Author Topic: Refusing to play cause of stupid reasons  (Read 7875 times)

Offline lovekiddos

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Refusing to play cause of stupid reasons
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2010, 16:50 »
i posted ban request for one guy in 2v2 who refused to play with his teammate, and let enemy team to kill him, well response was : "denied"
because there s no rule which force ppl to PLAY, so bascially just move around fountain and call it game huh
PLAYING SINGLEPLAYER GAMES= MORE FUN, MULTIPLAYER = MORE NERVES AND HATE

Offline PlayDota.eu08

• WickedSick Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2010, 16:53 »
NOTE: All the rules are only for DotA Ladder games hosted by playdota.eu bots
NOTES: These bans are not obligatory! It is mainly moderator’s decision.
            Warns are permanent.
Quote from: Dino-Merlin
Ne nisam ti rekao sve, jednostavno nisam imao snage za to

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Guess who's back :D
    • View Profile
    • When injustice becomes a LAW, resistance becomes a duty
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2010, 18:04 »
Guy from above gave u some important answers!

And here is some more:

They had enough votes in first 10 min (4 votes) and they left game!
You did not had any right to ban anyone of them, and that is why elude banned you, and to be honest you passed well cause you got only 12 hours! You should be thankful for that, cause we are banning ppl 3 days cause of that!

I hope i was helpful, and if I was not clear you can /w me on pd channel or sent me pm here!

Cheers!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 01:06 by mrNiceguy »
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Offline Zerind

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2010, 21:49 »
Guy from above gave u some important answers!

And here is some more:

Domagoj, it does not matter that tinker was not "unplayble condition" reason, they could vote rmk for any reason, or for no reason at all!
They had enough votes in first 10 min (4 votes) and they left game!
You did not had any right to ban anyone of them, and that is why elude banned you, and to be honest you passed well cause you got only 12 hours! You should be thankful for that, cause we are banning ppl 3 days cause of that!

I hope i was helpful, and if I was not clear you can /w me on pd channel or sent me pm here!

Cheers!

WTF!
Are u serious?
So if other team gets first blood in the first 10 minutes, I can start vote !rmk, and if I get 4 votes (trust me, I will get that about 50% of the cases), I can leave?? LOL!
What about unplayable conditions? So anything can mean unplayable conditions? This is ridiculous!
If this is true, then serious rule revisions are needed!
Imo, that rule was made to allow ppl to end the game if they had GOOD REASON to do so! It was made for situations when players have lag, or when they have a meganoob in their team etc. This is the reason this rule exists!

Hmm, maybe in the next -ar game I play, if we get worse randoms, we will simply vote rmk and leave. LOL! Or, I can go in crazy situations with my team. If we kill them in first 10 minutes, we play. If we die, we vote rmk and leave. LOL :D
Ridiculous...

Could we have a good pro mod here? Like Quon?

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2010, 22:37 »
U understand what u want to understand, for any normal player I was very clear with my explanation!

Of course we will not accept reason like: "i got hero i dont know how to play", and "oh they got fb lets vote for rmk now"!

If you want that I explain the thing i wrote above only for you I will do that in step by step way!

Btw we are working on new rules and they will be rdy for new reason!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 22:41 by mrNiceguy »
when we were fighting againt the biggest power hunger i ever met, MrNiceGuy. Now i see him in you, no, you became way worse than him. He at least had some heart, he cared about ppl who were with him all the time.

Offline Zerind

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2010, 00:41 »
U understand what u want to understand, for any normal player I was very clear with my explanation!

Of course we will not accept reason like: "i got hero i dont know how to play", and "oh they got fb lets vote for rmk now"!

If you want that I explain the thing i wrote above only for you I will do that in step by step way!

Btw we are working on new rules and they will be rdy for new reason!

Please do explain what the difference is between these two vote rmk reasons:
"i got hero i dont know how to play"
"we have techies, i don't want to play"

Why is one unacceptable and the other is acceptable?

Offline Zerind

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2010, 00:53 »
One more thing:

[...] they could vote rmk for any reason, or for no reason at all!
They had enough votes in first 10 min [...]

So here you basically said that  "i got hero i dont know how to play", and "oh they got fb lets vote for rmk now" really ARE good reasons, since the reason can be anything.

At least read and understand your own post before you act like I'm the slow kid around... ;)

I still say that reason is important, it can't be anything. Am I right on this one?

If no, then u were wrong in saying that the exaggerated examples I have provided before were not acceptable reasons, and saying that they only prove that I can't understand what u are saying.

If yes, however, then (u owe me an apology, but nvm that now :) ) we have to decide where the line is between acceptable and unacceptable reasons, which is pretty much what this whole topic is about.
In my opinion, having techies as a teammate is not an acceptable reason for denying to play.

Offline mrNiceguy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2010, 01:06 »
In that moment they had unplayble conditions cause 2 guys went afk and they started to vote for rmk!

They had 4 votes and they left game!

Fau_1_SFRJ got unbanned cause he managed to get 4 votes for rmk!

Yes I know he went to afk, but as you can see he did not afked enough to get banned for that, and believe me he managed to get out this time but next time he will not!

Very simple this is the 1:100 when they both had half right!

So when you say "they can vote for rmk for no reason" here is little tricky thing:

5 players have invite to cw and they start to rmk at 1 min of the game, can you call that unplayble conditions?

That is why I posted that /no reason at all/ sentence and as I can see it was miss understanding and I have delete it from my previous post!

In second point u are right in your posts, and for that reason I have said:" on start of the next season we will post new rules" /witch they be very clear/ I hope so!

Respect!

« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 01:21 by mrNiceguy »

Offline Zerind

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2010, 02:35 »
Oh!
Ok then, I see your point now. Thanks! :)
Looking forward to see new rules.

Offline Domagoj

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2010, 09:24 »
In that moment they had unplayble conditions cause 2 guys went afk and they started to vote for rmk!

They had 4 votes and they left game!

Fau_1_SFRJ got unbanned cause he managed to get 4 votes for rmk!

Yes I know he went to afk, but as you can see he did not afked enough to get banned for that, and believe me he managed to get out this time but next time he will not!

Very simple this is the 1:100 when they both had half right!

So when you say "they can vote for rmk for no reason" here is little tricky thing:

5 players have invite to cw and they start to rmk at 1 min of the game, can you call that unplayble conditions?

That is why I posted that /no reason at all/ sentence and as I can see it was miss understanding and I have delete it from my previous post!

In second point u are right in your posts, and for that reason I have said:" on start of the next season we will post new rules" /witch they be very clear/ I hope so!

Respect!

Ok, this about clears things up. Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Domagoj

Offline AliRadicali

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2010, 02:13 »
This thread is probably the best example of why this rule
If 40% of users in game complain about unplayable conditions (with !rmk) in the first 10 minutes of the game, all players have to leave (and game owner can rehost the game).
cannot go on unappended.

What was this rule intended for? This rule was intended to "fix" the situation where the game becomes unplayable for a minority of the players. What is unplayable?
IMO, unplayable can be having to play with less players, having one or more players that have serious connection issues, one or more players that are playing horribly(intentionally or through lack of skill). However, I believe that hero picks CANNOT be considered an "unplayable condition". Why?

I think it's safe to assume that no single hero in DotA is so bad, that picking said hero automatically causes you to lose. Any hero, when played correctly, has the means to grant his team victory.
Therefore, "we have hero X in our team, we lose" should NOT be considered a valid "unplayable condition".

Now you may say "but a combination of XYZ heroes will cause you to lose".
I don't think this is true, mainly because individual skill and competence far outweighs the edge that hero picks give you. MYM playing 5 melee AGI carries will probably still decimate a team of random pubs playing a top tier ganking team.
Furthermore, in any mode, the mode gives every player (or the team captain) a certain degree of freedom for hero selection. In some modes, like sd and rd, you barely have any freedom of choice, whereas in other modes, like AP and RD you get a huge selection. Now the thing is, each mode's freedom of choice is INHERENT to that mode, so by opting to a join such a game, it should be automatically assumed that you accept that: Joining an AR game and then complaining about the team's heroes should strike any DotA player as preposterous. If you don't want a quirky lineup, don't play AR!
And if you play AP and your team ends up with 5 melee heroes, you can blame your team, but you should blame yourself as well. It's your own fault that YOU didn't pick a ranged hero either. You cannot accept "we picked Gondar, Barathrum, Rikimaru, Blood Seeker and Mortred, UNPLAYABLE CONDITIONS! !RMK" as a valid excuse to remake and not accept something like "I fed 0-10 during laning, UNPLAYABLE CONDITIONS!" as well.
Each player has to make an effort to win, in order to win, and that includes picking just as much as it includes playing properly.

In short, the aformentioned rule HAS to be appended to something along the lines of:
If 40% of users in game complain about unplayable conditions (with !rmk) in the first 10 minutes of the game, all players have to leave (and game owner can rehost the game).

(any complaints based upon hero picks do NOT count as unplayable conditions!)

Offline NEGERTIVS

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • podlac lukavi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2010, 14:34 »
the rule doesn`t define "unplayable conditions", so it`s up to everyone; if 4 players thought they can`t play like that, i respect their decision . whats the point in playing a game against 4 players who don`t want to play anymore from minute 8 of the game? and it was a private game, next time pick in ur private game players who u like to play with

Oh please. Since the rules mention "unplayable conditions" one should actually look for a condition or circumstance that renders the game unplayable. Now the bot having spikes or a significant number of players having lagspikes both qualify beautifully, and Im even willing to include having an early leaver as an "unplayable condition". Having a hero that you dislike on your team and then claiming "unplayable conditions" is just plain stupid, and is in the spheres of "omg i didnt get my favorite hero riki, must plugpull". How does getting techies render the game "unplayable" then? You still have a good ping, good fps, and a functioning computer.

Techies is just another hero. Im not saying he's a competitive top pick (even though I think kuroky tried playing him competitively), but he can still be extremely useful in the right hands. A competent techies can be swimming in kills by the end of early game and can help push his team to victory.

If you actually meant that any rmk vote supported by 40% of the players should be followed, why mention unplayable conditions in the rule?

Offline yaphets_

• Nevermore Master
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2010, 16:56 »
AliRadicali and negertivs you are spamming alot :/ no offence....
who had never made a mistake, has never tried anything new ;)~albert einstein

Offline NEGERTIVS

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • podlac lukavi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2010, 17:38 »
Spamming? The what in the who's hoo-hoo now? I contributed to this discussion by pointing out why having techies in the team should not qualify as an unplayable condition. That's on-topic right? amirite?? Just because my post was longer (and it wasnt even that long, under a hundred words for sure) than the average street sign does not mean that I am spamming. What the hell? I dont even..

Get your definitions straight. (and maybe actually READ a reply before you mindlessly proclaim it to be spam)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 17:43 by NEGERTIVS »

Offline Domagoj

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2010, 17:49 »
AliRadicali and negertivs you are spamming alot :/ no offence....

What exactly do you qualify as spam, they just commented on the thread? Your post, on the other hand, just as my reply to your stupid post, that is spamming...