Author Topic: game leaving/staying ratio and autobanning  (Read 1718 times)

Offline 7th.SkY

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
game leaving/staying ratio and autobanning
« on: April 08, 2010, 21:30 »
I've been playing for some time on northrend, /j clan graz, in that channel the games are being auto hosted and they have similar system like we have here, playdota.eu.
I don't mean to advertise their server, but http://stats.ghostgraz.com/ just to point out how these servers look alike.
Now, I wasn't lame, went to their forum and read a few things. One rule i was certainly delighted with.

- Player needs to be above 80% stay-until-the-end. If he doesn't he gets an autoban by the bot.
Now, I really don't know after how many games this rule applies, because if you lose the connection at your second game it's 50%.

The truth is, many players here plug and shit, when they don't, they lose their connection sometimes, so we can try with 60 % ratio and see how it works out. When I take a look at myself, I do lose the connetion sometimes, like once in 50 games, so my stay ratio would be 98%. This way we would have less plug reports, therefore less work for the admin team. If a player can't get his percentage above 60% or 70%, that means he is loosing his connection every third or second game, then the question is, should a game ruiner like that be allowed to play? Come on, no one looses the connection, for real, that often.

Cheers.

Offline Djerfi

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] Path of the King Tour 2. Place Award [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: game leaving/staying ratio and autobanning
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 00:58 »
I personally don't think this is smth bad, but,  it bothers me whether I like it or not, because, serbian net is strange in 1 way... We get d/c for once per day at least! I mean our net restarts completely, lose connection on 1 sec, and we do not know when will it happen. Maybe I'll play DotA, maybe I'll play CS, maybe I will d/c in the beginning of the game maybe in end...

Dunno for others. :S
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 00:59 by Elision »

Offline X-PLODE

• Pro Member
  • Jimmy Eat World!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 01:43 »
serbians are the latest plague on the internet, you guys rushed internet with shit infrastructure.

first the br then swedes then ro now serbs.
also fuck you guys that talk on the phone during dota and fuck your internetcafes.

Offline ramb.O

• El micro y yo
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 02:15 »
serbians are the latest plague on the internet, you guys rushed internet with shit infrastructure.

also fuck you guys that talk on the phone during dota and fuck your internetcafes.

O_O
BB

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 23:10 »

Nice one man. Actualy scandinavia have best infrastructure on the world exept Japan...
Regular customer have 20-100mb/s internet bandwitch at home with delay to any country in europe 20-40ping.
They had 2mb/s internet at home when most of european "internauts" visits internet-caffes with 33600 dial-up modem connection split on 10 PC's

Offline Djerfi

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] Path of the King Tour 2. Place Award [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2010, 00:19 »
Is it my fault we have f*cking tarded net? :S

Offline Quon

• Hand of The King
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • garekds9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 01:52 »
Turkey is still no. 1 :D

s1ckboy

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2010, 01:53 »
Awesome idea, although it won't pass cause need much effort to apply zzz.

And EXPLODE your the most rude guy ever on this forum.

Offline night_must_fall

• Night Has Fallen
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2010, 20:37 »

Pff Serbia hater  >:(