Author Topic: PSR system - not so great :/  (Read 13318 times)

Offline Dustbuster

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
PSR system - not so great :/
« on: April 07, 2011, 01:24 »
Hi.

So the PSR is only calculated with players WIN/LOSS right? so what ppl call pro is a person who has high psr?

BUT if a person have more wins than losts - it just mean that the game was unbalanced.

In my opinion, if a person plays only balanced games he will have a win/lose score that is equal (~100/100 lets say) so PSR will be "1500" or whatever.

A person is considered "noob" if he was a low PSR which means that we lost more games than he won...
Dota is a team play game... and if u have noobs in u're team u will loose no matter how good u are...

SO lets say u had a 0/5 win/lose but u had a lot of kills + few deaths+ high creeps etc u will be considered a noob.

Does it make sense?

:S

Offline LexMonster

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: Lexy
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Signature of the Week Contest [RARE] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: PSR system - not so great :/
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 08:42 »
Personaly, I never look at PSR. Im still(and only) watching K/D ratio and Assist. And ofc Denies. Less than 5 denies is noob.

Offline kingW3

• Partimanijak
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 10:16 »
create game yourself find stack and you will have good psr

Offline Domagoj

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 10:30 »
I dont know, in most games that i play, the team with higher psr (and percentage) wins.. Games with guys that have no games played not included. I find it really neat.

Offline Dustbuster

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 23:08 »
Personaly, I never look at PSR. Im still(and only) watching K/D ratio and Assist. And ofc Denies. Less than 5 denies is noob.

i also look at K/D/A & denies --> that's the way to approximate the person playing... not by win/loss.
But most ppl look at PSR and !balance and stuff like that...

I've played a game 70% vs 30% psr and we won (30%) got nice psr after that...

but still I don't see this PSR system working...

and YES- that's STUPID--> to increase my PSR that's what I did!!  played stacked team!! that's the problem in this PSR! 

Cause i had low PSR but OK stats i was kicked from games only cause low PSR...

Offline 1s3ct0wN

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 00:00 »
PSR is great system, for exemple look at my score, I never play with stack, you can check it, do it please, and my PSR are pretty high. Yes I am looking for guys with 1600+ PSR, I have played 1600+ games, those games are AMAZING AWSOME!

Offline Domagoj

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2011, 00:01 »

i also look at K/D/A & denies --> that's the way to approximate the person playing... not by win/loss.
But most ppl look at PSR and !balance and stuff like that...

I've played a game 70% vs 30% psr and we won (30%) got nice psr after that...

but still I don't see this PSR system working...

and YES- that's STUPID--> to increase my PSR that's what I did!!  played stacked team!! that's the problem in this PSR! 

Cause i had low PSR but OK stats i was kicked from games only cause low PSR...

Well yeah, you should always check stats too, cause if you get high psr playing noob games that doesnt mean you will do good in pro games, but in my eyes, psr is just a nice addon to stats (and greatly reduces the problem of players ksing just for stats). And as for percentage, thats what its there for, 30% is still alot. Team stacking is a problem now, but at least it can be noticed in time, and you can leave the lobby/kick the stackers..

Offline Spacehunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 00:14 »
Well yeah, you should always check stats too, cause if you get high psr playing noob games that doesnt mean you will do good in pro games

If you play noob games you get a boost from 1500 to 1550 fast, but when you get that high next games you play you get worse and worse ratio for +/- . The system(if it would be 100% ideal) works that no matter you play noob or pro games you will settle at the same PSR. Playing noob games you will have WIN/LOSE 80/20 for example and in little more pro games 60/40, but in pro games others will have higher PSR so you wuold get better +/- ration and in result you would have the same PSR no matter what games you play.

What ruins system at the moment is new accounters with 1500PSR, where their actual skill is maybe 1300 or maybe 1700... New accounters i mean everyone below 20 games.  Anothers effect is stacking at the moment an efect which i think also will lesser in time.

Offline KaizerChief^

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 00:15 »
I like the system just the way it is. If you're winning you're likely to have good K/D ratio and vice versa.And if you're a good player you won't get 0-5 W/L score,that's bullshit you're talking.I was a bit late for season,some had 1700 psr when I started and yet first few games it was me,among the noobs in my team that won.Not like going in and destroying throne by myself but with talking to the team members,giving them advice and what I consider most important by being a team player.To be clear,I don't consider myself OMGPRO but I think I'm a normal player.What is good about new system is that all started team playing,going solo and farming whole game will only lead to loss,and that's a good thing.So either you truly are a noob,or you're still a pussy-like player who is afraid to go in and die for a team.

Offline Spacehunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 00:17 »
Sry clicked post too soon:)

So in a long run hopefully 90% of people having more than 50 games and system will work perfectly.

I would make it harder for new accounters by requiring a working email for every new account(one account per email)

Offline niflheimx

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 00:55 »
also add points when u played much more games for example every 10 games add your psr +5..

Offline Spacehunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 01:00 »
also add points when u played much more games for example every 10 games add your psr +5..

That would kind of ruin the point of PSR:) Which is that it doesnt matter the number of games only skill for hight PSR.

Offline Dustbuster

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 02:56 »
I like the system just the way it is. If you're winning you're likely to have good K/D ratio and vice versa.And if you're a good player you won't get 0-5 W/L score,that's bullshit you're talking.I was a bit late for season,some had 1700 psr when I started and yet first few games it was me,among the noobs in my team that won.Not like going in and destroying throne by myself but with talking to the team members,giving them advice and what I consider most important by being a team player.To be clear,I don't consider myself OMGPRO but I think I'm a normal player.What is good about new system is that all started team playing,going solo and farming whole game will only lead to loss,and that's a good thing.So either you truly are a noob,or you're still a pussy-like player who is afraid to go in and die for a team.

OK

I'll take your example

What if TEAM 1 wants to increase thier PSR so they stacked thier team.
TEAM 2 got stuck with lousy ppl who can't speak english - they feed on mid, don't call mis, dont team play- nothing. U WILL LOOSE NO MATTER HOW GOOD U ARE!
If u'll leave u'll be autobanned if u !ff there will always be one who would not !ff.

Now do 20 games like this, u're K/D/A will be 9/2/20 but u will have 1300 PSR.
Does it mean u suck?

So yeah- the answer is always chk !rs and never play a stacked game but it is hard cause most ppl care about thier PSR and want to win to they STACK and that's the problem with PSR!!

Offline Spacehunter

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 10:31 »
Well y it is problem now. But if you played 20 games like that with people who ALREADY have high PSR, so after some time, not now on begining of server. Than out of 20 games you would win 2 games but still have abaut 1500 PSR, couse you would gain so much more when win than lose when lose, thats how it is ment to be. I still have confidence, that over long time this will happen, but this long time can very well be half a year and if too many new accounts never...

Offline LecitinTT

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2011, 16:20 »
i remember the day when i lost 3-7 games in a row and didn't lose any points, so it doesn't make sense. And you gain points usually, so you can just find a team and play with them. I don't really care if some play that way, but playing balanced games is better. In iccup the system is quite good, if u play against players with low pts then u dont gain much and lose a lot. If u play against players with same pts u gain/lose average pts. So when u join 7k+ game you can be always sure that game will be good and most of the games are aptb (team balance).