3 (60%)
No, not everything is true.
0 (0%)
No, I already know this things.
1 (20%)
I didn't read it.
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Author Topic: Anti Mage - Magina  (Read 6182 times)

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Anti Mage - Magina
« on: May 06, 2010, 21:00 »
As discussed in this topic, I think guides by the players can be created.
So I will start posting topics like this one. Every week I will post a new topic with a new hero. Every member can suggest item build, skill build, gameplay... (and other). I will edit the first post with the best suggestions.
The first hero will be Magina.

Anti Mage - Magina

Stats
At level 1At level 25Gain per level
Strength2048.81.2
Agility2289.22.8
Intelligence1558.21.8
Damage49 - 53116 - 120
Armor3.112
LocationAgility Sentinel
Morning Tavern
Movespeed320
Attack range100 - melee
Sight Range1800 / 800
Hero introduction
Magina wasn't nicknamed the Anti-Mage for no reason. His passive Mana Break attack allows him to deal extra damage and cripple a caster's mana supply. With a great understanding of the spiritual realm, he becomes more resilient against magical attacks using his Spell Shield, along with the ability to Blink across short distances for superb maneuverability. Seeking out weary casters, he uses Mana Void to inflict immense damage for high amounts of missing mana. Although he will be at a natural disadvantage to casters early on, as his powers grow, there is none better suited for bringing the greatest of spell casters down to their knees.
Background Story
Twin sons to the great Prophet, Terrorblade and Magina were blessed with divine powers: Terrorblade granted with an unnatural affinity with life forces; Magina gifted with energy manipulation. Magina's eventual overexposure to the magics gradually augmented his elemental resistances and bestowed him the unique ability to move faster than light itself. Now, broken by Terrorblade's fall to the dark side, Magina answers the Sentinel's call in a desperate bid to redeem his brother. Every bitter strike turns the Scourge's evil essences upon themselves, culminating in a finale that forces his enemy to awaken to the void within and spontaneously implode.

Skills
Mana Break
Type: Passive
Each attack burns mana based on skill level.
LevelMana burnt per attack
This skil works on units with mana. This skill doesn't work on magic immune units. This skill is an orb effect. Each mana point burned will deal 0.6 normal damage to the target.
Blink
Type: Active
Short distance teleportation that allows one to move in and out of combat.
Mana Cost: 60
LevelCooldownMaximum Range
This skill has a global cast range. If you target a point over the maximum range, you will be teleported 4/5 of the maximum range.
Spell Shield
Type: Passive
Magina learns to protect himself with an anti-magic shield. Increases his resistance to magic damage.
LevelMagic damage reduction
110%
220%
330%
440%
Mana Void
Type: Active
Creates a powerful void in an enemy unit caused by a lack of mana. For each mana point missing, the unit takes damage.
Cooldown: 70
Casting range: 600
LevelMana CostStun DurationDamage for each mana point missing
All units in 325 range of the targeted unit will take the same damage, but will not be stunned. Deals magical damage.

When to...
When to pick Magina
Nothing written, yet!
When to repick Magina
Nothing written, yet!
When to ban Magina
Nothing written, yet!

Skills build
Nothing written, yet!
Item build
You should start with a defensive item - Vanguard .
While building Vanguard, you should buy boots - Power Treads (Strength) .
Mana Break deals normal damage, so you can lifesteal the HP you take with it with an aura (a lifesteal orb will not stack with Mana Break) - Vladmir's Offering .
Next you have to decide what you want:
Yasha - Gives you movespeed and can be used for Manta Style .
Cranium Basher - This is your main item.
The Butterfly - Increasing your power of a carry hero.
Ethereal Blade - Buy this only if you use Mana Void frequently.
Assault Cuirass - Gives you attack speed and armor.

Gameplay (5 vs 5)
From level 1 to level 5
Nothing written, yet!
From level 6 to level 10
Nothing written, yet!
From level 11 to level5
Nothing written, yet!
From level 16 to level 25
Nothing written, yet!

Cgangelog:
2010-05-06: The first post.
2010-05-06: Added formating.
2010-05-11: Added an item build.
2010-05-14: Released.

Some pictures are from the Official DotA Website.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 20:01 by ek0 »

Offline AgressiveNewbie

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Anti Mage - Magina
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 21:24 »
Due to lack of hit points early game i suggest vanguard.
With magina you blink toward enemy to burn their mana , sometimes forcing creeps to attack you.
Then finish power treads and vladimir.
Next item depends on situation. It can be attack speed -> Butterfly and then basher.
Optional is 1st yasha-> then Manta -> then Basher -> then butterfly.

Definetely core items cannot be Battlefury, Monkey King Bar , or Cuirass

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Guess who's back :D
    • View Profile
    • When injustice becomes a LAW, resistance becomes a duty
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 21:28 »
Offcourse you dont have to be so smart to know that this is the nice items for magina!

+30 damage
+6 Strength
Bash (passive)

+300 HP
+6 HP/sec regeneration
Damage Block (passive)

p.s. ek0 mybe this thread will be the same thread like this one?
« Last Edit: May 06, 2010, 21:35 by mrNiceguy »
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Offline X-PLODE

• Pro Member
  • Jimmy Eat World!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Unfinished :: Anti Mage - Magina
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 15:01 »
all u need is bf and ghost stick, optional are dagger and crystalis.

i stopped buying vanguard when they updated it.

like the time i owned this clan by buying 4 bf on weaver, they died in 2 or 3 hits.

Offline Shade

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 21:14 »

not the same  , there are ideeas , i was talking about a guide , a full guide like eko is starting .. how to use skills , items , a short introduction of the hero and his spells.  nice start   :)

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 21:17 »

not the same  , there are ideeas , i was talking about a guide , a full guide like eko is starting .. how to use skills , items , a short introduction of the hero and his spells.  nice start   :)
As said in the first part of my post, this guide will be made by pd users.
As discussed in this topic, I think guides by the players can be created.
So I will start posting topics like this one. Every week I will post a new topic with a new hero. Every member can suggest item build, skill build, gameplay... (and other). I will edit the first post with the best suggestions.

Offline FatalityMk

• Be Quick, Time Is Mana...
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 03:14 »
just power treads (on strength ) vanguard, vlad (always) and a couple of bracers or bands should do the trick for at least 20 minutes....but note that u should always go last in battle, from behind to catch the range, maybe inteligence heros off guard to burn mana....

Offline Roronoa^^Zoro

• Revenge is like the sweetest joy next to getting..
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2010, 16:46 »
Why not MKB? It gives you great DPS and IMO it is much better than basher, because with basher U need more hits to kill opponent which prolongs killing. And not to mention it is very useful if U have opponents such as Riki (no misses during smoke). Just my thinking, U dont´t have to agree. ^^
« Last Edit: May 08, 2010, 16:48 by Roronoa^^Zoro »

Offline FatalityMk

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2010, 17:13 »
yeah i agree although i dont know what DPS and IMO means :D lol but nvm
it is better then basher 100% but it is almost 2000gold more expensive then bash and it gives slight attack speed advantage over bash...

Offline KillMasterCZ

• Well, why not?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 21:23 »
I think vanguard and vladimir are the must have items. Also basher in the late, than some butterflies...

Offline FatalityMk

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 18:05 »
I think vanguard and vladimir are the must have items. Also basher in the late, than some butterflies...
well everyone goes for bash, but look at oposing teams heroes first before choosing bash, you just might need avatar more then u need bash...everything revolves around certain situations before u can make ur item build..

Offline [Shady] Polska

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 18:16 »
well everyone goes for bash, but look at oposing teams heroes first before choosing bash, you just might need avatar more then u need bash...everything revolves around certain situations before u can make ur item build..

Def agree with that, but i usually go for basher last, because most the time you attack to slow when you have bash so when they are stunned you still need to run after him. With butterfly you get everything you need in 1 item. Most the time people rarely attack you they just run, so so van vlad butter basher mkb and hyperstone armour ( w.e its called again)

Offline hotbarbecue

• Advanced Member
  • ♫ Cucurucucuuuu ♪♫
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2010, 02:42 »
Why vlad so early? Lifesteal is useful when you already have some damage...
You can farm woods with vanguard, and farm/push lanes at ease with blink...

I think yasha=>manta is more important to empty someone's mana fast, which is Magina's first task. After that, butter/buriza for DPS, and linken/heart/bkb if getting disabled too much.

In a turtling strat, battlefury is good to farm woods like mad, if you can get it fast... and if you have some Magnus or Enigma with you especially.

If you need bashing lifestealing pwnzor machine, pick Slardar or Void, not Magina.

BTW Magina sux ballz since you cant fakeblink anymore :-(

Offline FatalityMk

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2010, 10:34 »
dude u got it all wrong...vlad is the PERFECT item for magina, it does not give u just lifesteal, it gives u mana regen, hp regen for early game, slight damage increase...i have often found myself in situations without mana for blink and that 50% mana regen is proven to be useful..i often buy preservance orb cuz i really need some more mana regen...
p.s. i have to add some cookie items here, although i rarely try it... u can also buy dagon for magina, it is very usefull to finish off some heroes that u think might get away, like sylla, who has increased movespeed, u often need those kind of items more then u need bash/mkb...think about it, it is not just about the damage u do with ur attack but it is more about the total damage u can make...

try it, you just might like it :)

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2010, 13:11 »
dude u got it all wrong...vlad is the PERFECT item for magina, it does not give u just lifesteal, it gives u mana regen, hp regen for early game, slight damage increase...i have often found myself in situations without mana for blink and that 50% mana regen is proven to be useful..i often buy preservance orb cuz i really need some more mana regen...
p.s. i have to add some cookie items here, although i rarely try it... u can also buy dagon for magina, it is very usefull to finish off some heroes that u think might get away, like sylla, who has increased movespeed, u often need those kind of items more then u need bash/mkb...think about it, it is not just about the damage u do with ur attack but it is more about the total damage u can make...

try it, you just might like it :)
Vlad gives +80% mana regen, not 50%.
About Dagon, I will add it to the item build if there is someone to prove this is useful.