Author Topic: bann rules  (Read 3812 times)

Offline El_Vanja

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: bann rules
« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2010, 16:38 »
Yes, but people on their own bots aren't so obsessed with stats, so it's more pleasant to play there.

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2010, 17:56 »
YE. And game 5/5 lasts 10mins to first blood and couple of frags.
I'd played a lot on priv bots, and if you dont have 10 dedicaded players, better dont start the game. 90% of time game ends after 20mins 4/3 or 3/2.

Just too much disapointment in that.

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Guess who's back :D
    • View Profile
    • When injustice becomes a LAW, resistance becomes a duty
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2010, 00:12 »
YE. And game 5/5 lasts 10mins to first blood and couple of frags.
I'd played a lot on priv bots, and if you dont have 10 dedicaded players, better dont start the game. 90% of time game ends after 20mins 4/3 or 3/2.

Just too much disapointment in that.

Same thing played 2 or 3 times all the time same situation, leavers!!
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Offline El_Vanja

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2010, 20:19 »
Like that never happens here...

That's exactly what I'm talking about, dedicated players. People simply get their own bot, customize it in what ever possible way they want and play games only with people they know. I've heard comments from a lot of people that stats ruined the gameplay, and I must agree on that one.

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2010, 20:56 »
Like that never happens here...

Here they got ban,there they dont!

People simply get their own bot, customize it in what ever possible way they want and play games only with people they know.

And if they get owned they just !end the game, and here host can not do that!

I've heard comments from a lot of people that stats ruined the gameplay, and I must agree on that one.

Only from ppl who does not know how to improve it and then they want to delete it!

Not agree with you!
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Offline El_Vanja

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2010, 03:15 »
Here they got ban,there they dont!
Untrue. Any decent host has a wide banlist. Including IP bans, so no new account can help.

And if they get owned they just !end the game, and here host can not do that!
I agree that there are infantile, selfish, dumb hosts out there with their own bots, but we're discussing good players here and I've almost never experienced that kind of behaviour with them. Any decent host will just ask for a fast finish if the game is total ownage.

Only from ppl who does not know how to improve it and then they want to delete it!
From what I can make out of your statement there... you're trying to say only people with bad scores complain about it? No. A lot of good players have spoken against it, and it's because they feel the same as I do - people became obsessed with their stats and started playing more selfishly. I feel there are more and more players looking after their score rather than looking after the team's benefit.

And for the end, please, don't understand this as a personal attack on playdota.eu. I'm just making a few points. This server has it's advantages, but also brings out new problems...

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2010, 11:46 »
I will not reply to this, not because u offend me with something, it is because I have no will to write anymore to this discussion.

I will only reply to the first and second quote:
First:
I was speaking about odl games!
Second:
There is 1% of hosts who do that with their own bot, so you are not right there!

And that is all what will I say, there is lot of other stuff I could say, but I am tired of explaining again and again some stuff!

I would rather go to play to only bot here that does not have lag = playdota.eu bot!

Regards!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 11:48 by mrNiceguy »

Offline cerafil

• the one that went to get some beer
    • View Profile
    • Crazy Insultz and Nasty Shit
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2010, 16:00 »
I hate the fact that I have to endure the longest inbalanced games while I always host with forced switches if I see that 1 team is owning to hard. (I only host noobgames, so that does make sense I think)
I think if playdota would make a pro and a noob bot hosting thingy then allot of these "grey rule area's" would be more easy to aply without any discussion needed. They could just have 2 different set of rules.

In the end I play dota because I like it and I wish to learn this by playing people arround my skill level.
Couldn't Playdota install a form of Levelblocking?[commandable] Some stats are just so easy to put boundaries on. Still pro's could mess up noobgames, but they would have to make a new name and wouldn;t be able to have a pro account "legally". Even better noobs could never fuck up pro games anymore.

exambles that I think would improve the bot
if it... "host decides the number" (examble)
*could deny a player with more then "x"(250) games to enter your game
*could deny a player with "x"(150%) K/A
*could deny a player with "x" (10) plugs/disconnects/leaves

Thats my input for the day x.X

Offline [Shady] Polska

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2010, 20:02 »
I hate the fact that I have to endure the longest inbalanced games while I always host with forced switches if I see that 1 team is owning to hard. (I only host noobgames, so that does make sense I think)
I think if playdota would make a pro and a noob bot hosting thingy then allot of these "grey rule area's" would be more easy to aply without any discussion needed. They could just have 2 different set of rules.

In the end I play dota because I like it and I wish to learn this by playing people arround my skill level.
Couldn't Playdota install a form of Levelblocking?[commandable] Some stats are just so easy to put boundaries on. Still pro's could mess up noobgames, but they would have to make a new name and wouldn;t be able to have a pro account "legally". Even better noobs could never fuck up pro games anymore.

exambles that I think would improve the bot
if it... "host decides the number" (examble)
*could deny a player with more then "x"(250) games to enter your game
*could deny a player with "x"(150%) K/A
*could deny a player with "x" (10) plugs/disconnects/leaves

Thats my input for the day x.X

Whats the point in this??

Yea it sounds like a good idea on paper, but think about the effects.
Good Players vs Good Players someone is bound to lose.
And most expert players are greedy, and wont finish so they can get more kills= other team stats go down
So now on your basis of ideas this actual good player can only play noob games where he/she go 35 and 1 with gondar. It doesnt make sense, you can't fix a issue that is almost unfixable. Rarely in games I play in people leave and "ruin" the game. Usually the leaver is the worst one so now we have a chance. Problem is people don't play dota the way they use to. People don't use there heros abilites to there advantage. They use them to kill. Exp Zeus ulti most of the time people use it to kill, well i use it to find everyone on the map so I know if i am getting ganked or i can push alittle more.  Also alot of people chase to get one kill, cause they need that 1 kill, no now you have time to push, while the other is healing. Problem is people make  PROS ONLY games, and then the host checks his team not the others. Or they play with all friends and can talk with one another. My games are sp, and I dont have these issues. Also I let anyone come in, this endes up being a good game and usually no leavers.

Problem is that people want to just keep kicking and banning people because of there stats or because they loose. 2 people leave its a 4v4 now thts playable, 1 person leaves someone else can leave for balance. But no everyone here wants to immediately give up. And ban the host for 3 weeks because he wont rmk, and ban the leaver for not reading gn or being a noob.  Bans like that are crazy week bans 15 days, for stat abuse?? come on, It is not hard to buy tree and go into forest let the idiots try to kill you, they will just end up killing themselves. The more rules the more problems and the more people get fed up.

Just deal with it, PD.eu have the best bots on eurobattle. No lag issues for almost everyone. I live in Jersey now and I usually load first and stay around 40 ping, people from spain and portugal dont lag, polish russians, no one really lags.  But everyone acts like the mods suck and the bot sucks, so why do you continue playing here. Why do you make a new account everytime you get banned. The mods here are actually really understanding and know when to ban and not to ban.  You know these games arnt 5 min long, some last 70 80 min. Can you predict the future, you know whats going to happen to u in a hour. Some pople have to leave for a reason, some loose connection, n then you got pluggers who probably asked to leave wouldnt get banned, but rather plug so they do get banned.

Basically who cares, almost all who cry about these Stat problems is because there the ones who stack the teams and loose. And cant keep a 1 kd ratio. You should Apperciate that we have a pub host that we can all use because without them there would be no stats, and able to play 15 games a day and only wait in lobby for 3 min. You all would join random hosts rooms where they control what goes on, and there is no stats for you to strive to achieve higher.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 20:14 by polska32 »

Offline cerafil

• the one that went to get some beer
    • View Profile
    • Crazy Insultz and Nasty Shit
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2010, 14:36 »
i do agree and if you cannot beat them then learn from them and join them.
The same thing happends all over the internet. Games never turn out how they were intended because the players do what they think is best for them.

I am a noob learning the game and one day Also I will know how to boost my stats without breaking the rules.