Author Topic: XMAS Tournaments  (Read 5581 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Topic Author
  • (Retired) LA Clan Chieftain
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
XMAS Tournaments
« on: December 22, 2014, 04:41 »
Xmas Special

25.12.2014 > 1vs1 Xmas Tournament
27.12.2014 > 2vs2 Xmas Tournament
29.12.2014 > 5vs5 Xmas Battleground

In coordination with GFX staff , some nice icons will be awarded to respected winners of 1vs1 & 2vs2 Tour.

And After The 29.12.2014 5vs5 Xmas Battleground , for the first time on LA , icons will be awarded to Battleground Winners.
Offcourse winner will get the Xmas Icon ( i will talk with GFX to give u some kickass icons ).

For 1vs1 / 2vs2 we will apply this system

REWARDS SYSTEM

Rewards will be forum icons and +PSR. The players will gain psr according to their current one.

1500PSR+ = Reward will be +120 PSR

1600PSR+ = Reward will be +100 PSR

1700PSR+ = Reward will be +80 PSR

1800PSR+ = Reward will be +60 PSR

1900PSR+ = Reward will be + 40 PSR

2000PSR+ = Reward will be +20 PSR

I am willing to see it thru bo3 all the way (until now only Finals were bo3 [bo1 regular]).

For 1vs1 and 2vs2 i was thinking to make it APOMNP.
To make it Intense [ we can discuss this here ] . Any modes you wanna play, you will get a chance.

I will keep updating this Topic until we get it to a Acceptable Level for all Gamers.

Happy Hollydays :)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 17:47 by Jimmy »

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: XMAS Tournaments
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 07:35 »
I am willing to see it thru bo3 all the way (until now only Finals were bo3 [bo1 regular]).

Bo3 all the way takes too much time (for everyone, maybe you are willing to do something like this but maybe others don't have time :) ), just do the finals bo3 if you want. (less number of people to work with, with which you most likely understand yourself easier too, so it's easier for you too)

Add sh on both, you may think it would be nice with runes, BUT this isn't dota 2, maphackers are everywhere (and you can't ban them either for just picking up rune correct like 5 times, it happens a lot to guess 5 times in a row), and even if there were no maphackers, it doesn't matter how good you time a "minipush" (your enemy might not even allow it) to go grab the rune if it just spawns the other way and your enemy goes there, why would you want to add luck, by adding luck you diminish the skill involved, and these tournaments should "decide" who is more skilled not more lucky at grabbing runes ... also some heroes are automatically infinitely better than others because they have some spell to go get rune faster, and if the mode is cd (which is the most balanced for 2v2), and there's only a single hero with some blink-like spell in the pool, then there's a clear advantage for first pick, either because the enemy is too stupid to ban it, or because the enemy "wastes" a ban.
TL;DR: -sh on both 1v1 and 2v2 is much better in dota 1 for many reasons.

For 1v1, apomshnp, and you really should decide on a hero, if you host ap ppl wait the other to pick to counterpick ;D, go some stylish 1v1 sf maybe.

For 2v2, -cdomshnp should be the best balanced one with the first 2 heroes picked on each side to be played to be played.
Spoiler for Hiden:
(in -cm there are way too many possibilities in a 2v2 so it automatically gives advantage to the second pick because he gets to see both the enemy heroes and has a very wide variety of heroes to counter them with the last pick)

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 07:39 »

Bo3 all the way takes too much time (for everyone, maybe you are willing to do something like this but maybe others don't have time :) ), just do the finals bo3 if you want. (less number of people to work with, with which you most likely understand yourself easier too, so it's easier for you too)

Add sh on both, you may think it would be nice with runes, BUT this isn't dota 2, maphackers are everywhere (and you can't ban them either for just picking up rune correct like 5 times, it happens a lot to guess 5 times in a row), and even if there were no maphackers, it doesn't matter how good you time a "minipush" (your enemy might not even allow it) to go grab the rune if it just spawns the other way and your enemy goes there, why would you want to add luck, by adding luck you diminish the skill involved, and these tournaments should "decide" who is more skilled not more lucky at grabbing runes ... also some heroes are automatically infinitely better than others because they have some spell to go get rune faster, and if the mode is cd (which is the most balanced for 2v2), and there's only a single hero with some blink-like spell in the pool, then there's a clear advantage for first pick, either because the enemy is too stupid to ban it, or because the enemy "wastes" a ban.
TL;DR: -sh on both 1v1 and 2v2 is much better in dota 1 for many reasons.

For 1v1, apomshnp, and you really should decide on a hero, if you host ap ppl wait the other to pick to counterpick ;D, go some stylish 1v1 sf maybe.

For 2v2, -cdomshnp should be the best balanced one with the first 2 heroes picked on each side to be played to be played.
Spoiler for Hiden:
(in -cm there are way too many possibilities in a 2v2 so it automatically gives advantage to the second pick because he gets to see both the enemy heroes and has a very wide variety of heroes to counter them with the last pick)
Haha, I just made a big, almost pointless post :D I thought you didn't want to add NP, I confused sh with NP :D:D:D I just woke up.

Anyway, 1v1 apomshnp with some decided hero, 2v2 cdomnp, and bo3 only finals imo.

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards Best B&U mod of the month 5 times [LEGENDARY] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA High Staff [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend Advisor Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] IHRL Member [RARE] Best Tours mod of the month 3 times in a row [EPIC] VIP Member [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] B&U staff member [RARE] Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Best Hacks Moderator of the month [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 14:36 »
What about removing the /Same Hero/
Who gets the first pick can be decided on -roll[Higher roller gets the 1st Pick].
Since every hero can be countered, Roller will just get the opportunity to get his Favourite hero?
Sincerly , i quess im sick of watching APSHOMNP every bloody time for the last Milion Years.
I was thinking of adding a little spice to it eh ?

Offline crazymurderer

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • chin choppa chin choppaa
  • Awards Mirana Wars Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 15:19 »
Who gets the first pick can be decided on -roll[Higher roller gets the 1st Pick].
Since every hero can be countered, Roller will just get the opportunity to get his Favourite hero?
Sincerly , i quess im sick of watching APSHOMNP every bloody time for the last Milion Years.

why not aromshnp ?

once we did with tr community and it was funny i won final wisp vs wisp xD
#respect

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 15:48 »
I understand that you are sick of apshomnp, but with that rolling etc the second pick will 99% win ... so it's boring that way. :D

If you want to "add a little spice" and remove the -sh, something interesting could be deciding on some heroes which are a quite balanced match-up, some STORM vs KUNKKA 1v1 apomnp tour for example, with bo3 each game (so each can get the chance to play the other hero), and if it's tied then another game with apomshnp sf vs sf game to decide the winner, since you wanted to try bo3 each game it can be nice like this, and kka vs storm is interesting since it's not too usual to see and it's quite balanced they both have potential to dominate the other. :)

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 15:50 »
Arshom is a Mode for AR 1vs1 Tours
Its been played on Lagabuse Many Many Times
Point is Not in AR or AP
Point is in Removing the SH for once.

Example : crazy in you oppinion , sky is best middle hero.
And i let u pick it , and i couter it with lets say Puck.

Since its bo3,  In my opinion , Oracle is best middle hero.
And in match numero duo , you have a chance to counter it with your hero of Choice.

Same Goes for 2vs2 , Captain thinks [Again Example] Huskar and Dazzle are best combo.
And i think Tide and Magnus can Counter them, and when i lose , i pick the next one. Etc.

Roll will just decide who gets the first pick in the First game. In 2nd game , other Team will pick first.

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2014, 15:59 »
Point is Not in AR or AP

And in match numero duo , you have a chance to counter it with your hero of Choice.

Same Goes for 2vs2 , Captain thinks [Again Example] Huskar and Dazzle are best combo.
And i think Tide and Magnus can Counter them, and when i lose , i pick the next one. Etc.

Roll will just decide who gets the first pick in the First game. In 2nd game , other Team will pick first.
If you want to make it bo3 each game, and both teams in both 1v1 and 2v2 will get to pick first, then why even bother wasting time with roll ? :D

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2014, 16:06 »
I understand that you are sick of apshomnp, but with that rolling etc the second pick will 99% win ... so it's boring that way. :D

If you want to "add a little spice" and remove the -sh, something interesting could be deciding on some heroes which are a quite balanced match-up, some STORM vs KUNKKA 1v1 apomnp tour for example, with bo3 each game (so each can get the chance to play the other hero), and if it's tied then another game with apomshnp sf vs sf game to decide the winner, since you wanted to try bo3 each game it can be nice like this, and kka vs storm is interesting since it's not too usual to see and it's quite balanced they both have potential to dominate the other. :)

Yeah , but i want to exclude the Option of me forcing a hero to the player.

I dont wanna limit the player for Storm vs Kunkka , and then even SF.

There are Still some Players in Dota1 , and our Tours count max 10-15 Players.

Someone plays Nort[Example] for most of the time in last Year or Two, for his own reason, maybe he thinks Nort is the most powerfull and awesome hero ever, or just dont know to play Other hero, or dont find them Exciting and Playable.

I want to give everyone a chance to Show Off their Hero of choice, you were in Tour Staff for some period of time, i dont know if u saw our Tournament Templates, it has 10 Heroes i can Host.
Mostly SF 1vs1, Kunkka 1vs1 , Voker 1vs1 and so on.
And this Place exist for 6 Year, in 6 years only 2 pages of Tour Templates.
I allready ordered more Banners , i wanna create Oracle 1vs1, Bristle 1vs1, damn, every hero 1vs1.
I want to see APOMNP 1vs1 , APOMNP 2vs2 .
Why supermarkets have so many customers, because they have tons of stuff on the shelf.
U may not want to buy 90% of that , but you will buy 10% , just becuase your eyes are hungry.
Same thing is applyed with everything else.
I have 3 Bikes , but i Ride only 1 , i want to feed my eyes every day on it.
To Enter garage , wipe them clean, watch them for 10 mins , and give my soul some food.
Same i want with tournaments, they are Limited , and if we more, we have to create more and give more.

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2014, 16:12 »
Point is Not in AR or AP

If you want to make it bo3 each game, and both teams in both 1v1 and 2v2 will get to pick first, then why even bother wasting time with roll ? :D

Same thing like in a football match, tossing a coin to pick side of the field you will play first half.
It means nothing , but it is there.
Just adding something [ thats the spice i was talking about :P ] small things.

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2014, 16:32 »

Yeah , but i want to exclude the Option of me forcing a hero to the player.

I dont wanna limit the player for Storm vs Kunkka , and then even SF.

There are Still some Players in Dota1 , and our Tours count max 10-15 Players.

Someone plays Nort[Example] for most of the time in last Year or Two, for his own reason, maybe he thinks Nort is the most powerfull and awesome hero ever, or just dont know to play Other hero, or dont find them Exciting and Playable.

I want to give everyone a chance to Show Off their Hero of choice, you were in Tour Staff for some period of time, i dont know if u saw our Tournament Templates, it has 10 Heroes i can Host.
Mostly SF 1vs1, Kunkka 1vs1 , Voker 1vs1 and so on.
And this Place exist for 6 Year, in 6 years only 2 pages of Tour Templates.
I allready ordered more Banners , i wanna create Oracle 1vs1, Bristle 1vs1, damn, every hero 1vs1.
I want to see APOMNP 1vs1 , APOMNP 2vs2 .
Why supermarkets have so many customers, because they have tons of stuff on the shelf.
U may not want to buy 90% of that , but you will buy 10% , just becuase your eyes are hungry.
Same thing is applyed with everything else.
I have 3 Bikes , but i Ride only 1 , i want to feed my eyes every day on it.
To Enter garage , wipe them clean, watch them for 10 mins , and give my soul some food.
Same i want with tournaments, they are Limited , and if we more, we have to create more and give more.
Everyone should know how to play every hero properly ...

The problem with not "forcing" heroes to the players is that they will choose the most strong heroes, regardless of if they find them exciting/playable or not, just because they are strong, even if they don't like them and nobody likes them, just to win the tour. It makes it very boring. (like you said earlier, oracle for example, people might highly dislike oracle, but they will pick it because they can just spam the lifedrain+stun and it's very easy to just win vs anyone, how will the tour be any fun like that ? it simply won't)

That's why "forcing" some normal, balanced match-up is much better for bo3, with them switching heroes in the next game, and if tie another game sf vs sf apomshnp because that is the "most telling" 1v1 match-up. (because of the denies counting far more than on any other hero)

As for the tour template joke, (because that what it is, a joke, it can't be said in any other way), it's ridicolous that still is considered an issue.

I'm going to make a pool about it, let's see what the people say. :D

Offline ilikedat

• MonsterKill Member
  • zz
  • Awards LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #1 [LEGENDARY] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Enigma Tournament Winner Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2014, 17:08 »
i just wanna remind u guys that we have a section about xmas tours here

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2014, 17:44 »
xD , im blind ! :D

+1 Like_day , thanks , i was wondering why there arent any sticky topic bout it.

I need some stuff from that board to add to this one.

Offline ilikedat

• MonsterKill Member
  • zz
  • Awards LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #1 [LEGENDARY] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Enigma Tournament Winner Hacks staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2014, 17:46 »
xD , im blind ! :D

+1 Like_day , thanks , i was wondering why there arent any sticky topic bout it.
jimmy im here to help u anytime u want,im not your enemy :D

Offline Jimmy

• Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2014, 17:52 »
Damnn, i even played that Tour last year , and i cant remember it.
GG Brain :P