Author Topic: Same IP roommate problem  (Read 2357 times)

Offline ZuZu182

• Newbie Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Same IP roommate problem
« on: January 17, 2011, 02:13 »
Hi, I’m rather new here and would like for your help concerning a problem I’m having while hosting games with the playdota.eu bot. I wanted to play some DotA with my roommates so that we could fight together like a team but the bot won’t let them join my created game (be it private or public) because of the "same IP" problem.

I’m playing on the eurobattle.net server and other than this problem, the bot works perfectly. I can host games no problem. I’ve read both this forum and the eurobattle.net forum but haven’t been able to find a solution  :( I gather that either playdota.eu or eurobattle.net block same IP players from joining... If so, then why is that?

We’ve tried some IP hiding software and playing around with port forwarding but no success. I guess the problem is that we are behind a router that gives us both the same external IP (right? I’m no IT expert...) but does anyone know how to address this issue? Thanks for any help and feel free to ask additional questions  ;)

Offline pyroftw1234

• Pro Member
  • -.-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Same IP roommate problem
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 02:23 »
had same problem... but we managed to join 1 out of 10 times.. try options > gameplay and change port so its different from ya roomm8... still im not sure if it works...

Offline dRagoLjuB

• dRagoLjuB
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Nowhere and Everywhere
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 02:23 »
mby some1 of u is banned
try !checkban ( <name> )

Offline pyroftw1234

• Pro Member
  • -.-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 02:31 »
offtopic: dragoljub plx sauce on pic

Offline vaikiss

• MonsterKill Member
  • Imbalanced Gaming 4 Life
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Troll Madness Winner [UNIQUE] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • QuakeLive-Best Fps EVAH!
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 02:36 »
yeah ports could be problem defoult is 6112 set like 6113 or any number 611X x=1-9

God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Offline ZuZu182

• Newbie Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 02:45 »
Thanks for the quick replies. Unfortunately, we’ve tried all of the mentioned things... ports, ban checks  :( Is this a problem of the bot or the server?

Offline vaikiss

• MonsterKill Member
  • Imbalanced Gaming 4 Life
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Troll Madness Winner [UNIQUE] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • QuakeLive-Best Fps EVAH!
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 04:02 »
most likely bot then  couse i used to play with 2 comps at same time (pro micro :D )

God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Offline MyUberNick

• Founder
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 11:14 »
We are not blocking people with same IP from joining the same lobby.
We are not doing IP banning on the bots.

If they are on the same local area network as you are, and you are able to join the game, they should be able to join the game as well.

Have you checked are their accounts banned on the bot? (type /w playdota.eu !checkban playerName)

Offline ZuZu182

• Newbie Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 12:10 »
Thanks for the new replies. I checked the bans yet again, but still nothing... They’re not banned and still whenever they join the same game, the "same IP" message shows and they get autokicked... So if it’s not the bot, is it the server? Would it make any difference if I tried Fawkz (never tried it before...)? Or is there some bot command that can make the bot ignore IPs?

Offline [XOR]Blade

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 12:17 »
do your friends have newest map?  ;)

Offline notsure.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 12:33 »
im playing with roommates for half a year or so and never had 1 problem . make sure u have the newest map downloaded. also check backround programs like w3banlist or others... 

Offline ZuZu182

• Newbie Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 12:37 »
But if it was a problem with the maps, wouldn’t the bot write that? It never says anything besides the IP stuff... Or does the bot not support players downloading the maps from the lobby?

Offline Boramir

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • hmm?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 12:46 »
Maybe you should try setting loopback adapter. Dont know if it helps, but worth a shot.
Quote from: vluggejappie
omg noob bora owned us:S
[p]
i heard from several people that boramir sucks at dota and in rage he always is PLUGGER

Offline [XOR]Blade

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 13:00 »
But if it was a problem with the maps, wouldn’t the bot write that? It never says anything besides the IP stuff... Or does the bot not support players downloading the maps from the lobby?

downloading maps is disabled or maybe not even implemented but I doubt that :)

Offline notsure.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 14:20 »

downloading maps is disabled or maybe not even implemented but I doubt that :)
for dota games is disabled. it autokicks you! for other maps it enabled . so if it autokicks you then check your latest map version.