Author Topic: Regarding the efficiency of bans on pd.eu  (Read 2298 times)

Offline Peachwise

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Regarding the efficiency of bans on pd.eu
« on: December 09, 2010, 22:47 »
I think it's currently at 0% ...
Why?

You ban someone's account, he makes a new one in under 5 minutes
You ban someone's ip, he changes it? (net caffe being the most viable ban evasion tool, and for home version, resetting modem does the trick usually, almost noone has static ip address)

And tell me now, why am I now acting fair and keeping of pd.eu until my undeserved 3-day ban expires, when I know I can freely break it at any moment, make new account/ip if necessary and play how much I want, when I want, how I want. with absolutely no fear of getting caught, after copying friends list from old account? Lot of people even use dual accounts because they cba to post on forums to get unb& after getting a net dc...

You need a better system for pd.eu, or a sub-system for safe games...

/discuss
REMOVE TOTALLY_SCREWD, MOD POWER ABUSER AS A MODERATOR, PD.EU NEEDS NO SUCH PEOPLE.

Offline XenyStyle

• WickedSick Member
  • Waarsshhhgggg!!! khm...khm..khmm damn this cold
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Regarding the efficiency of bans on pd.eu
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 23:06 »
theres no better way...one day they will get bored of cr8ing new accs.and u cant say that this system is not good,since on gangrena u have tons of leavers,hackers

Offline ArizaelCZ

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2010, 10:58 »
Peach if you feel, that your ban is unfair, I can always re-open the case, where you started muting all players ingame, because your were upset, that you are loosing.

On topic:
If you create new account, you loose all your friendlist. Moreover you loose all your stats, so you won't be able to play any proper games (you ll get kicked out of pro games and only idiot plays game with host who has 0 games), so you ll be forced to play the noob ones for some times. Efficiency of this will increase much more when the new system comes out.

More important, there are nolifers amongst us, who enjoy nothing more than tracking down ban-evading people. I think the fight Mizige vs dudicc is well-known enough.
Quote from: ArmyMaN^E^
in that game no mh man becaus all games in start i type -ah

Offline Peachwise

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2010, 11:20 »
theres no better way...one day they will get bored of cr8ing new accs.and u cant say that this system is not good,since on gangrena u have tons of leavers,hackers
yes there is. i have played in them and i have personally kept one dota channel for few months

On topic:
If you create new account, you loose all your friendlist. Moreover you loose all your stats, so you won't be able to play any proper games (you ll get kicked out of pro games and only idiot plays game with host who has 0 games), so you ll be forced to play the noob ones for some times. Efficiency of this will increase much more when the new system comes out.

More important, there are nolifers amongst us, who enjoy nothing more than tracking down ban-evading people. I think the fight Mizige vs dudicc is well-known enough.

sure, for example anyone can keep their friendslist of people who play often on piece of paper and macroadd it in few min.
stats are for statswhores... for another example, i have personally had 8/3 K/D rating and 3/8 K/D rating. I do not give a fuck about winning or losing, i just care about playing with guys i enjoy playing with.

I am also a nolifer about tracking ban evaders on a forum i own (my country's official game forum for a stupid game i earn money from) ...

i'll try to search that case lol
REMOVE TOTALLY_SCREWD, MOD POWER ABUSER AS A MODERATOR, PD.EU NEEDS NO SUCH PEOPLE.

Offline XenyStyle

• WickedSick Member
  • Waarsshhhgggg!!! khm...khm..khmm damn this cold
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2010, 11:27 »
ye,maybe u can track ip down or w/e to prevent them of evading bans but i think its a lot of work and pd got lot of players...

Offline Astrinos

• Retired Moderator
  • Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2010, 11:55 »
Pd admins are under the discussion of more fair measures against cheaters and banned players.

We are a new community, please be patient, I believe in a few months we will be able to have a more fair system.

We do, however, need the support from all of you. Donation is a nice way to start :-)

I need a girl whose name doesn't end in .JPG

Offline vaikiss

• MonsterKill Member
  • Imbalanced Gaming 4 Life
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Troll Madness Winner [UNIQUE] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • QuakeLive-Best Fps EVAH!
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2010, 12:18 »
yes after 2 years  this is still new community..

God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Offline vluggejappie

• Pro Member
  • GODLİKE
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2010, 12:28 »
Donation is a nice way to start :-)

=)

Lols.

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2010, 12:31 »
For now you can see who is breaking the rules by sd-ing them, most of leavers have low games stats, this way we can get to know each other, and you can simply kick them.Often I ask: Why you got a new account?And you can only imagine the answers I get.I can say in my experience on PD there are very few ppl that have only one account.

Leaving a game when you get owned or simply think you gonna lose, is a common thing for offline single player games, and we all had that habit of restarting lvl or starting all over again.Leavers need to be treated as a disease.

If you are to play online you have to understand that you are playing with your own and 9 more ppls time so I think it is time to make new habits, and PD is doing it quite nicely if you ask me.

P.S. This is why I don't understand allowing manual reset of stats in new system that is coming out "soon".

Offline SwenCro

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2010, 13:55 »
We´ll see what will happen when Dota2 comes out...maybe there ll be some new ban system

Offline Rocka

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • bewar doge
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 2nd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Legion TD Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Castle Fight Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 14:43 »
Peachwise noone asked you to come paly on PD.eu. If you do not like it there are enough others places to play ::)
I see trees of wow
such roses too
wow very amaze
for doge and you

20:24    THELOVEBELOW    [All]    everytime you kill es you save a unicorn
20:30    jeandarc    [Allies]    an*
20:33    jeandarc    [Allies]    learn english

Offline Peachwise

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 14:55 »
Pd.Eu is fine as long as a new system for control comes soon and some mods/admins stop abusing powers and start listening to the arguments presented to them.

!Sd is a nice command, but i personally had a pro game where guy with average 8/3/X KDA fed and left. So it's basically just reducing the chance of a failed game, which is ok for starters....

I sometimes encounter statwhoring (when the team with obvious advantage refuses to balance the game with !Kick or end with !Rmk) ... Pd.Eu rules kinda need to be fixed there and yes hosts need more power.

I would like to donate, but i also want to know what am i donating for

Offline Sauzer

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2010, 16:48 »

I sometimes encounter statwhoring (when the team with obvious advantage refuses to balance the game with !Kick or end with !Rmk) ... Pd.Eu rules kinda need to be fixed there and yes hosts need more power.

U r rly lucky, I always find statshunters, not sometimes!

I dont think that giving to hosts more power is a good idea, in democracy majority wins

On topic:
If you create new account... you loose all your stats, so you won't be able to play any proper games (you ll get kicked out of pro games and only idiot plays game with host who has 0 games), so you ll be forced to play the noob ones for some times. ...

This is the point
! PSR = Pointless System Rating

Offline Rocka

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • bewar doge
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 2nd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Legion TD Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Castle Fight Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2010, 22:00 »
Peachwise you can also keep kicking people that have played less than uhh 100 games or so. Those that have more will most likely not leave
I see trees of wow
such roses too
wow very amaze
for doge and you

20:24    THELOVEBELOW    [All]    everytime you kill es you save a unicorn
20:30    jeandarc    [Allies]    an*
20:33    jeandarc    [Allies]    learn english

Offline ksm

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2010, 22:20 »
Im agree with the author of post. I think it would be better a system where you only can play once per day or once per two days untill two months or so. If your behaivour is good enough you become in full member and you can host games and play all you want. This will make people care more abouts accounts because if he got banned he only will able to play once per day and cant create games.

I think all people toys with playdota's admins. I reported a guy for being an multiaccount and even he confirmed on chatlog of one game he was, and the same admin, who "review" and "was checking for now" the multiaccount request ban, attended an unban request of same guy an unbanned him.

P.D. Sorry for my english.