Author Topic: 2 v 5 allowed?  (Read 3153 times)

Offline Helios

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
2 v 5 allowed?
« on: November 04, 2010, 02:58 »
Just a question, i was forced to play in a 2 v 5 situation at 22 min is a -so game, opposing team didnt want to switch (game was far from over). I asked for a warn/ban but mod said you cant force people to switch, so have the rules been changed?
http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php/topic,28710.0.html

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 2 v 5 allowed?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 03:02 »
u can leave game in 2v5 games without ban and if it is 30 mins..this rule is flexible...very flexible...they ar working on new rules so it might get changed...

i would likely say if they dont sw in 30 mins of game and it is -so and 3v5 they get banned i mean host..ower that it is not ban

Offline Geistesblitz

• Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 06:51 »
If the game started as 5v5 and suddenly it's 2v5 and you're on the 2 person team and switch isn't on or they simply don't want to switch you (both) have the option to leave the game without punishment. If you do get banned for leaving then you'd need to specify that on your unban request so that we can take care of the host as well.

Note: There must be more than one attempt to switch to prove there was any intention in getting someone switched over.

Offline ArizaelCZ

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 09:23 »
You must understand that switch is very tricky. If you have let's say terror in game and you are playing "protect wooding carry" strategy, which means the enemy has probably slight advantage in K/D ratio and on towers. Now imagine the situation that 2 of them drop/quit and terror will try to switch.
Quote from: ArmyMaN^E^
in that game no mh man becaus all games in start i type -ah

Offline XenyStyle

• WickedSick Member
  • Waarsshhhgggg!!! khm...khm..khmm damn this cold
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 12:59 »
You must understand that switch is very tricky. If you have let's say terror in game and you are playing "protect wooding carry" strategy, which means the enemy has probably slight advantage in K/D ratio and on towers. Now imagine the situation that 2 of them drop/quit and terror will try to switch.
it will be always like that.a team(lets say 3 ppl) with no stun will ask for 1 stunner,so it would be fair,the other team wont give them any(even if they have 3)so they can win.and ofc,they want to sw the noob,feeder

Offline Mechanik

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 15:06 »
So why there exist such thing as switch?
Agree that switching a good carry or tank to opposite team is stupid cause it breaks your teamplay.. but also playing 2 vs 5 is just simple abuse (when opposite team says only "we finish") especially when game is total balanced before someone/2 of them leave game.

And no, rules are not clear - you will ge ban (host ban you for sure), but you will get unbanned after FEW days with note: warn - leaver. So yea such situation shall be not allowed and end game if situation was balanced before someone left or give won game to a team which was better in whole game/

God is DEAD - Nietzsche
Nietzsche is DEAD - God...

Offline XenyStyle

• WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2010, 15:29 »
its a good thing if its 3v5 so u can make 4v4.imo if its 2v5 and its about to end,let them finish its pointles to switch when they r already in the base.
OR,just dont play pub games :)

Offline Mechanik

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2010, 18:18 »
Ypu exactly.. however many times when it is 3 vs 5 opposite team says only "we finish" even its middle of the game with balanced score.
Nah pub games are ok - people are just too greedy :P

God is DEAD - Nietzsche
Nietzsche is DEAD - God...

Offline vaikiss

• MonsterKill Member
  • Imbalanced Gaming 4 Life
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Troll Madness Winner [UNIQUE] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • QuakeLive-Best Fps EVAH!
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2010, 18:40 »
it is allowed

God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Offline PerverzniUm

• Advanced Member
  • i am always right no question about that
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2010, 23:45 »
-roll
if they dont sw after it just leav the game post to get em baned if they dont send every1 to a nice place cos they aint got a brain ;)
An Error Has Occurred!
Sorry PerverzniUm, you are banned from using this forum!
Insulting moderator
This ban is set to expire November 17, 2010, 11:05 pm.

My words:
all they do is spit on you and every1 else ! and wow what a dumb asw u got!

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2010, 00:59 »
-SO command is damn shity in 3v5 even with good scores....

Yes go retarded noob rage and sw one carry from team and than it is 4v4 one is unclocked for both teams and both get cash ,opposite team gets carry hero which was crucial in that 5 players team , and than what ? he stats killing weak int in his now opposite team and gets more feed and his team gets lvl as well and they have now same cash but more for ending possible streaks ,same lvl and one imba cary so i say fuck -so modes it is pure unbalancing  and if someone asks 3v5 sw i just reject ...

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2010, 16:32 »
-SO command is damn shity in 3v5 even with good scores....

Yes go retarded noob rage and sw one carry from team and than it is 4v4 one is unclocked for both teams and both get cash ,opposite team gets carry hero which was crucial in that 5 players team , and than what ? he stats killing weak int in his now opposite team and gets more feed and his team gets lvl as well and they have now same cash but more for ending possible streaks ,same lvl and one imba cary so i say fuck -so modes it is pure unbalancing  and if someone asks 3v5 sw i just reject ...
Most of the times yes.
But one of my best games was pub that started 5v5 and ended 4v4 (or other).
About the switch: People care if they switch a cary, as much as they care in picking a cary.

Offline Sauzer

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2010, 08:07 »
I prefeer lose 2 v 5 ( or 3 v 5 ) than lose giving them the only (or the best ) carry we had.
Roll is not a good solution:
Played a game 2 (mirana+leo in sentinel) vs 4 (magina+lich+pudge+crix in scourge) swapped feeded magina...u can image the result
I continue thinking that -so sux ( r more cases where I dont appreciate that command than cases where is good). 
! PSR = Pointless System Rating

Offline vaikiss

• MonsterKill Member
  • Imbalanced Gaming 4 Life
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Troll Madness Winner [UNIQUE] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • QuakeLive-Best Fps EVAH!
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2010, 10:10 »
I remember old good times when there was no modes at all

God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Offline XenyStyle

• WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards