Author Topic: Tournament challenges  (Read 37414 times)

Offline Hagarath

• Wretched Mortal !
    • View Profile
    • Awards
If man were meant to fly, he would have been born with wings"

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
  • Awards Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Uther Party Tours Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Tournament challenges
« Reply #166 on: May 13, 2016, 18:52 »
http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?action=gameinfo;sa=game;gid=5926908
50+ deny challenge
read rules dude
only 1600+ games count

Joan of arc completed challenge with 6 players under 1600, mine had less such players, so either mine will be accepted as well or his won't simple as that :D

Those are completed in the previous season, i clearly said to add a new rule "games must be played from the time the last season started". Points will simply from zero when a new season start and you cant reapply with the same game in the upcoming season because of the new rule which can be added as i mentioned above.

Its boring to repeat challenges we've already completed. Maybe only challenges that nobody completed in season 1 can be added. But still I'm against it.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 18:58 by Akuma »
I was confused with this, and it was not only once, but it happens from time to time to /w wrong bot. If it was changed to la-custom or custom-la everyone would understand why is like that. But like this you must to read on forum to understand, even if you don't understand..

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #167 on: May 13, 2016, 19:14 »
My game was 1604 psr game, your game was 1580 psr. I wouldnt even bother wasting my time finishing a challenge otherwise.

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
  • Awards Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Uther Party Tours Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #168 on: May 13, 2016, 19:24 »
My game was 1604 psr game, your game was 1580 psr. I wouldnt even bother wasting my time finishing a challenge otherwise.

I entered game with my 1650 account - if I entered with my 1740 it would be over 1600 for sure but balance would probably be shit.
I was confused with this, and it was not only once, but it happens from time to time to /w wrong bot. If it was changed to la-custom or custom-la everyone would understand why is like that. But like this you must to read on forum to understand, even if you don't understand..

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: May 13, 2016, 20:10 »
All players must be 1600 or more for it to count, not just the average, everyone.

Offline LexMonster

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
  • Server Account: Lexy
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Signature of the Week Contest [RARE] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #170 on: May 13, 2016, 21:20 »
i mean, can we get points from finishing challenges from season 1?
Not at the moment. But if most of you agree, I guess I can allow it.
I'm just trying not to say it directly to Lex, I want Lex to realize that he can add the previous challenges to this one by adding one more rule "Game must be played from the time season 2 started".

We get more challenges, Lexy doesn't have to worry that much about adding new challenges, it's a win-win situation.

Not possible because some of us already completed few of those challenges and can't get points (again) for it. But you can complete them for fun... Also there is a suggestion topic I don't know why do you open discussion here (again)
Indeed. But maybe we can change the rule so everyone can do challenges from season one, even those who already completed it.

OR

Adding this rule: Completing a challenge from season one will give you only half of the original points (which is 0.25)
http://dota.eurobattle.net/la/forum/index.php?action=gameinfo;sa=game;gid=5926908
50+ deny challenge
read rules dude
only 1600+ games count
Correct.
I also forgot to check PSR of players from jean's game.. I will have to reduce jean's points...

Or, I can again introduce new rule: By completing a challenge in <1600 game, you get only half of the original points.

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #171 on: May 13, 2016, 23:08 »
I'm just trying not to say it directly to Lex, I want Lex to realize that he can add the previous challenges to this one by adding one more rule "Game must be played from the time season 2 started".

We get more challenges, Lexy doesn't have to worry that much about adding new challenges, it's a win-win situation.

Not possible because some of us already completed few of those challenges and can't get points (again) for it. But you can complete them for fun... Also there is a suggestion topic I don't know why do you open discussion here (again)
Indeed. But maybe we can change the rule so everyone can do challenges from season one, even those who already completed it.

OR

Adding this rule: Completing a challenge from season one will give you only half of the original points (which is 0.25)
50+ deny challenge
read rules dude
only 1600+ games count
Correct.
I also forgot to check PSR of players from jean's game.. I will have to reduce jean's points...

Or, I can again introduce new rule: By completing a challenge in <1600 game, you get only half of the original points.
1/4 would be better than half, its way too easy below 1600
same goes for doing challenges from past season, those are all way easier, so if u add rule to allow re-making of challenges from season 1 they should be 1/4 also, so this season's challenges have priority

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #172 on: May 13, 2016, 23:34 »

OR

50+ deny challenge
read rules dude
only 1600+ games count
Correct.

same goes for doing challenges from past season, those are all way easier, so if u add rule to allow re-making of challenges from season 1 they should be 1/4 also, so this season's challenges have priority

In the time of the day (night actually) I play its hard even to make game and you can dream of 1600+ :D

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #173 on: May 14, 2016, 05:18 »

OR

50+ deny challenge
read rules dude
only 1600+ games count
Correct.

In the time of the day (night actually) I play its hard even to make game and you can dream of 1600+ :D
Oh really.
That sounds so familiar, I wonder why ...
OH ! I remember ! Maybe because I was saying this exact same thing 1 month ago.

The rules since the start of it were 1600+ games, if you're going to change them after a couple of eons, the reward for below 1600 games should be drastically reduced.

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #174 on: May 14, 2016, 05:20 »
Or, don't change them at all, leave them as is.
There is one thing I know for sure though, this makes no sense:
jeandarc - 3
Common - 2
« Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 07:58 pm by LexMonster »

Because jean made those challenges in a below 1600 game, current rules say he should get 0 points for it.

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #175 on: May 14, 2016, 10:59 »
jeandarc - 3
Common - 2

Because jean made those challenges in a below 1600 game, current rules say he should get 0 points for it.

You clearly made your point, countless times already. We can see that my game wasn't a 1600+ one because i wasn't aware of this 1600+ rule, but that's not an excuse anyway, nevertheless i don't give a single crap.

Lexy reduce my points to 0 so this Common can finally sleep peacefuly.

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: May 14, 2016, 11:31 »
jeandarc - 3
Common - 2

You clearly made your point, countless times already. We can see that my game wasn't a 1600+ one because i wasn't aware of this 1600+ rule, but that's not an excuse anyway, nevertheless i don't give a single crap.

Lexy reduce my points to 0 so this Common can finally sleep peacefuly.
I don't understand why you are so butthurt, it clearly says 1600+ there. I would've finished more challenges and far sooner if I played below 1600 like you did, but I had to wait a million years in 1600+ lobbies to start games to get my points, you joined a random game and you want them ?
No, it doesn't work like that.

Offline LexMonster

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
  • Server Account: Lexy
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Winner of 3 Signature of the Week Contest [RARE] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #177 on: May 14, 2016, 12:40 »
Correct.

I already said that, but I wanted to discuss about that with you (active players) first.

Offline Hagarath

• Wretched Mortal !
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #178 on: May 14, 2016, 13:28 »
Correct.

Or, I can introduce new rule: By completing a challenge in <1600 game, you get only half of the original points.
I already said that, but I wanted to discuss about that with you (active players) first.

I completely agree with you. If you play a game that is below 1600 psr you would get less points, but i would make it like this. If 1 point is rewarded in a 1600 psr game, if one does the same challenge  below that psr he would get 0.25psr? Like common said 1/4 of the reward you get. Just my thoughts.
If man were meant to fly, he would have been born with wings"

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards