Poll

What option will make the game more interesting for you:

Better video settings
HD model remakes for the heroes
HD environment remake (terrain, trees, water)
HD models for creeps (neutral included)
HD skills' buffs
New icons
New audio for heroes' response
HD models for buildings (racks, twrs, shops)
All from above
None. The game is perfect as it is

Author Topic: W3 graphics update  (Read 17872 times)

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
  • Server Account: -Renovatio.
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] B&U staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] GFX Tournament Winner [UNIQUE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 2nd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: W3 graphics update
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2016, 16:02 »
So this is just like that "warcraft 3 to dota 2" thingy, it's more of a theme than a "patch". Isnt this already out for those who want it?

After all the questions you asked and after all the answears I gave I am now sure that you arent to smart. You will find all the info that you want by reading what I wrote till now. I will not bother replying at your useless questions when you dont understand the answears anyway. Maybe you are trying to annoy me but you are making a fool of yourself.
Join GFX Competitions. Awards, titles, acces to private forum areas and more are given. Is fun.

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] B&U staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] GFX Tournament Winner [UNIQUE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 2nd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2016, 16:12 »
I fixed trees size for the Sentinel and now I'm fixing the terrain. I think I'll have it done in max 7 days and will be shared with the few of you that want it. I will make 2 versions: one with overall modifications and max video settings and one with just hero's models replaced and the current video settings of the game (for slow computers). It may be on the like of a handul of players, bcs I'm editing in my way, but, then again, I had just 15 voters till now -1 (me) and -6 that thinks the game looks perfect as it is.
Join GFX Competitions. Awards, titles, acces to private forum areas and more are given. Is fun.

Offline ClaraSchuman

• “Behind every successful fortune there is a crime"
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • “Never let anyone know what you are thinking.”
  • Server Account: ClaraShuman
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] The Weakest Link Tour Winner [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Hungry Hungry Felhounds Tournament [RARE] Winner Winner of 1 Photo Manipulation Contest [COMMON] Winner of 3 Photoshop Challenge Contests [RARE] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Leshrac 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • “A man who doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.”
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2016, 18:20 »
@reno try to make more song(music) for game.. and try to change voice of heroes..
"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse..
Great men are not born great, they grow great..”

“Revenge is a dish that tastes best when served cold..”

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2016, 18:51 »
@reno try to make more song(music) for game.. and try to change voice of heroes..

I fixed the terrain and the trees. I've remade the textures for cliffs to fit the map's custom tileset (that's why it had those lines near cliffs). Now I am trying to replace the blight from Scourge side. Abour the sound: I will need sound files for heroes. Music will be left as it is but I can replace the "special" song with something else, just for fun. I need suggestions for music.

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2016, 19:00 »
Add this song to your patch thingy, it will be a dream come true for me

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2016, 19:32 »
Add this song to your patch thingy, it will be a dream come true for me

You can be serious and pick another song that you like. I will put it in the archive. I mean it.

Offline dotADRENALiNE

• Pro Member
  • Stare into the abyss
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2016, 22:59 »
The files to make Warcraft 3 DotA look like DOTA 2 are released since years, you can just google to find them and to use them, there are tutorials on the internet.

If you release the same files I bet you spent time making them and not trying to look badass on LA
More easy it would be to understand the Morse code than this guys English !
i see commy's mom in the voting options, i vote.

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2016, 23:45 »
The files to make Warcraft 3 DotA look like DOTA 2 are released since years, you can just google to find them and to use them, there are tutorials on the internet.

If you release the same files I bet you spent time making them and not trying to look badass on LA

Read at least my 1st topic before you reply. You have screenshots here (a lot of them) and all the info that you need. You just need to watch for 2-3 min what is going on here.

I repeat myself for the 3-4th time (I lost track). This models and textures are created and are upgrades to the original W3 models. All belong to a W3 mod that works fine for the campaigns but it doesnt fits for dota.
-trees are to big (you cant see shit because of them)
-there are models for 97% of the heroes (and creeps) but for some heroes the filepath directs to the old models
-terrain is messed up because DotA has custom tileset: cliffs texture doesnt fit the ground texture next to them, for this reason you can see some lines all over the map (near cliffs)
-Scourge Throne missing
-Scourge rax textures doesnt fit the rest of the buildings
-Pudge doesnt have hook (the skill animation doesnt have a model for the hook)
-Undy get 10x bigger than any other hero when he goes ulti
-Void is to big, Sniper is to short; most of the models need rescaling and this is the hardest part because I must take every model and edit it
-Crow courier is a unit (druid of the talon)
-some spell animations doesnt fit the models
-I need to take every single hero and use his skills to check that all is ok
This are just some of the bugs that I discovered yesterday. I am pretty sure that there are many more.

The guy that created the mod made it for the campaigns and standard games, not for custom maps like dota. There is a DotA 2 mod on the internet that works fine but I dont want DotA 2 mod. I have DotA 2 installed in PC and I dont even play it. DotA 2 modifies all in a complete new game. This mod just upgrades the old classic W3. You have screenshots in my first post. There are many W3 mods on the internet but this is the only one that is pro made and sticks to the original. You will find it, among other W3 mods, here: http://www.moddb.com/

I repeat for the last time: I'm fixing a W3 mod so it can work for DotA.

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2016, 00:26 »
@dotADRENALiNE- in case other users thinks the same like you:

Today I fixed the trees from Sentinel side and some from the Scourge.
Trees where for Ashenvale and, for some reason, they were scaled so big that the entire map looked like a jungle, as you can see in some screenshot that I posted in a earlier post. I've extracted some tree models meant for Lordareon and Cityscape and I replaced with them those from Ashenvale. I tried many models to get a good design (those trees mixed togheter may look bad) and I think I still have to get 1 more model replaced so it looks nice. I done this by editing the w3.mpq with, ofc, MPQ Editor tool.

For terrain: i extracted the texture for cliffs (dirt and grass variations), then I extracted the texture for Felwood (map's basic tileset). Coverted them in bitmap. Croped pieces from tileset textures and remade with them the textures for cliffs. I converted the new cliffs texture back to .blp and imported it in the w3 archive replacing the old ones. Now the lines are no longer there because the c;iffs have now the same texture as the ground next to them.

Spoiler for Terrain:

Spoiler for trees:

Some of the heroes to see what I was talking about:
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline dotADRENALiNE

• Pro Member
  • Stare into the abyss
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2016, 00:29 »

Trees where for Ashenvale and, for some reason, they were scaled so big that the entire map looked like a jungle, as you can see in some screenshot that I posted in a earlier post. I've extracted some tree models meant for Lordareon and Cityscape and I replaced with them those from Ashenvale. I tried many models to get a good design (those trees mixed togheter may look bad) and I think I still have to get 1 more model replaced so it looks nice. I done this by editing the w3.mpq with, ofc, MPQ Editor tool.

For terrain: i extracted the texture for cliffs (dirt and grass variations), then I extracted the texture for Felwood (map's basic tileset). Coverted them in bitmap. Croped pieces from tileset textures and remade with them the textures for cliffs. I converted the new cliffs texture back to .blp and imported it in the w3 archive replacing the old ones. Now the lines are no longer there because the c;iffs have now the same texture as the ground next to them.

Spoiler for Terrain:

Spoiler for trees:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Oh, interesting. You are doing something DracoLich has already done for his 6.86 map... The Alpha version is out, if you need it PM me I can send it to you.
More easy it would be to understand the Morse code than this guys English !
i see commy's mom in the voting options, i vote.

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2016, 00:49 »

Spoiler for Terrain:

Spoiler for trees:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Oh, interesting. You are doing something DracoLich has already done for his 6.86 map... The Alpha version is out, if you need it PM me I can send it to you.

You are talking bullshit. I'm not editing the map, I cant edit the map. I am editing the W3 game. The map gets it's files from the game's archives. By replacing a texture in the game's archive that the maps uses it you will get that texture in the map. The maps graphic elements (imported directly into the map) are: Lancer's model, that christmas tree, hats, items as gifts and probably one more thing. All that you see in DotA are in fact W3 resources. DotA is just a bunch of scripts in a simple map. I dont think Dracol1ch is importing his own resources in the map. It takes to longer, to much work and the map will have more than 1GB size. You are talking bullshit bcs I'm pretty sure that Draclo1ch didnt fixed a W3 mod to work for dota in his map xD. I am doing something that he already done? What? He is editing the map, I am editing a W3 mod got from the internet. Most of your posts on this forum are just rubbish, rlly.

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2016, 08:39 »
I don't get it why you had to open this drama thread about something like this. On my experience those who want to do something for a community they just simply do it, they don't go around and tell everyone that they'll do something. Not to even mention that what you want to do is not as big as you are making it seem, it's not like you are building a space ship to visit the moon. You are simply replacing the current warcraft 3 units with another ones, which has been done before. Why do you need to go around and tell people about something like this, it's not like you are designing brand new units, those units are already made and you are simply replacing them with the current ones and you give it a fancy name such as "patch".
Just finish what you do and post it here, whoever wants to try it will dl it and that's about it.

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2016, 09:44 »
I don't get it why you had to open this drama thread about something like this. On my experience those who want to do something for a community they just simply do it, they don't go around and tell everyone that they'll do something. Not to even mention that what you want to do is not as big as you are making it seem, it's not like you are building a space ship to visit the moon. You are simply replacing the current warcraft 3 units with another ones, which has been done before. Why do you need to go around and tell people about something like this, it's not like you are designing brand new units, those units are already made and you are simply replacing them with the current ones and you give it a fancy name such as "patch".
Just finish what you do and post it here, whoever wants to try it will dl it and that's about it.

Again you look like a idiot bcs you are posting without reading. You could at least read my 1st topic (after the poll).  You dont even know what is a "patch" but you keep giving your opinion about it. "Just do it"? Only a moron will start wasting so many hours to make soemthing for someone without asking first if he should make it and how he should make it so that "someone" can enjoy using it. I made this topic for feeback (your feedback). Except the game's scripts (functionality) I can change everything, I;ve got all the resources I need on the internet. I'm pretty sure that the mod's creator took resources from others and compiled them in a brand new archive, it can be all his work, a single hero model needs weeks of work for making it from scratch and the archive has hundreds of models (heroes, buildings, creeps, trees, props, etc). I was hoping that I will get enough votes so I know on what I should focus from those options bcs I dont think that users will enjoy a total remake, mby most of them just want new hero models and nothing more. Also I wanted to see if people want it so I wont work for nothing. I didnt got enough feedback but I decided to make it anyway because I searched the net and found out that there are a shitload of topics about improving DotA 2 graphics or mod requests for it. If players got bored of DotA 2 look just imagine DotA 1 players. This topic was simple: it had a title, a poll, a description with reasons and screenshots, the rest of "the drama" was for slow-minded users like you and dotadrenaline. If I delete your posts and my replies then the "drama" is gone. I am still waiting feedback from other users.

You are simply replacing the current warcraft 3 units with another ones, which has been done before.
There is nothing simple here, this isnt the only thing I'm doing it and it was done before but not for DotA. You will find a DotA 1 to DotA2 mod but you wont find a mod that just upgrades the original DotA.

I am not creating the units but I need to edit them so I can re-scale and isnt as simple as just clicking a zoom in/out button. The models can also be scaled from the maps settings but I'm not editing the map.

"Fancy name as patch" -- what is a patch, Jean?
We are talking about a software that is fixing bugs and improves the game: this is a patch. What I am doing? I am fixing the bugs that the mod creates them in DotA and making one app that install it in the W3 directory, affecting war3.mpq, war3x.mpq, war3patch.mpq and war3xlocal.mpq by replacing most of its resources. Basically the patch was supposed to inject the new files and paths in the old archives but since the files are already imported in the archives that I got (the mod) and 80% of their content is modified the app will replace the old archives.

You do not know about I am talking about (even if I provided you more than enough info) but you keep giving your opinion: only idiots do such things. The only thing that made you consider this thread to be some attention seeker/drama thread is the fact that you are doing this kind of things. You thought "Why is this guy doing this?", you got the ansewar by replacing yourself with me ("Why I would do it If I was him?") => "Ohh, he seeks attention like a do every single day in 90% of my posts."

You make a fool of yourself but, dont worry, I look like a idiot too, because I am giving you so much attention. I felt compelled to give all the info and to clarify this things since you are a old member here and others reads your replies.

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2016, 13:04 »
Do you have the slightest idea how immature and childish you sound for calling people "idiots" for giving their opinion?
In the end you probably won't do anything and say some bullshit like "I didn't receive enough feedback and jeandarc hurt my feelings". You are not the first nor the last person i've seen going in public revealing their "project" and in the end doing nothing.

Offline brownsugarjr

• Ta Mère
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2016, 13:45 »
Ey man, just wanna say it's a neat idea. I really liked some of the graphics update 6.85  had in comparison with 6.83. I've looked through some things you posted and some I liked some I didn't.  For me it is more about the gameplay but as I said some graphic updates are always welcome. I'll be checking your progress out. Good job and don't mind these keyboard gangsters. They be all day behind a desk hating on a dude, they are too irrelevant ..
Miracle Fan, rooting for Liquid at TI