Author Topic: Appropriate Dota modes (ranked) on LA bots  (Read 1504 times)

Offline 811

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Appropriate Dota modes (ranked) on LA bots
« on: March 29, 2016, 00:35 »
So I got bored of same stuff and want to try more different modes such as -mi ( mini heroes ) -dm ( deatmatch ).But as I recall these modes cannot be hosted with !pub command ; meaning PSR wont be lost or won.I checked the forum to see what I can do different , but couldnt find such a topic.

Also , why -mi is not appropriate? its only smaller heroes.@admins change this if you can.

Edit : Change on topic name.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 00:36 by 811 »

Offline dotADRENALiNE

• Pro Member
  • Stare into the abyss
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Appropriate Dota modes (ranked) on LA bots
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 00:47 »
Harder to see heroes.
Pls make EM unranked wtf is this shit instapick 5 carries and get psr for afk gold
More easy it would be to understand the Morse code than this guys English !
i see commy's mom in the voting options, i vote.

Offline 811

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 01:45 »
I dont think its much different.So what if its harder to see heroes ,you cant adapt to that ? thats lame.people who dont like dont have to play anyway.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 03:24 by 811 »

guest49825

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 06:27 »
don't be dumbdeer, -mi doesn't look like a competitive mode
better ask for cm/cd finally

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 10:18 »
For different DotA modes, you need to host it as custom game.

http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php/topic,40.0.html

Signature by Rocka

Offline dotADRENALiNE

• Pro Member
  • Stare into the abyss
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 19:14 »
So I got bored of same stuff and want to try more different modes such as -mi ( mini heroes ) -dm ( deatmatch ).But as I recall these modes cannot be hosted with !pub command ; meaning PSR wont be lost or won.I checked the forum to see what I can do different , but couldnt find such a topic.

Also , why -mi is not appropriate? its only smaller heroes.@admins change this if you can.

Edit : Change on topic name.
I tried to change some things related with EM games and new ladder modes.
My idea was to be 2 different leagues on Lagabuse, 1 for normal mode and 1 for easy mode, so 2x Ladders instead of single one http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/stats/ . Idea was denied without thinking about it, so probably that won't happen in this life.
About game modes, official modes are: ap ; ar ; sd ; rd ; cd ; cm  + em
I wanted to test next modes but result was same like for different leagues - read up:
dm - deathmatch
du  - duplicate mode - same hero can be used by 2 or more players in game
cp - capture point >> this sounds very interesting for me, but I never tried that mode
sc  - super creeps every 10 minutes
fr - fast respawn
mi - mini heroes >> maybe this mode should not be official if heroes are really hard to see on the map.

Some other cool commands with which we can have much more fun:
aa - all agility
ai - all intelligence
as - all strenght
mo - melee only
ro - ranged only

om - only mid
nt - no top
nm - no mid
nb - no down

http://www.playdota.com/learn/commands

EM should be unrated. You get gold for staying in base and buy a damn Rapier at minute 5. How the fuck is this related to skill and to farm ??
You get more gold if you don't block creeps and auto attack because the tower takes way too much damage and it deals 0.

Offline 811

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 23:06 »
I request testing with deatmatch and capturepoint modes.By trying these two for a short time , we will be able to assess the players' reaction and desire to play such modes.How can we know the result without trying? In my opinion such modes will bring diversity and options to have fun.How bad can it be really? By the way I know I can create such modes via custom game option.But that doesnt make sense to me.Still better teamwork will win.

Also , people simply doesnt play if no point change involved , not because the modes are bad.So give them their '' so important little points'' and lets see what happens.I think this case needs a touch.I demand a reply from an admin who has power on this.

Offline dotADRENALiNE

• Pro Member
  • Stare into the abyss
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 23:11 »
I request testing with deatmatch and capturepoint modes.By trying these two for a short time , we will be able to assess the players' reaction and desire to play such modes.How can we know the result without trying? In my opinion such modes will bring diversity and options to have fun.How bad can it be really? By the way I know I can create such mo
des via custom game option.But that doesnt make sense to me.Still better teamwork will win.

Also , people simply doesnt play if no point change involved , not because the modes are bad.So give them their '' so important little points'' and lets see what happens.I think this case needs a touch.I demand a reply from an admin who has power on this.

Great, more luck dependence in the lagabuse.com games. Now it will be impossible to play balanced with any PSR range, the reason simply being PSR being won by pathetic EM games or DM.

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2016, 00:35 »
Test it in custom games, you can do that whenever you want. I believe you can gather enough ppl.

But mode like deathmatch (same as few more, like em or ar) shouldn't be ranked imo. Too much luck included.

Signature by Rocka

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2016, 10:28 »
I remember in the early playdota.eu days (right after partidilla) all of dota modes were included in ranked games and it was disastrous... The host would simply add some unbalanced modes which would ruin the games.

It's highly unlikely that any other mode will be added in the ranked games at the moment.