Author Topic: Refusing to play cause of stupid reasons  (Read 7873 times)

Offline Domagoj

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Refusing to play cause of stupid reasons
« on: September 21, 2010, 02:17 »
Ok, so heres the deal: Yesterday i played a game where two, lets call them idiots, wanted rmk at the start cause they had techies in their team. They claimed it to be a lost game before it even started, and claimed the player playing techies noob because he didnt repick. Btw, the game mode was ar, so by that philosophy, ever 8th or so ar game would have to be rmked at start because of techies. So they said that they refused to play and requested a rmk after about 20 secs of the game. First it was only them, and then two more guys wanted a rmk (during the first 10 mins) but i didnt want to give it to them, simply because i wasnt counting the afkers as being allowed a vote in this game.

So after some 10 minutes of the game, the two afkers left and i banned them, and rmked the game. I hosted a few hundred games here on pd, and never came across such a situation. One of them reported me, i was banned for bad hosting, and the two of them were unbanned.  Now i know that my duty as a host is to rmk the game if 40% requests a rmk during the first 10 mins, and i accept the ban, even though no one ever complained to my hosting up until now.

So, my question is, what to do in this situation, and is it normal that the idiots get unbanned although they ruined the game by afking from the start?

Here are the links to my ban request and to the game:
http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php/topic,21341.0.html
http://stats.playdota.eu/?p=gameinfo&gid=683994

Offline Zerind

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Refusing to play cause of stupid reasons
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 02:27 »
Lol, no way!
Rules say that 40% vote, first 10 minutes, and UNPLAYABLE CONDITIONS! Techies is not an "unplayable condition".
I think, whoever unbanned them and banned u, is a bad moderator. Post another ban request for the two leavers, an unban request for yourself, and ask for a head ban/unban moderator to review the situation.
The key here is the "unplayable condition", in my opinion. (Lag, 4v5, afk-er, suicider, giganoob in a team. But Techies? Nope. Techies is a heavy support, I have seen Techies own even in late game.)

Offline Zerind

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 02:30 »
Y, just as I thought. Elude, some noob moderator banned you. Open a new ban request. This Elude guy needs to learn a lot about the rules, don't let this thing go away!

Offline Domagoj

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2010, 02:34 »
Im aware that techies can go shoulder to shooulder with any hero, otherwise they wouldnt exist for i dont know how long. Y, i was thinking the same, i will start another ban request, but i just noticed that the idiot that posted the ban request for me mispelled my name, so im not banned after all.. Talk about incompetence...

Offline [Shady] Polska

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2010, 04:25 »
Yea thats a fail in many ways. Did the mod check the game?? I"ll have it looked into and thanks for being calm and post in a friendly manner. We appreciate people like you who do well to the community, and the others in this chat thanks for no spam

Offline Elude

• Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • pure witch
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 05:28 »
Im aware that techies can go shoulder to shooulder with any hero, otherwise they wouldnt exist for i dont know how long. Y, i was thinking the same, i will start another ban request, but i just noticed that the idiot that posted the ban request for me mispelled my name, so im not banned after all.. Talk about incompetence...

mispelled ur name in forum,not when i banned u, u still have ban . 40% of players voted rmk in first 8 minutes, i sustain my decision . the rule doesn`t define "unplayable conditions", so it`s up to everyone; if 4 players thought they can`t play like that, i respect their decision . whats the point in playing a game against 4 players who don`t want to play anymore from minute 8 of the game? and it was a private game, next time pick in ur private game players who u like to play with
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 06:56 by Elude »

Offline dlakar

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 06:31 »
I do not agree with you Elude. Those two should be banned.You can not ask for rmk if you think that you will lose. Those two ruined the game by not playing from the begining so the rest of the team asked for rmk because of unplayable conditions caused by them.   

Offline Elude

• Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • pure witch
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 06:42 »
they got baned for leaving; well 1 of them, banlast don`t works on 2 players. it was legit to leave the game when 40% of players voted rmk in first 10 minutes .oh, i forgot, they didn`t vote rmk at first vote, first !rmk was asked by saric from sentinel team in minute 3 of the game
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 06:59 by Elude »

Offline Domagoj

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2010, 12:16 »
Ok, elude, when i was talking about idiots, i didnt mean you, if thats what you think, the one who wrote ban request wrote the wrong name. But, both of them were unbanned, i saw that when i returned to eurobattle. And im not saying that they should be banned for leaving, but for ruining the game. Again, if you dont want techies in your team, dont play ar, play some other mode, they never get picked anyway. As for Saric, i dont know why he voted, but he didnt want to end the game, check chat if you understand Croatian. And as for the private game, that is what pissed me off the most, i dont know who invited them, but i never saw them before. And when i play private games, i usually play them because i expect to play them to the end, without leavers, afkers etc.

So why unban them if it is obvious to everyone that they ruined the game?

Offline Domagoj

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2010, 12:25 »
And btw, if i remember correctly, I banned them under leaver, afk. I understand that banning them for leaving was my mistake, but what about this afk part?

Offline XenyStyle

• WickedSick Member
  • Waarsshhhgggg!!! khm...khm..khmm damn this cold
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2010, 12:35 »
POWER FOR LEAVERS,AFKERS,TARDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline 0uts1d3r

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 13:09 »
demote Elude
tyvm

Embarass mods?
Brother... that ship has long sailed.

Offline ArizaelCZ

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2010, 14:00 »

mispelled ur name in forum,not when i banned u, u still have ban . 40% of players voted rmk in first 8 minutes, i sustain my decision . the rule doesn`t define "unplayable conditions", so it`s up to everyone; if 4 players thought they can`t play like that, i respect their decision . whats the point in playing a game against 4 players who don`t want to play anymore from minute 8 of the game? and it was a private game, next time pick in ur private game players who u like to play with

My friend you just faced an ancient problem which follows most of the judges around the world.

The problem is called positive and natural law.

You followed the positive way of the rules. The statement: "If 40% of pple complains about unplayable condition with !rmk in the first 10 minutes the game must be remaked."  is pretty simple. However when deciding you SHOULD allow your ethical sense to guide as you well as the rules does. Would you ban guy who left the game because fire started raging in his house? The situation is simple - refusing to play because we got randomed techies on PRIV game should defintily be punished imo defintly not banning and warning the host who simply wanted to play a game.

edit: Dunno why demote everybody makes mistakes.
Quote from: ArmyMaN^E^
in that game no mh man becaus all games in start i type -ah

Offline Domagoj

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2010, 14:11 »
Y, ofc, im not asking for any demotes here, just want to see those guys banned, cause i am absolutely sure that they deserve it.

Offline vaikiss

• MonsterKill Member
  • Imbalanced Gaming 4 Life
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Troll Madness Winner [UNIQUE] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • QuakeLive-Best Fps EVAH!
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2010, 16:08 »
imo u should quit playing dota

God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals