Author Topic: 'SWITCH' question - Please Comment  (Read 5886 times)

Offline ukn.maddoc

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
'SWITCH' question - Please Comment
« on: January 12, 2011, 13:17 »
Hello all,
I would like to ask a question and also raise a problem within switching.

The playdota INGAME Rules say that;
- If number of players in the opposing team is greater than 3 players and the game mode includes -so (-switchon) you are free to leave the game without ban;

*Does this mean than it is 4 players (greater than 3 is 4) or is it greater and equal 3 (meaning 3 players also)? If it is 4; it means you're 1v5 which does not make sense at all. Even if the rule is 3 players; it means 1v4 or 2v5 which again still does not make sense. Who would want to play 2v5 or 1v4?

DON'T YOU THINK THERE HAS TO BE A RULE FOR SWITCHING?

Look at the example: http://stats.playdota.eu/?p=gameinfo&gid=1135486
The host denied to switch even after 1 more guy left and it was 4v2. (we were dominating the game even 4v3). The host was afraid (because I got an ultrakill just before) and told me that Noone is forced to switch and I should stop playing so they will win eventually. We lost the game 2v4 ofcourse. You find this fair?

Another RULE:
- If number of players in the opposing team is greater then 2 players and the game mode does not include -so (-switchon) you are free to leave the game without ban;
* Same comment here,  Even if there is an option of switching, ofcourse noone would want to switch to a looser team) Dont you think the game has to be fair?

I believe there has to be a SWITCH RULE that can make the game fair enough for everybody. No matter what if there are 2 leavers in one side, the other team should roll and switch the last leaver.

PLEASE COMMENT...
« Last Edit: January 12, 2011, 13:21 by ukn.maddoc »

Offline vaikiss

• MonsterKill Member
  • Imbalanced Gaming 4 Life
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Troll Madness Winner [UNIQUE] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • QuakeLive-Best Fps EVAH!
    • Awards
Re: 'SWITCH' question - Please Comment
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 19:54 »
hello dear noob   id like to share my uber pro wisdom with u

NEVER EVER HOSTED GAME WITH -SO  got no complains about it

true story

God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Offline dRagoLjuB

• dRagoLjuB
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Nowhere and Everywhere
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 20:10 »
gugugaga :))
they r working on new rules >.<^1

Offline ukn.maddoc

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 12:16 »
hello dear noob   id like to share my uber pro wisdom with u

NEVER EVER HOSTED GAME WITH -SO  got no complains about it

true story

Hello My dear NOOB friend, I have experienced it in many games. It is your problem if you havent :))
Rules are rules and first do some thinking before posting! I would rather not need dummy comments like yours.
If there is no -so and you are 2v5 you continue to play! I wont!
Thanks to PD.eu for putting a switch RULE..

for your information: @my own bot, I have over 600 games played with over 90% win. Would love to make a clan match with your noob team! :) :)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 12:22 by ukn.maddoc »

Offline Facial^Ownage

• aka Lurtz^
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 12:19 »
yeah indeed -so should be off, noone use it, even when i host a game there are always 1-2 dc\pluggers, and i won't sw, just finish goddam game :S

Offline Roronoa^^Zoro

• Revenge is like the sweetest joy next to getting..
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 12:23 »
U mean u don't wanna switch, but pwn nubz till the 3nd?

Offline Facial^Ownage

• aka Lurtz^
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 12:27 »
mostly spend time in woods and waitin my teammates to finish

Offline ukn.maddoc

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2011, 12:42 »
mostly spend time in woods and waitin my teammates to finish

And apperantly there is no way other than waiting in base and waiting them finish the game.
I believe there has to be a more fair Switch Rule..!

Offline Facial^Ownage

• aka Lurtz^
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 12:46 »
btw i forgott to say i often play with my mates, and then noone wan't to sw, and scourge is whining all the game, pausing the game etc. even got banned because i votekicked the guy that didn't want to sw, and we were 4 in lan

Offline Rocka

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • bewar doge
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 2nd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Legion TD Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Castle Fight Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2011, 13:32 »
You can't get banned from votekick?
I see trees of wow
such roses too
wow very amaze
for doge and you

20:24    THELOVEBELOW    [All]    everytime you kill es you save a unicorn
20:30    jeandarc    [Allies]    an*
20:33    jeandarc    [Allies]    learn english

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2011, 14:13 »
Host chosses mode of the game ,so you can chosse either you want to play or not.
Also host can balance the game and he has right to cancel the switch if he thinks so (that is why he is host)

So here is the deal

I did not get whole situation here but it is probably because of unbalanced game.
Big problem is -so mode is not perfected but it is only choise icefrog had to solve leaving problem.

So if you owned 3v4 and than you are 2v4 and you are imba fed (you even get more money from leavers) 3v3 would not balance the game because if you own them (they have 4 players) they would not stand the chance 3v3 because you will get extra hero plus you had extra cash when it was 3v4 (lower number of players - more gold) and they would get maybe around 300,400 each which is nothing.

So you will have to dal with it.

None cant force sw also you cant get banned by votekick even it would ruin the game (i was threatened by one mod if i vote i will get banned non-sence but ok)

Offline ukn.maddoc

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 15:31 »
So if you owned 3v4 and than you are 2v4 and you are imba fed (you even get more money from leavers) 3v3 would not balance the game because if you own them (they have 4 players) they would not stand the chance 3v3 because you will get extra hero plus you had extra cash when it was 3v4 (lower number of players - more gold) and they would get maybe around 300,400 each which is nothing.

So you will have to dal with it.

I very much understand the unbalanced situation here, however even with extra money, do you think you stand a chance 2v4? honestly.
Or do you agree with the rule causing 2v5 (-so on) or 1v4 (-so off)?

Would you suggest a rule? more balanced maybe?

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 18:39 »
I won 2 v5 game once..everything is possible

Offline Sauzer

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 17:28 »

Yep, the 2 rules r written badly (about numbers of ppl).

If u put a role that force to switch no one will create games -so anymore because will be too dangerous play with it. U risk to be forced to switch by rules but the game,as u know, can be rly unbalanced.

-so command has to be used with brain and will be useful.

To solve situation like your game (i lost a lot of game 5v3 and so on.) the only way is dont give them stats.
Why they dont want to sw? Couse they risk to lose and have bad stats so they have an unfair behavious refusing to sw.

The rule says "...you r free to leave..." in a deep interpretation u will be rly free if the game will not be counted (just my point of view).

! PSR = Pointless System Rating

Offline Domagoj

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011, 17:54 »
Hmm, maddoc, i believe that you are allowed to leave a game if your team has 2 players less than the opposite team if the opposite team refuses to switch. If you get banned by any chance (and lets face it, a lot of idiots who call themselves hosts will do that) you can write an unban req for yourself + a ban req for the bad host. It will take some time to resolve, but theres nothing you can do about that.
Anyways, i also think that if the host is already hosting a -so game, then switch should be a must, unless all the players think differently, but then again there would be lots of discussion as to the problem of who is switching etc., which could possibly be resolved by introducing the forced roll rule or sth like that.