Author Topic: new bot rules/workarounds  (Read 1658 times)

Offline 605FORTE

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
new bot rules/workarounds
« on: May 25, 2010, 00:25 »
well as far as i understood bot has suffered some changes, and as far as i saw already by some games i 've done so far some of them are very abusable while others are minor.

one of them is the fact u now can t votekick the host ! at least when i tryed it said player is reserved and can t be votekicked. in my opinion if 9 players think that a host it s not doing his jos (has host or has a player) it s because something must be wrong and he should clearly be kicked.

another one is the fact u can t, at least so far, take over the bot when the real host leaves. this as shown to me been very abusable. i can t count how many hosts i ve seen leaving the game voluntarly and not being banned for it. and in most cases no one is in the mood to come report every of this host leavers to the forum... i talk formy self. done it sometimes but most of times i don t  wanna waste my time with them. so this leads to bad hosts creating lame games, leaving and go creat more lame games.

i know that most of times ppl that took over bot was incapable od handking it and ended up screwing all... hapened to me baning the wrong person wich i only realised later. but in general it seems to have more benefits above all.

and the last major change  is the ban droppers thing. at the begining it seemed to me a good effort on keeping pluggers banned without the need on reporting every of them. cause most of the times u can see when clearly it s a plugg or not.

but suddently i realised that this might get a bit unfair to ppl who just have some ocasional DC's.
It hapened to me already have some DC's. and maybe to everyone. since no one can control the net flow.

and so far i ve seen players who were doing a great game and seemed very unlikle that they would plugg got banned probably because of a DC, and they got banned anyway. as it also hapened to me being in a bad game and have the bad luck to have a dc. i know that all the players inside the game must thought it was plugg. as host did (since i got banned) but it wasn't. just bad luck. and in the end it s very hard to prove it. at least it seems.

sry for the text wall. just wanted to share some opinions so the bot can always be improved

ty for your time.

Offline PlayDota.eu08

• WickedSick Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: new bot rules/workarounds
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2010, 00:47 »
one of them is the fact u now can t votekick the host ! at least when i tryed it said player is reserved and can t be votekicked. in my opinion if 9 players think that a host it s not doing his jos (has host or has a player) it s because something must be wrong and he should clearly be kicked.
as i know its old . they wanted to kick me but fail because i was reserved

Quote from: Dino-Merlin
Ne nisam ti rekao sve, jednostavno nisam imao snage za to

Offline night_must_fall

• Night Has Fallen
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 09:38 »
As far as i know these are all issues from the earlier version of the bot, so they are not changes made in this version

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2010, 09:41 »
This is for a long time (maybe it was always like this).

another one is the fact u can t, at least so far, take over the bot when the real host leaves. this as shown to me been very abusable. i can t count how many hosts i ve seen leaving the game voluntarly and not being banned for it. and in most cases no one is in the mood to come report every of this host leavers to the forum... i talk formy self. done it sometimes but most of times i don t  wanna waste my time with them. so this leads to bad hosts creating lame games, leaving and go creat more lame games.
Check this
!owner command works as intended in the first place.

!owner [name]check who's the game owner. If you're the owner add [name] to set game owner to someone else

and the last major change  is the ban droppers thing. at the begining it seemed to me a good effort on keeping pluggers banned without the need on reporting every of them. cause most of the times u can see when clearly it s a plugg or not.

but suddently i realised that this might get a bit unfair to ppl who just have some ocasional DC's.
It hapened to me already have some DC's. and maybe to everyone. since no one can control the net flow.

and so far i ve seen players who were doing a great game and seemed very unlikle that they would plugg got banned probably because of a DC, and they got banned anyway. as it also hapened to me being in a bad game and have the bad luck to have a dc. i know that all the players inside the game must thought it was plugg. as host did (since i got banned) but it wasn't. just bad luck. and in the end it s very hard to prove it. at least it seems.
You can always post an unban request.

Offline 605FORTE

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 17:00 »
ty for the replies ^^

well i touhgt before  u could votekick the host also, maybe i missunderstood it. and related to the ban droppersa thing, ofc u can always make one unban request, and the ruth is that it keep most pliuggers out of the game, but still seems hard to prove to me. can just be bad luck.

related to the !owner command still some doubts, but i talked with myuber and he alread told me that issue is been taking care i think...   

well ty for your time btw. and gg ;)

Offline 605FORTE

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 04:47 »
well i m sory for being persistent. but maybe someone has the same opinion then me!

i jus think that the way bot used to work was more fair and even maybe would take less time for admins to handle all the situations in hands...

i'm talking about the new system where if u have a DC the game host can still ban u!

i dont  know for you, but i'm able to see the difrence between a plugg or a DC, at least in most cases, since we can t ever be shure. The problem here, seems to me, is that most ppl hosting around just cant!! in the last  weeks i've seeen ppl geting banned for lost the conection in every cases. and i mean in every possible situation. hosts just don t think. they act. i mena. for instance, i ve seen ppl about to win game. with scores like 10 2 or something, laging and geting dc. and being banned... it s just rediculously nonsense.

and besides i've also noticed. maybe like everyone around. that foruum seems way more flooded then ever with the unban requests. it's madness.

seems the old system worked better. if u had a plugger u would come to forum and thing s would be handled. and in general as far i remember. usually pluggers never asked for unban after they got banned, so it stayed the way it was meant to be!

usually during the week i play at my girfriend's house, and her net is not very stable. i mean i can have a DC in a week, or sometimes ive seen this net reseting 3 time ins a day. ofc many times i m not playing, but sometimes it might hapen. it s bad luck!
even in my home were net is way more stable it already hapened once.
so as i was saying in the last times it s about the third time it hapened to me, and it s the third unban request i had to made. and my problem is not having to equest for unban, its that sooner admins might not belive me anymore when i say i DC.

~well it seems something that should be give a tought about. it s mine suggestion so far. even because I, as many ppl around maybe.

ty for your time.

Offline ArizaelCZ

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 15:19 »
I already posted about this. The previous scenario was: Lagg screen->DC/plugg -> Ban request -> Administrators decision -> !Banned/!Denied. Person deciding about the plugg was the admin and everyone but pluggers and lazy game owners were happy.

Problem of this system was to recognize who pluggs and who doesn't. Even the most experienced moderator must find hard to decide,if loosing player plugged or not when doing something neutral (i.e. farming solo on lane, since if the plugger has brain he won't rage plugg right after his death).

Now the system works this way: Lagg screen -> DC/plugg -> !Banlast -> Unban request -> !Unbanned/!Denied

Big plus of new system is that every plugger gets immediately banned. The big flaw is that every poor guy who doesn't own multiple connections from different providers can be less or more unlucky and get banned. Then he must go to the forum and wait for mods to solve his issue before he can play again.

Solution : Make the game owners unable to abuse the !banlast command. Make them think before their waste both mod's and the banned persons time (+ the reputation). Simply banning clearly dced players should be considered as bad hosting and punished by some !warns or even !ban.
Quote from: ArmyMaN^E^
in that game no mh man becaus all games in start i type -ah

Offline 605FORTE

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 16:11 »

Solution : Make the game owners unable to abuse the !banlast command. Make them think before their waste both mod's and the banned persons time (+ the reputation). Simply banning clearly dced players should be considered as bad hosting and punished by some !warns or even !ban.

i dont think this would be so easy to achieve... make owners think can be quite a chalenge!

well in one way it s clear that pluggers now get imidiate ban, ofc. but think about it at least for ppl who know the new rules, and know that know u get banned if u plugg why would they plugg???!! i mean atm is the same thing plugging or leaving voluntarily since u get banned both ways, the only difrence is that u can maybe get unbaned if u plugg, but in most cases those ppl who real plugg wont come ask for unban i think.

i know this was meant to be an improvement but should be up to a host decide is one guy is plugger or not. that should be ledt for mods, since as u said even them have doubts sometimes.

Offline asd999

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 22:36 »
they should simply make an option to disable hosting for some players,for example if u ban someone for nothing u get banned for 3 days and unable to host for 20...and not let hosts ban people in 1st sec,they simply have no reason to leave