Author Topic: Suggestion: Auto ban host who leaves!  (Read 2398 times)

Offline BigManJoe

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Suggestion: Auto ban host who leaves!
« on: October 05, 2010, 19:44 »
Hi,

I would like to make a suggestion about making new option in PD.eu bot. Automatically ban host who leave their own created games. Because i have noticed that many times host are leaving if they are not winning the game... I guess the stats are far more precious than hosting good, fair game  ::)

Best regards,
BigManJoe

Offline Shagon

• Pro Member
  • The Angel of Malice
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Suggestion: Auto ban host who leaves!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 19:59 »
Won't work here's why:
Host is playdota.eu.XX bot meaning it controls the game,best similar thing to do is ban the person who is blue (or was because he left)
other thing is ban the person who has !owner status and left the game with it.

there is one more thing to take care of,and that is the mute command,can you ,as the playdota.eu community,make the bot mute players who swear automatically like this:

FunNickHere: OMFG SHAGON'S NOOB OMFG %@!$ and where the symbols are should be a word,then should be a automute of 1-5 minutes depending on swear status : 1 swear = 1 min,2 swears = 2 mins 5+ = 5 mins and so on.

I'm sorry to drop this in your post but the autoban host doesn't sound like its going to work.

Offline juakiz

• All u need is love <3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 20:13 »
not autoban.. but maybe to change !owner tho the next player... he can ban him properly and/or the seccesive leavers...

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Guess who's back :D
    • View Profile
    • When injustice becomes a LAW, resistance becomes a duty
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 20:19 »
There were that command before, if host leaves the game anyone could take !owner, but cause there were some much abuse of that we removed that ability!
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Offline BigManJoe

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 20:39 »
On mute command i also agree, its just would be hard to list all swear words and lots and lots of shorter versions of them.
Its just that in cases like again my last game http://stats.playdota.eu/?p=gameinfo&gid=747808 host left like 3min before game ending just to avoid bad stats. I like a true patriot stayed till end even that my stats weren't bright as well...  8)

Best regards,
BigManJoe
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 20:43 by BigManJoe »

Offline juakiz

• All u need is love <3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 22:25 »
There were that command before, if host leaves the game anyone could take !owner, but cause there were some much abuse of that we removed that ability!

hmmm, but maybe setting owner to the next player (in order) can handle the situation better.. sometimes player behind host are friends or something and would be reserved slot for responsable ppl in future in case of leaving... dunno

Offline vaikiss

• MonsterKill Member
  • Imbalanced Gaming 4 Life
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Troll Madness Winner [UNIQUE] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • QuakeLive-Best Fps EVAH!
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 22:25 »
played shitloads of games during that time and saw  0 abuses lol

God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Offline pothead

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 23:22 »

there is one more thing to take care of,and that is the mute command,can you ,as the playdota.eu community,make the bot mute players who swear automatically like this:

FunNickHere: OMFG SHAGON'S NOOB OMFG %@!$ and where the symbols are should be a word,then should be a automute of 1-5 minutes depending on swear status : 1 swear = 1 min,2 swears = 2 mins 5+ = 5 mins and so on.

I'm sorry to drop this in your post but the autoban host doesn't sound like its going to work.

Thats not good idea imo, much worse things can be said without uisng swear words.

Offline ArizaelCZ

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2010, 19:34 »
I must agree with vaikis.... played also many times during the times and saw only minor !owner abuse pretty much the same what did regular hosts.

Btw autoban is complete bs. - example is 40% rmk votes before minute 10 (you would get autoban). Or in situations when you quit i.e. 5v0 game (autoban), or simply loose connection with 7/1/20 stats (autoban)
Quote from: ArmyMaN^E^
in that game no mh man becaus all games in start i type -ah

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Guess who's back :D
    • View Profile
    • When injustice becomes a LAW, resistance becomes a duty
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2010, 20:35 »

Well, ask quon and me how many complains we got about that abuse, and how many bans we gave to users that abused it!

when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Offline ArizaelCZ

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 23:43 »
Tell me. I am not bitching i am realy simply curious.
Quote from: ArmyMaN^E^
in that game no mh man becaus all games in start i type -ah

Offline Quon

• Hand of The King
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • garekds9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 00:38 »

Well, ask quon and me how many complains we got about that abuse, and how many bans we gave to users that abused it!

y, ask me ^^

Offline vaikiss

• MonsterKill Member
  • Imbalanced Gaming 4 Life
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Troll Madness Winner [UNIQUE] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • QuakeLive-Best Fps EVAH!
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 23:37 »

isn't thats the same as abusing host comands in a normal game ?

God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Offline MiZiGe

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Spit on my karma!
  • Awards Patreon Supporter [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Eurobattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2010, 10:16 »
I do not see how that would be abused (not more than any other host can abuse...)
anyways, I think autoban for leaver host/owner would be a good thing - a leaver host just makes me rage

Offline zero.infinity

• Mr.Niceguy Fan
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2010, 10:40 »
Aww... should I kiss the painfull spot? :(
Mister :(
I love you
:|