Author Topic: Lost conecction  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Zoidanger

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Lost conecction
« on: October 01, 2010, 11:44 »
I have a problem in some games I lose the connection, but continued to have internet, is a second and lost the connection. Because of this, I'm banned for leaving the game. What could be causing this?

Offline Shagon

• Pro Member
  • The Angel of Malice
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Lost conecction
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 11:47 »
Check Your FireWall and your internet speed,internet speed can be checked on http://speedtest.net also,check your antivirus,if you are playing and your antivirus is updating it will slow your game down,my advice :

Check Internet Speed and if you have Avast Antivirus tick the : Silent Gaming Mode.

Offline Zoidanger

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 14:16 »
I spent the speed test with 11.79 Mb / s. I have no antivirus installed

Offline Shagon

• Pro Member
  • The Angel of Malice
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 19:41 »
I spent the speed test with 11.79 Mb / s. I have no antivirus installed

Where You from? I can recommend you an antivirus program to scan your PC for any viruses,also,you should have this program to scan your PC for any errors or just to boost your PC's Speed, look this program up : TuneUp Utlilities 2010

ps: Mine Antivirus Program is Avast Antivirus 5.0 pro edition

Offline Zoidanger

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2010, 20:23 »
I've done it all and the problem persists. I installed the antivirus and found nothing strange, installed TuneUp and nothing.. I have become a ban by leaver: S

Offline X-PLODE

• Pro Member
  • Jimmy Eat World!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 10:12 »
I don't have any antivirus either shagon, i'm just that pro at pc's.

Also avast is the worst av next to norton and the only acceptable av is nod.

ps: loltuneup

Offline Shagon

• Pro Member
  • The Angel of Malice
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 15:17 »
I've done it all and the problem persists. I installed the antivirus and found nothing strange, installed TuneUp and nothing.. I have become a ban by leaver: S

Ok,when you play down right at the clock,check for any programs that are using internet connection like: uTorrent,Skype or any other program,programs like uTorrent shouldn't be open when you play,also,this is rare,but check your PC's speed,to do that go to http://tinyurl.com/25e3yj5,when opened type Warcraft III and on the drop-down box select Warcraft III The Frozen Throne,I don't think your pc is slow but lets check to be on the safe side,otherwise if you have good internet speed,good pc configuration and you still get disconnect from games,then ill check your DxDiag,to do DxDiag go to Start > Run > type DxDiag and click OK,when opened click on "Save All Information" button,when you clicked it you should have a new file on your desktop,upload it anywhere and give the link to me via Personal Message here on forum

Offline Sphinix

• Retired Moderator
  • Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2010, 22:06 »
Hi
I have same problem. I also noticed that some other got it(http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php/topic,23409.0.html)....i dont want to start new thread because it is same problem....

I am from Zagreb. I lose connection to connection but not to internet.I lose connectiona and have to log ing again.It happend to me more than 5 times.I was banned because of it too.This is my speedtest:

I got avast antivirus and it wasnt updating.No torrents downloading programs or anything like that.

Do you need any other information? Can you unban me too or i need post in unban request forum? Should I post my own topic about this problem? Why is sky blue?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Shagon

• Pro Member
  • The Angel of Malice
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 13:37 »
Ok,after seeing your results on CanYouRunIt I think I can help:

Is your firewall on?
Did you try reinstalling the game?
How long do you have this "error"?,and
If you think its because of the game did you try playing on other platforms such as Garena or any other?

Sphinix and Zoidanger,add me on eurobattle.net my nick is Shagon
When you see me playing just wisp me and ill create if it disconnects you its because of the game,if it doesn't,well then I'll need time to figure this out...

Update:
Since pd.eu bots use ports you can check if that port is blocked to make sure you don't get disconnect.

Offline Boramir

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • hmm?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 14:17 »
i tell you it is about your modem.

i had same problem a lot. swapped to other modem, and bingo.
Quote from: vluggejappie
omg noob bora owned us:S
[p]
i heard from several people that boramir sucks at dota and in rage he always is PLUGGER

Offline Sphinix

• Retired Moderator
  • Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 14:54 »
I was disconnected again.
Dont think it is a modem. I had same problem on 2 modems (got new one with internet tv thing).
Is your firewall on?
Yes but warcraft is allowed to connect as server any time...and if it were firewall I would get a message that some program is asking connection or blocked connection.
Did you try reinstalling the game?
No...will do.
How long do you have this "error"?
Dont know for sure... I guess from begining.
If you think its because of the game did you try playing on other platforms such as Garena or any other?
No i just played on eurobattle.net server...I Installed garena and now ill try on it too.

Offline Sphinix

• Retired Moderator
  • Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 19:53 »
Update:
My nick is Ilir and my brothers is Barrex.
I noticed that when it happens to me most of the time there are others that lost connection too:
http://stats.playdota.eu/?p=gameinfo&gid=755124 (got banned)

Also one of moderators has same problem. His nick is quon (got avatar of Garek from Star Trek)....

I played on garena and there I got no problems....but garena sucks....rooms are mostly full and you have to wait too long to find a good game.....

Since I am banned I cant join your games when you are online....Guess will have to wait 2 weeks to try....

Offline Shagon

• Pro Member
  • The Angel of Malice
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2010, 09:23 »
PM Quon how did he fixed or Fawkz on how to fix this problem

Offline SwenCro

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 11:21 »
Hi
I have same problem. I also noticed that some other got it(http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php/topic,23409.0.html)....i dont want to start new thread because it is same problem....

I am from Zagreb. I lose connection to connection but not to internet.I lose connectiona and have to log ing again.It happend to me more than 5 times.I was banned because of it too.This is my speedtest:

I got avast antivirus and it wasnt updating.No torrents downloading programs or anything like that.

Do you need any other information? Can you unban me too or i need post in unban request forum? Should I post my own topic about this problem? Why is sky blue?

Hey I have same problem...every 3 or 4 games i got disconnected...im from Croatia too...but my service provider is Amis not T-com

Offline zero.infinity

• Mr.Niceguy Fan
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2010, 11:45 »
I lost connection once too.  :-\

Mister :(
I love you
:|