Poll

Should LagAbuse switch to DracoLich's DotA Allstars 6.85k as the ladder map?

Yes
40 (48.8%)
No
42 (51.2%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Author Topic: Why aren't we using DracoLich's DotA 6.85k?  (Read 35561 times)

Offline dotADRENALiNE

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
  • Stare into the abyss
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Why aren't we using DracoLich's DotA 6.85k?
« on: April 03, 2016, 23:04 »
It is out for ages, other clients are using it, it offers the same stuff we are probably going to get after 1-2 years from IceFrog, or maybe we won't even get it, because he seems to have quit on updating DotA after he realized DracoLich will do that for him. The map features a whole lot of things which DOTA 2 has, but IceFrog doesn't want to implement to DotA.
List:
You don't have to drop items for the damn courier to upgrade them, its done just like in DOTA 2, without fucking engine limitations.
All the items are fine and working, along with the new ones added.
You can see the Net Worth of someone looking at the Circle of Power.
You can have your courier pinged from the Circle of Power, although if you bind it just like I do this is useless.
Zoom options, -apzo, you can adjust the camera distance just like in DOTA 2.
Updated effects for skills, including items too (BKB is almost the same as in DOTA 2 and it doesn't take the whole damn screen)
You can setup items in your inventory while they are on cooldown, instead of waiting for no reason.
Bottling a rune works just like in DOTA 2, you don't have to click on the bottle, just right-click the rune.
Here are his thoughts on the new 6.86 and how it is actually uncodeable in the WC3 Engine: http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1466987
I see no reason not to play on 6.85k, IceFrog will not release any newer version, he decided to stop the parity between the two games a long time ago, LagAbuse should stop waiting.
More easy it would be to understand the Morse code than this guys English !
i see commy's mom in the voting options, i vote.

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Why aren't we using DracoLich's DotA 6.85k?
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2016, 23:22 »
k.

Offline dotADRENALiNE

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
  • Stare into the abyss
    • View Profile
    • Awards
More easy it would be to understand the Morse code than this guys English !
i see commy's mom in the voting options, i vote.

Offline cen

• Eurobattle.net Admin
  • WickedSick Member
  • Lok'tar Ogar
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] MVP Member [LEGENDARY]
    • View Profile
    • EuroBattle.net
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2016, 09:46 »
I don't personally care but if people want this map we should have a giant poll where everyone can vote to either stay on official map or switch. Thoughts?

Offline AGENT

• Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • DODJI UKLJUCI !!!
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winning 5 seasons of Football Betting [LEGENDARY] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 20 Daily Tours [EPIC] Winner of 5 MadBalls Tours [LEGENDARY] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Tours staff member [RARE] Winner of Admins Cup [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Challenge Accepted [RARE] Deer Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2016, 09:57 »
Switch !

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2016, 10:36 »
If you make a poll here, most of the votes will be from staff.
The rest will be like 5 more players...

Signature by Rocka

Offline div.ide

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Forum staff member [RARE] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2016, 10:49 »
Well, you could temporarily add some kind of a !voteupdate [yes/no] command available for everyone in la channel and do some server-wide announcements to get people to vote. Give it several days, maybe a week to collect data directly from players, and use that as point of reference.
01010111 01100101 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 01100101 00101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110010 01100100 00101110

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2016, 11:01 »
On the other hand, why vote?

If you ask ppl if they want old or new, updated map, guess what the answer will be.

Signature by Rocka

guest49825

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2016, 11:23 »
Deer doesn't like this idea. Deer, like some else players, spent some time to learn doto with all of these bugs and non-comfortable stuff.
Here are many nuances, that requires time to learn.
   Novice/medium skilled player can't just click and target some hero like veno/atropos;

He can't perform long/curved/splitted hook, backarrow and such.

He has no idea where are trees that he should never try to chop/eat from some angles.

He can't just use courier transfer to autocombine all items/recipes, cause he has no idea about item ordering in transfer action.

He likely will try multiple times to run away from axe which called him; Cause he has no freaking idea about triggering things in wc3;

In other words here is many stuff (i wrote few only, because of deer army) that requires spending time, getting experience by facing anything first time and trying to solve it by doing something. Sometimes you can solve it fast, sometimes you have to make 999 different mistakes to get the correct solve.
And i don't fucking want to get new map, cause I will have to just forget everything related to wc3 doto nuances. This knowledge what i was collecting for years may just go right into trash. :/
For those who don't want to read large post:
Hey, players, if you want to play updated doto, maybe try playing doto2? Also deer you for this choise.
And i don't give any deer about your pc's power.

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2016, 11:38 »
So you don't want updated map because you had to spend some time to learn how current version works, thus you now have advantage over players who have spend less time and with new map you'd lose this advantege?

Signature by Rocka

Offline div.ide

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Forum staff member [RARE] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2016, 14:34 »
And this is precisely why a vote was suggested. To see what do those "some else players" think. You're entitled to have your own opinion, but so are others, and they should not be deprived of choice because of a vocal minority.

I could go on a tangent why your argumentation doesn't hold ground well, but that's beside the point, and - as I've been reminded - significant part of local community doesn't have wide enough attention span for reading elaborate posts.
01010111 01100101 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 01100101 00101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110010 01100100 00101110

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2016, 14:55 »
1. Staff tests the map
2. The map is the same as the one used in d2
3. Upload the map
4. ???
5. Players will whine for about a month cuz cave people don't like changes
6. ???
7. Profit.

Offline buldozer

• Pro Member
  • kuda ide ovaj svet ?
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2016, 17:54 »
No new map, stay on icefrog.

Fcu dracholine .

When icefrog upd 84 or 85 we gona play it.

Have fun.

Offline ext4zy

• Advanced Member
  • I hate everyfucking stupid human in this world.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2016, 18:07 »
No new map, stay on icefrog.

Fcu dracholine .

When icefrog upd 84 or 85 we gona play it.

Have fun.
you really think icefrog will update the new map
I have a clue he won't You know why ? because Volvo doesn't want people to play still Doto1 if Icefrog starts to update the maps , i think the number of the players might be up a lot , because a lot of people don't want the doto2 , i'm talking about oldschool players in my country , city a lot of them i see they are playing doto1 with their friends and ofcourse we want an update of the map who doesn't i have talk like 50-60 people who play doto1 they all say who doesn't want it i mean people here in our city always get excited when the new map is out i too! :)
Be polite; write diplomatically; even in a declaration of war one observes the rules of politeness.
Read more at 
You get that shit right

Offline Lagi

• "Unnecessary manager of irregular transactions"
  • Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Hacks staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] 2nd Place of GFX Special Event #1 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2016, 19:05 »
He updated it like 2 times after d2, so Volvo most likely dont give a single shit about it. War3 doto is not a concurrency for valve at all. He just simply doing the updates rarely, cause icefrog don't really give a single shit either :D (sooner or later it will be pushed over the engine limits and stuff and it will be officially over of d1 updates, but it still can have a few happy years i think)
I know what I stand for;
I STAND FOR ME!!!

Þetta er það lengsta sem ég fer.
Aldrei aftur samur maður er.
Ljóta leiðin heillar nú á ný,
daginn sem ég lífið aftur flý.