Poll

What option will make the game more interesting for you:

Better video settings
HD model remakes for the heroes
HD environment remake (terrain, trees, water)
HD models for creeps (neutral included)
HD skills' buffs
New icons
New audio for heroes' response
HD models for buildings (racks, twrs, shops)
All from above
None. The game is perfect as it is

Author Topic: W3 graphics update  (Read 17841 times)

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: W3 graphics update
« Reply #105 on: December 04, 2016, 23:11 »
Upload it and people will gradually report you the bugs, even icefrog has bugs up to this day after over 10 years of map development. You've been teasing us with all of the images here for so long now, i bet everyone want to try it out including me. I think everyone will be really happy if you could be more specific with the patch release date and time because it's been far too long already since the announcement.

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
  • Server Account: -Renovatio.
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] B&U staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] GFX Tournament Winner [UNIQUE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 2nd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2016, 09:58 »
Upload it and people will gradually report you the bugs, even icefrog has bugs up to this day after over 10 years of map development. You've been teasing us with all of the images here for so long now, i bet everyone want to try it out including me. I think everyone will be really happy if you could be more specific with the patch release date and time because it's been far too long already since the announcement.

hahahaha
"I'll make the fucker waste his time. That will teach him to mess around with me."
Already worked 80% of it and I know that maybe no one will try it but I've made it mostly for me so, dont worry, will be finished. About a specific release date: I'm not going to schedule myself. I will work on it when I want and I have time. Ty for keeping this topic updated.
Join GFX Competitions. Awards, titles, acces to private forum areas and more are given. Is fun.

Offline _xpam_

• Awards Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Tours staff member [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2016, 10:48 »
You must be grateful nab they are trying to offer a better game for us  but as you said  you are not playing here so why does this concern you ?

Offline Nexxus

• dota expert analytics department
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2016, 20:34 »
Why is there no option that says "Nothing, the game is absolute fucking dogshit and nothing will fix it."

Also why are you even making this, it's not like you're the warcraft 3 developer and you're thinking about making some changes for the game.

My opinion about this is, graphics are the most irrelevant part of a game, the gameplay is the most important part of a game, if you want a game to be more interesting you should make the gameplay more interesting.
Pretty lights and other bullshit attract mostly only idiots.

^ this, just go to dota 2 you fucks, why try to revive a dead game, in total there are around 60k people playing this, combined from original bnet servers, eurobnet, iccup and rgc.
original bnet has around 40k people, iccup has around 10-11k, rgc around 5-6k, eurobattle.net ~1k

Offline crazymurderer

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • chin choppa chin choppaa
  • Awards Mirana Wars Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: December 06, 2016, 10:07 »
Just better mechanics and better hotkeys
#respect

Offline 1QuestioN!

• d^_^b
  • GFX Pro Member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Straight Out Of Line
  • Awards Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] Winner of 5 Photo Manipulation Contest [EPIC] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: December 06, 2016, 11:54 »
That is not how it works here.He really doing hes best but to be real he can do absolutely nothing.Myb he can send you the mod-patch to try on your own risk but to be oficially uploaded will NEVER happen.Probably will sell him story how ''mod can be imported but something is wrong with our system and if we upload in our system everything might be gone'' :'D

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] B&U staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] GFX Tournament Winner [UNIQUE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 2nd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: December 06, 2016, 12:11 »
That is not how it works here.He really doing hes best but to be real he can do absolutely nothing.Myb he can send you the mod-patch to try on your own risk but to be oficially uploaded will NEVER happen.Probably will sell him story how ''mod can be imported but something is wrong with our system and if we upload in our system everything might be gone'' :'D

It will never be used oficially. I will upload it in my google drive and give the link to the ones that wanna try it. This was the idea from the beginning. Anyway, it cant be implemented somehow since we are talking about the game. The only thing that can be implemented here is the map but that one will be slighty modified and there is no need to implement it. Who wants a complete visual makeover can just replace the current map with the one modified by me, it will work. Tnx for support, 1question; I'm rlly doing my best.  :)
Join GFX Competitions. Awards, titles, acces to private forum areas and more are given. Is fun.

Offline cyb

• GFX Pro Member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: cyb
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Photo Manipulation Contest [RARE] Archer Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Challenges of the Week [EPIC] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Leshrac 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Dealing with multiple GFX requests [EPIC] Patreon Supporter [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: December 18, 2016, 08:35 »
If you have time today contact me on facebook so we can try upload terrain and 2-3 heros.

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: December 18, 2016, 10:01 »
If you have time today contact me on facebook so we can try upload terrain and 2-3 heros.

I am uploading the unfinished mod for someone. 1.4GB in 5 parts, if you or someone else want it just PM me but, I repeat, is unfinished. Still working on it. I will help you later. Terrain is tricky, it will take some time, will see. Choose what heroes will be replaced.

Offline cyb

• GFX Pro Member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Server Account: cyb
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Photo Manipulation Contest [RARE] Archer Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Challenges of the Week [EPIC] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] The Predator Tour Winner [RARE] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Leshrac 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Dealing with multiple GFX requests [EPIC] Patreon Supporter [RARE] Winner of 5 Daily Tours [COMMON] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: December 18, 2016, 10:59 »

I am uploading the unfinished mod for someone. 1.4GB in 5 parts, if you or someone else want it just PM me but, I repeat, is unfinished. Still working on it. I will help you later. Terrain is tricky, it will take some time, will see. Choose what heroes will be replaced.
I want terrain like that one,heroes: pudge and try to fix my invoker :D

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2016, 17:01 »
I've uploaded unfinished version of the DotA HD mod mostly for feedback (bug reporting and suggestions).
Some users already downloaded it. If you wish to test it do not focus on the models sizes. Some are to small, others to big. After I will finish replacing all the models I will rescale them properly.
I repeat: unfinished, for testing.

To avoid problems and to help me keeping count of how many users want to use it, please, send me PM and I will give you Dlinks.

The mod has a total of 1.4 GB splited in 5 archive parts. Instructions will be given via PM (is easy).

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2017, 18:23 »
Soon, the server will update Warcraft 3 (to 1.27b patch) and it seems that the mod compiled by me will not work on it. The unfinished version is uploaded for some time now and will work with 1.27a patch but I dont need testing for it anymore because I had to start remaking it. If you wish to try it or if you want to try to finish it and adapt it to the new patch just let me know and I will give you the download links. Ty Salih and sorry for wasting your time.

I've remade it and, for now, is uploaded with only hero models replacements. It seems that an overall update (environment, spell effects, buildings, etc) can cause lag on slow computers. This current version works fine on any computer that can support Warcraft 3. It was created on the 1.27b patch but it should work on 1.27a as well. Let me know if you have problems using it with the current patch and I will upload a version for 1.27a too.

The mod is archived in 3 parts (1x300 MB, 1x300MB, 1x189MB). It contains the 2 main archives/mpq of the game: war3.mpq & war3x.mpq

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Backup your war3.mpq & war3x.mpq files (Warcraft III directory)
2. Copy-paste the ones from me (after you extract them) in the Warcraft III directory.
You can switch back by replacing those 2 files with the originals (the ones that you backed-up).

Please, send me PM if you wish to download it so I can know for how many users I will waste my time finishing the mod. I will give the links via PM. If there will be many users interested then I will ask permission from administration to paste the Download links here.

Spoiler for Models (for heroes) replaced with HD ones:
Kunkka
Magina
Rylai
Rexxar
Sniper
Ench
Yurnero
Puck
Sylla
Chen
Omni
Luna
Ezalor
Pandaren Brew.
Sven
Furion
Silencer
Tauren Chief.
Mirana
Troll
Windrunner
Gyro
Thrall
Traxex
Ogre
Lanaya
Techies
Phoenix
Rhasta
Axe
Stryg
Lucifer
Krob
Nerubian assassin
Morted
Pit
Terrorblade
Pudge
Magnus
Invoker
Leshrac
Earth Spirit

Some neutral creeps
Necromancer (scourge creep)
Leragas the Vile shop
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 18:33 by Renovatio »

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: February 06, 2017, 11:59 »
I see that some guys are still voting here. I had only 4 users requesting it so I will stop, there is no point. If someone wants to finish it I am ok with it (I dont own the models anyway).

Links for the unfinished mod [+bugs] (patch 1.27a):

Links for the playable unfinished mod [only hero models replaced and not all of them] (patch 1.27b):

Offline AlfaRomeo

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: February 06, 2017, 12:07 »
I'm not sure if my post is off topic. But is it possible to have the graphics scale correctly when changing the game video resolution from say 1024x768 (square) to 1280x720 (wide)?

All i'm looking for is to make use of my widescreen monitor while still being able to see the game graphics scale correctly in the available pixels (instead of appearing squishy).

Sorry if this was already requested or if you can't implement it.

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: February 06, 2017, 12:18 »
I'm not sure if my post is off topic. But is it possible to have the graphics scale correctly when changing the game video resolution from say 1024x768 (square) to 1280x720 (wide)?

All i'm looking for is to make use of my widescreen monitor while still being able to see the game graphics scale correctly in the available pixels (instead of appearing squishy).

Sorry if this was already requested or if you can't implement it.

I dont have a clue how to do that, sorry. I had an app that was allowing me to customize the game's resolution; maybe that can solve your problem. I will try to find it and send you a link to it.