPU) and update to latest Warcraft 3 Patch.

Graphics card drivers
If You have nVidia go here.  http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us
If You have Ati go here.  http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.HTML
Latest Warcraft 3 Patch

Windows updates

Also i recommend running Windows Update.
Microsoft released "KB976264" update that increase compatibility for Warcraft 3 (and other older games), try installing this update.

If this didn't fix your problems please continue reading.

If You have problems with Battle.Net:

Set You firewall (or turn it off).
 Run Warcraft 3 as Administarator (right click on Warcraft 3 shortcut > Compatibility > check "Run this program as an administrator"
 When you start Frozen Throne you’ll get a UAC prompt. Click yes to allow it to make changes to your computer and you will able to connect to battle.net normally.

If You have problems that Warcraft 3 is minimizing when You start,

Then You need to disable desktop composition.

To do this right click on Warcraft 3 shortcut > Compatibility > check "Disable desktop composition".

If Warcraft 3 has random screen flicker,

run Warcraft 3 in Windows Xp SP3 Compatibility mode and disable desktop composition.

If Warcraft 3 is saying that You need Direct X,
Read this post.

Fix "Please install Warcraft III before installing The Frozen Throne."

If You have other problems post a comment and i will try to help You. Please if you are getting error write error message or post screenshot, i can't help you if you just say "it don't work".

copied from a forum