Author Topic: Hero builts  (Read 7162 times)

Offline Astrinos

• Retired Moderator
  • Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hero builts
« on: November 26, 2010, 15:34 »
Ok

I am openning this thread in order to hear the views of experienced DotA players.

I consider myself to be experienced and decent DotA player. From my experience I have realised that proposed hero builts do not always apply ingame. In fact, most games I play (and I am talking about games with good players) require the player to think outside of the box and create a built according to the game flow.

For example we all know that the "proposed" riki built is a good orb (like desolator or diffusal) and then make AS and agi. Well, I was in a game vs Lancer and brood, and I decided not to go for anything like that, but farm gem early, so by the time I get 6 I would be invi gem and neutralize those two irritating heroes. After that, and in order to keep gem, I made vanguard and linkens (for sustainability and survival). Needless to say we won by a big margin.

Similar examples occur all the time. I would really like to hear your opinions on this issue.

I need a girl whose name doesn't end in .JPG

Offline dRagoLjuB

• dRagoLjuB
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Nowhere and Everywhere
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Hero builts
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 16:00 »

Offline NEGERTIVS

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • podlac lukavi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 16:03 »
Diffusal would be an excellent item against broodmother (purge his ulti). On the other hand, you shouldnt have picked riki at all against these heroes (AoE anyone?) But it couldve been -ar I dunno.

Getting a gem on riki isnt bad at all, he can scout with it. But in any decent game with decent, non-retarded teammates they should get dust and/or sentries. Riki is a carry, let the support heroes worry about countering invis. Turning him into a mobile ward with vguard/linkens kind of wastes his late-game potential.

But yes, I agree skill and itembuilds are fluid.

Offline Domagoj

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 17:30 »
Of course items shoud depend on the setup of the teams. Following a single hero build that you found on the internet such as these

hero builds :

http://www.playdota.com/guides

is stupid in my opinion, and those guides are made for those instant "pros". So we have nagas going for manta even though the opposing team is full of AoE, snipers, traxes, vipers going for lothar vs slardar/gondar etc. To learn to play a hero, and find builds that suit you, you have to actually play the game, try things out and adapt, not read some stupid article...

Offline Astrinos

• Retired Moderator
  • Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 17:35 »
Diffusal would be an excellent item against broodmother (purge his ulti). On the other hand, you shouldnt have picked riki at all against these heroes (AoE anyone?) But it couldve been -ar I dunno.

Getting a gem on riki isnt bad at all, he can scout with it. But in any decent game with decent, non-retarded teammates they should get dust and/or sentries. Riki is a carry, let the support heroes worry about countering invis. Turning him into a mobile ward with vguard/linkens kind of wastes his late-game potential.

But yes, I agree skill and itembuilds are fluid.

I didnt pick riki, it was -ar :-)

Offline IceFrog

• Advanced Member
  • Warning! Pro joined game!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 21:23 »
Every dota experienced player knows that items should adept to enemies heroes/combos/etc. Don't build items because somebody wrote it. Use imagination and knowledge.   
Don't mess up with me >.<

Offline IceFrog

• Advanced Member
  • Warning! Pro joined game!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2010, 21:24 »
Every dota experienced player knows that items should adept to enemies heroes/combos/etc. Don't build items because somebody wrote it. Use imagination and knowledge.   
Don't mess up with me >.<

Offline [kosarkas]

• WickedSick Member
  • Ooohhh...You know I don't give a fuck!!!
  • Awards Submitted more than 15 useful myths [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2010, 11:33 »

I will quote u twice :D

hahah...
yesterday I played viper and I had a bad start...and I was dieing like shit, so i decided to make HoT and blade mail....they couldnt kill me later on! ;D  Good thing I had good teammates...and we won the game!

Offline Sai.InkBeast

• That could be a real trip man
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2010, 16:55 »
If u start bad just go and farm woods till u dont get best item for ur hero (ex. troll (Dominator), nevermore (Bkb), Phantom lancer( diffusal), mortred (splash) ) and so on x)

Eurobattle.net account: Lone_Druid

Dota League

Offline Domagoj

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2010, 18:38 »
If u start bad just go and farm woods till u dont get best item for ur hero (ex. troll (Dominator), nevermore (Bkb), Phantom lancer( diffusal), mortred (splash) ) and so on x)

Spoken like a true "I play only carries" noob. What if you have a hero that cannot farm??? And what the hell does this have to do with the topic?

Offline Teh_102

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2010, 18:50 »
yeah for example lets make blademail on weaver or skadi on venge   lol @ astrinos and his post   

+1 noob to pd mods  gg

Offline [kosarkas]

• WickedSick Member
  • Ooohhh...You know I don't give a fuck!!!
  • Awards Submitted more than 15 useful myths [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2010, 23:25 »
yeah for example lets make blademail on weaver or skadi on venge   lol @ astrinos and his post   

+1 noob to pd mods  gg

LOL

Offline Astrinos

• Retired Moderator
  • Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2010, 00:50 »

+1 noob to pd mods  gg

Try weaver VS slardar without blade mail and linkens

Offline CHEAT

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2010, 07:27 »

+1 noob to pd mods  gg

or just make manta+bfly or manta+radi on weaver n kill slardar in team fights...
*edit*
in serious games slardar can barely farm bkb or blink, ofc if they win easily/slardar gets kills he will gain better items but usually its not his job to farm, just stun/ulti ppl.

Offline Domagoj

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2010, 11:50 »

+1 noob to pd mods  gg

or just make manta+bfly or manta+radi on weaver n kill slardar in team fights...
*edit*
in serious games slardar can barely farm bkb or blink, ofc if they win easily/slardar gets kills he will gain better items but usually its not his job to farm, just stun/ulti ppl.

Never seen manta on weaver, but i guess it would be the shittiest item out there. For weaver. I mean, the copies would have say 1000hp, they would go down before you even make them, and wouldnt serve a purpose.