Author Topic: Pd.eu=lacks  (Read 2478 times)

Offline tightrope

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Pd.eu=lacks
« on: April 05, 2011, 15:05 »
Pd.eu = 2-10/15/20 admins
pd.eu bots can sustain: 500 games / 80 looby
let's say 50 people join 50 dota games = 500 people just one dota session.
users = more than 2-3 k i suppose.
pd.eu + eurobattle/fawkz... = best free gaming war3 platform.

Pd.eu public relations = HORRIBLE

A professional institute (or one that truly respects the users that KEEP IT WORKING) meets the demands of the users, or at least tries.

These are things I noticed, and suppose are at least partly true.

A ban/unban admin has to meet 100 requests a week, there are about 2-3 that do this. So 300 requests per week. If we suppose in 24 h, there are 1000 games, and from that many games 25% of the people drop. So 250 games/300 is ok. The problem is, in a week 1750, but from those, let's say 50% go on pd.eu.
so 875. So about 35-40% of the requests are seen, and about 20-25% are solved(mh takes a long time, etc.)

I honestly don't agree with this system, i find it flawed and you can never earn someone's respect if you continue this way(not mine at least).

Note: until you get banned and post a unban request that has been bumped every now and then and ignored, pd.eu is ok.

ex here: http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php/topic,56819.0.html (posted 2nd of april, ban expired 4th april)

Note: This is just feedback, i didn't say this as a rage or "ya, f** this, i'm going to garena", probably most of it will be ignored, i'm ok with that.

My point of view is that a flawed system will never last too long, and it would be a shame.

Offline LexMonster

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: Lexy
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Signature of the Week Contest [RARE] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Pd.eu=lacks
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 15:10 »
They should hire 2-3 nolifers to solve those ~500-1000 requests...

Offline KaizerChief^

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 16:42 »
I heard a lot of people complaining on how unbanning process takes too much time,personally I didn't have any problems with that so far.About the lack of moderators I agree with you,but you need to know one thing,you can't hire 20 moderators just like that,you need to check who they are,does the community want them as moderators and stuff.It takes some time.And even if those MH reports need a long time to get solved,I'd rather wait 2-3 days for job to be well done then to have all MH ban requests being solved in 2 minutes,without the truly checking the accusations.How many times have I been called a MH for killing with invoker,mirana etc. ,or simply avoiding ganks because of map awareness. Oh and one thing I forgot to mention,maybe I'm not right but I think moderators work here for free,after all it's a job,they play on PD and in free time solve requests...that's not easy,after all they have a life outside PD.

Offline tightrope

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2011, 13:57 »
ROFL, u guys FOUND The place to argue!=))) ROFL

@ KaizerChief^ "work" here at pd.eu is PRO BONO, the only thing is they're acting like franc macons or the illuminati in selecting their people. I agree with that, i mean, u don't want a retard to ruin ur whole work, but u can select more people, we're not russians to have 200 million people playing dota, but out of 3-4 k i'm sure u can find up to 50-100 people. However they might want to avoid that 'cause they're bots can't match the number of games required, so we might expect that when they have the resources necessary to expand the community

Offline [Shady] Polska

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2011, 18:04 »
Stay On topic please or dnt bother posting.

On Topic
Pd.eu = 2-10/15/20 admins
pd.eu bots can sustain: 500 games / 80 looby
let's say 50 people join 50 dota games = 500 people just one dota session.
users = more than 2-3 k i suppose.
pd.eu + eurobattle/fawkz... = best free gaming war3 platform.

Pd.eu public relations = HORRIBLE

A professional institute (or one that truly respects the users that KEEP IT WORKING) meets the demands of the users, or at least tries.

These are things I noticed, and suppose are at least partly true.

A ban/unban admin has to meet 100 requests a week, there are about 2-3 that do this. So 300 requests per week. If we suppose in 24 h, there are 1000 games, and from that many games 25% of the people drop. So 250 games/300 is ok. The problem is, in a week 1750, but from those, let's say 50% go on pd.eu.
so 875. So about 35-40% of the requests are seen, and about 20-25% are solved(mh takes a long time, etc.)

I honestly don't agree with this system, i find it flawed and you can never earn someone's respect if you continue this way(not mine at least).

Note: until you get banned and post a unban request that has been bumped every now and then and ignored, pd.eu is ok.

ex here: http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php/topic,56819.0.html (posted 2nd of april, ban expired 4th april)

Note: This is just feedback, i didn't say this as a rage or "ya, f** this, i'm going to garena", probably most of it will be ignored, i'm ok with that.

My point of view is that a flawed system will never last too long, and it would be a shame.

To answer your comments the issue is that one it is a free job which has been stated here before, which means you cant expect to much out of mods.

The second main issue you see nothing truly being done and why you feel that customer support is horrible is due to the fact that this community lacks "customers" I do not know where people get this idea that we are given this server for free and share with all. This is actually a private server that Fawkz pays for,and that he shares with all of us. It costs 200+ euro a month to run Pd and fawkz with as little as 10euro of donations a month. There are no kickbacks from this bot and to be honest everyone acts like they deserve something here. We have also grown very rapidly in the last few months and we are trying new ways to make it more self sufficient.

Offline BeansPowered

• Advanced Member
  • Be free to join another community! HI Dotalicious!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2011, 18:20 »
It costs 200+ euro a month to run Pd and fawkz with as little as 10euro of donations a month.

maybe dont permaban contributors, things would be easier  ::)

Offline [Shady] Polska

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2011, 18:24 »
It costs 200+ euro a month to run Pd and fawkz with as little as 10euro of donations a month.

maybe dont permaban contributors, things would be easier  ::)

I know what you mean by this. But you don't send money to the police department as a donation and believe you can do 100x the speed limit and not be fined do you? I don't know how it works in other countries but here in America we def don't.

A contribution should be givin with the knowledge of that there is no kickbacks. I know what you mean but people shouldnt feel like they are above others because they donated. Do you get what I mean?

Offline BeansPowered

• Advanced Member
  • Be free to join another community! HI Dotalicious!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 11:25 »
I get what you mean. And I also think you tolerate a lot of things around there, and from the staff's point of view it's not the same story at all when you're in some admin's buddy list.   ;)
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 11:26 by BeansPowered »

Offline [maMa]dr4z4

• Advanced Member
  • Fear is big business!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 14:16 »
In Serbia you can do everything if you know the right people. Its funny thou that these all critics did it. Mods are now doing their job. It just needed 4-5 threads about same problem for them to realize it, np.  :)
Soon I discovered that this rock thing was true
Jerry lee lewis was the devil
Jesus was an architect previous to his career as a prophet
All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world
so there was only one thing that I could do
was ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long

Offline tightrope

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2011, 12:34 »
This is actually a private server that Fawkz pays for,and that he shares with all of us. It costs 200+ euro a month to run Pd and fawkz with as little as 10euro of donations a month.

Yes, you make a good point, however i don't quite believe that Fawkz pays over 200 euro a month. I think fawkz has some profit beside the 200 euro they make OR they're sponsored. I can't imagine Fawkz being run by some nice guy that just gives away some of his hard money, even so, 200 euro isn't that much, fawkz could consist of 20 guys that each pay 10 euro. That doesn't matter, you make it sound so dramatic, but it's not.

My point was that pd.eu should recruit more people as admins, that's the solution to all the problems, in my humble opinion.

Offline Rocka

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • bewar doge
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 2nd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Legion TD Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Castle Fight Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 12:38 »
well not neccessarily admins, just some new people who can do jobs like helping at forums and solving requests
I see trees of wow
such roses too
wow very amaze
for doge and you

20:24    THELOVEBELOW    [All]    everytime you kill es you save a unicorn
20:30    jeandarc    [Allies]    an*
20:33    jeandarc    [Allies]    learn english

Offline Geistesblitz

• Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 14:08 »
Stay on topic, I'd prefer spend my time tending to complaints submitted than having to delete your spam in every other topic.

Also if you have a complaint about a specific moderator you should address it directly to me via PM.

Offline [maMa]dr4z4

• Advanced Member
  • Fear is big business!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 15:26 »
Why is public speaking not ok, I just want to show whats slowling down pd.eu growning. Why hide it? I want everyone to see it. Its just my oppinion, you dont need to like it. I may be wrong but thats my impression. There are other guys to warn me if im on a wrong way, like krstitelj dzony. :)
Soon I discovered that this rock thing was true
Jerry lee lewis was the devil
Jesus was an architect previous to his career as a prophet
All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world
so there was only one thing that I could do
was ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long

Offline LecitinTT

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 16:22 »
well since we have ladder system, you can always substract huge amount of pts for leaving, banning is too much imo.