Poll

Would you be interested in playing in an official PD.eu tournament?

Yay!
Nay!

Author Topic: Suggestion and poll: an official Playdota.eu Open Cup?  (Read 2880 times)

Offline NEGERTIVS

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • podlac lukavi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Since PD.eu has access to a fantastic bot and a large userbase, I think it'd be a great idea for it to host it's own tournament. It could start out as a small 2v2 or even 5v5 tournament (I personally prefer 5v5), played exclusively on the PD.eu bots.

As a former member of the UT community and match admin on http://www.clanbase.com, I think a number of elements that they use there would be useful for launching such a tournament. For example, the tournament could be seasonal and run parallel with the PD.eu stats ladder. Clanbase has Spring, Summer, Fall, and Christmas cups. Maybe it'd be a good idea to use something like this? Or the participating clans could be divided into divisions (like Premier division, second division and so on) to insure that each clan competes at a fair level and that fun can be had overall.

Depending on the amount of clans interested, the tournament could start with a poule-phase and then proceed to a knock-out phase with a grand final and a 3rd place final. Prices shouldnt be important (especially in the early stages of such a tournament), you could call them honor and fun, because let's face it, none of us on eurobattle.net are in it for the money, are we?  ;D

As for the long term strategic advantages: I think an official PD.eu tournament would provide PD with a view into expanding into more competitive play and attract more clans to the bot. I dont think the tournament should be too serious though, I would suggest a casual opportunity for friends on the bot and/or IRL to compete, especially at first. PD.eu and eurobattle in general seem to be great niches for playing casually and with some friends. Let's exploit them!

If any of the admins are interested in this suggestion, I have a lot more "tournament-specific" suggestions to add, but Ill leave them for a later point in the discussion. I have also taken the liberty of creating a small poll to provide you with some free feedback.

Best regards,
NEGERTIVS

EDIT; Poll settings are: 1 vote per user, users cannot see results until they have voted. Users can change their vote.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 16:27 by NEGERTIVS »

Offline .Hybrid.

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Suggestion and poll: an official Playdota.eu Open Cup?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2010, 16:11 »
Well rly I never Heared here about Tournaments And i have to agree Taht is very Interesting Cuz i have done The post Requesting For it
Pls Admins is a great Idea If Open a Tournament For Dota 5vs5 Ofc If The Admins agree to be Judges  And they Will observers Uploading The map i dunno how it works But Its A NIce Idea :)

Offline .Hybrid.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2010, 16:21 »
I mean About i saw Maps Where Have Space For Observers .
And I mean About Amins judges Cuz Ofc I wont MHER's Playing In a tournament LoL
Mhers detected = GG
Ofc Per Game Min. 2 Admins Or ppl Who voluntary ( i can Do it )

Offline NEGERTIVS

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • podlac lukavi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2010, 16:26 »
Since administrating every single game themselves will be too much of a burden on mods, I think a system with referees, recruited from the players themselves, could work. They would have to apply and be approved by the mods, and whenever there is a disagreement on whether a referee made a mistake, a clan would be able to appeal to the mods. Ofcourse the criteria for being a referee would have to be high.

Offline dRagoLjuB

• dRagoLjuB
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Nowhere and Everywhere
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2010, 16:29 »
my cousin is playing cod2 clanbase and there is a program that make every ~1 min a screenshot to see he mh or not ( he must run it for cb)
would be nice to see it in wc3 too (for cw , cups ... )

Offline .Hybrid.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2010, 16:30 »
I agree with that but I can not play games without a referee ... and I think that before starting with the idea of a possible tournament, you should evaluate the idea of who will be the umpires to find no problems then.
Well, it is also necessary a schedule of activities is a little complex but I think it would be very fun and I'm willing to help promote this idea.

Offline .Hybrid.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2010, 16:32 »
I Think That We dont Need Clanbase
Just If we Post The rulz And The clans min With 5 Playerd Who post taht will play in the tournament

Offline NEGERTIVS

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Topic Author
  • podlac lukavi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 16:35 »
@[4h][MarceL]: yep, clanbase has very rigorous anti-cheat legislation. But let's not focus on the details, please discuss why you would or would not like the idea of an official playdota cup!

Offline .Hybrid.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2010, 16:58 »
Neger What Do you think About Im Saying ?

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Guess who's back :D
    • View Profile
    • When injustice becomes a LAW, resistance becomes a duty
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2010, 17:01 »
Negertivs we had a IHRL (In house raven league) once and it was not visited so we shut it down, but I agree with your proposal about 2v2 league with icons (we will have icons for our ladder too when we implement new rating system) and forum awards. I will propose it to head admins and we will see what will they say about it. I think it is not difficult to make another separate bot with observers. But I wont promise anything cause we have only 1 coder for now (myubernick).

when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Offline .Hybrid.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2010, 17:21 »
I think it didnt work cuz wasn't a serious help from the admins I'm sure that if admins take the work to do it with the proper use of rules it will works . I talked with more than 20 people interested in this. Honestly I would help on this but If adminss Wont  help it's in vain.
About "2vs2" It isn't Dota, is boring, No team Work,  and also of competitive big Map For Mid Games Roflmao " BORING"
So What If 5 clans play This Time ... The ppl Will heard It And the Next Tournamente Will play 10 Clans
You have to try ... Honestly I feel bored if you do not offer tournaments for players.
in this server is just
Pub game pub game pub game oh! priv Cm Game ...
Help Us

Offline .Hybrid.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2010, 17:26 »
It is strange to me that this is not done on this server and as I said if necessary if that Admins dont want to do or is just lazy so I can help to do It I can Be a judge i can start to promoting this idea.
Is now when is a good idea start To do something New.
Regrats.

Offline rocknrolla

• Pro Member
  • Awards Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 ARSHOM [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2010, 17:28 »
I think it didnt work cuz wasn't a serious help from the admins I'm sure that if admins take the work to do it with the proper use of rules it will works . I talked with more than 20 people interested in this. Honestly I would help on this but If adminss Wont  help it's in vain.
About "2vs2" It isn't Dota, is boring, No team Work,  and also of competitive big Map For Mid Games Roflmao " BORING"
So What If 5 clans play This Time ... The ppl Will heard It And the Next Tournamente Will play 10 Clans
You have to try ... Honestly I feel bored if you do not offer tournaments for players.
in this server is just
Pub game pub game pub game oh! priv Cm Game ...
Help Us
OFF : Dude, can you try and type with normal letters, no big and small here and there ? It's annoying
ON : IHRL had admin support, but didn't had players's. As for the cup, I hold my thoughts, for I think different than most people playing here, that might be interested, and I don't want break their enthusiasm :)

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Guess who's back :D
    • View Profile
    • When injustice becomes a LAW, resistance becomes a duty
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 17:28 »
There was serious help from admins we had vouchers and ops there but there were not enough players as I said. And I rly support any kind of tournaments.

Edit: rocknrolla posted 3 sec before me but I will still leave this
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Offline .Hybrid.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 17:33 »
Rly MrNiceguy U can Help us ?
How i dunno But Is A great Idea and I have Time to support it
And we can Find Players For the Cup ;)
i think that more than 1 Will play