Author Topic: Suggestion: Raise the autokick ping limit  (Read 3273 times)

Offline ordspil

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Suggestion: Raise the autokick ping limit
« on: February 16, 2014, 22:01 »
So I have this problem, well it's quite simple. I have 3g net over my phone, which I also use for my computer (basically to save money but transportable internet is pretty nice, if you travel a lot).

So the ping is just some number, which depends on your upload rate, i. e. the speed at which you can send data. So of course a high ping, can make you lagg, that makes sense. Of course there is a limit to how much upload speed, you can have.

What 3g does, is that it adjusts the upload rate, to what is needed. So when I join a game, and I am waiting for it to start (so I am in the game lobby), my ping will automatically keep rising, because well it doesn't need much upload speed to sit and wait for a game to start.

But this means I get automatically kicked by the bot, because my ping will become too high. This means I have to join games, which are just about to start, because my ping will start out being normal (around 50). When I then get into a game, my ping is completely fine, and I don't lagg at all. Well of course lagg may appear, but that has nothing to do with the ping.

Also I am not the only one with this problem. I have met/seen several people that has the same problem. Usually you can find some "nice" people who will use the !hold command for you. Some of course don't care, when they see a high ping they just kick. It differs a lot.

Anyway the biggest problem is actually that in the beginning before game starts, I cannot join games, unless I make the host use the !hold command or the game only needs 1 or 2 players before starting. This is pretty annoying for me and others.

Besides, it's pretty random which ping you are kicked for having, and pings in the 300 to 600 region are not really crucial in game. I have seen more laggers with pings around 20 than pings around 80. It simply is not related to the ping, when you lagg in game. It's usually because your internet keeps disconnecting (probably bad wireless or long distance to router).

So why even bother having the command? Most hosts will check pings anyway, and most are nice to ask, wtf is wrong with your ping, and then you can explain, that is will be fine, and most people with a normal functioning brain will think: "why would he lie and play a horrible lagging game?"

So my suggestion is simple, either remove that autokicking thing or make the limit much higher (1000 or 2000 or whatever). When you see ping causing the game to lagg for everyone, it will typically be pings around 20.000 or more. So the autokick limit is completely wrong anyway.
It is a general problem actually, and it is the same in most online games, because people have no idea, what really causes lagg for everyone.

My username is ordspil, I have played lots of games, so it's not really that bad, it's just so annoying getting kicked all the time, if you join games with few players.

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Suggestion: Raise the autokick ping limit
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 02:19 »
listen dude, the current la.com staff is not capable of making any kind of changes inside the server and bot part. I suggest you to stop wasting your time making requests here cuz all you'll get is "try reinstall it" "find better net" "find a better way to play" etc etc etc

it's the ugly truth...

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2014, 02:28 »
Oh how I love to kick you 3g "high ping but doesn't matter I won't lag" guys.
You always bullshit me with that, and then ALWAYS ingame I have to wait for your stupid lagscreens.

Get a normal fucking internet and you'll be fine, and if your brain doesn't allow you to see you need one, host your own games.

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2014, 02:30 »
CoMMoN can you please stop being so cool omg <3333333333

can i please suck your motherfucking cock right now

Offline Povratnik

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2014, 07:14 »
Hahahah damn son you got served
Modul Nostru

Offline Asandir

• Kingmaker
  • Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Member of the Fellowship of Seven
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 11:58 »
Get a normal fucking internet and you'll be fine, and if your brain doesn't allow you to see you need one, host your own games.

Totally agreed.

Offline ordspil

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2014, 17:12 »
You always bullshit me with that, and then ALWAYS ingame I have to wait for your stupid lagscreens.

Dude, did you even read the post? It's not really a problem, I can play plenty of games easily. Besides your reasoning is pathetic, but don't worry, I don't play in your 1500+ trapem games.
All I am saying, is that the autokicking function is pretty bad, I never said you cannot kick me, if my ping is high, if you host you can kick whoever you want :-)

The reason I don't get different internet, is simple. I would rather spend those money on stuff that gives me more life quality instead of a ping of 20 in dota compared to a ping of 60, which I can play fine with now.

Of course we may have different views on life quality :-)

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Techies 1v1 Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 04:21 »

Dude, did you even read the post? It's not really a problem, I can play plenty of games easily. Besides your reasoning is pathetic, but don't worry, I don't play in your 1500+ trapem games.
All I am saying, is that the autokicking function is pretty bad, I never said you cannot kick me, if my ping is high, if you host you can kick whoever you want :-)

The reason I don't get different internet, is simple. I would rather spend those money on stuff that gives me more life quality instead of a ping of 20 in dota compared to a ping of 60, which I can play fine with now.

So, let me get this straight (I already got it straight by the way before you even thought about starting to type your post, it's just an expression), it's not even a problem, but you still want this change even though it will only help people like you which are few and on the other side annoy the rest of the players ingame. Excellent plan.

"My 1500+ trapem games" ? Do you have any ideea who you are talking to ? Comparing my skill with yours would be much like comparing the size of the universe to the size of an atom, but the difference would be much, much more ridicolous.

Did you read my post ? I also said host your games, which solves everything, but I bet you got annoyed by what I said earlier in the post and you didn't even read further to notice it.

Many people don't even check !p while hosting or simply forget, so removing the autokick ping limit or raising it will downgrade the ingame experience of many whilst they wait for the lagscreens of people like you who "improve their quality of life" by buying an extra cookie per month instead of having a proper internet and being able to play without any inconveniences or instead of simply hosting your own games, but using your brain to think about these things is really hard right ?

Poor you, having to use your brain. :(

Offline BlaZe

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 11:30 »
Common smart guy why u offense him cuz he wanted to find some help and solve prob.

Such a low kid behind pc , find a job , do somthing in life. Stop being boring on this forum.

Offline Fr0zen_Walk^

• Pro Member
  • Nirvana's cousin iks dee!
  • Awards IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZcRU0Op5P4
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 12:16 »
Noobs.

Offline ordspil

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 19:21 »

So, let me get this straight (I already got it straight by the way before you even thought about starting to type your post, it's just an expression), it's not even a problem, but you still want this change even though it will only help people like you which are few and on the other side annoy the rest of the players ingame. Excellent plan.

"My 1500+ trapem games" ? Do you have any ideea who you are talking to ? Comparing my skill with yours would be much like comparing the size of the universe to the size of an atom, but the difference would be much, much more ridicolous.

Did you read my post ? I also said host your games, which solves everything, but I bet you got annoyed by what I said earlier in the post and you didn't even read further to notice it.

Many people don't even check !p while hosting or simply forget, so removing the autokick ping limit or raising it will downgrade the ingame experience of many whilst they wait for the lagscreens of people like you who "improve their quality of life" by buying an extra cookie per month instead of having a proper internet and being able to play without any inconveniences or instead of simply hosting your own games, but using your brain to think about these things is really hard right ?

Yeah, it's not a problem, but it is annoying. That is why I want it to be changed. It's like if you needed to remove a stone and put it back in front of your door every day, for the door to keep closed.
With the stone, you have no problem, the door is closed, but it is annoying having to move it all the time. With the door fixed you get rid of this annoyance, but there is no overall difference.

I never compared skills, you might easily be better than me, that is irrelevant. I just compared the quality of the games we must be playing in. Who says the best players cannot play trapem 1500+? That was not my point, because they could.
The only difference that occurs with higher PSR and fewer turks is less people map hacking and less people leaving. Thus improving your game quality. At least that is my opinion/experience. And with your view on my issue, I assume you must be playing those games, as it is not something I recognise.

I noticed it, and I have hosted several games, which is why I did not comment on it, since it didn't help me. Perhaps some times I play at moments, where there are few players.
I join a game and wait, then I can do something else while I wait. I will hear when the game starts, so no problem. If I host I might not be able to do that, as I need to refresh the game or whatever, and people leaves with an afk host.

Anyway, your formulation in that bolded part in the end is just pathetic. I am not gonna offend you any further, as it's just gonna give more childish replies like that. When an argument requests one to use his brain, it is already too stupid for further discussion...
And I already said, that I never lagg in game, but as I said earlier, you probably didn't read that.

I argued my opnion, and you did yours. No need to keep it going with such a silly discussion..

Oh and btw, comparison of the size of the universe to the size of an atom is quite relevant, and definitely not ridicules. Anyway, explaining that would take too much of my time, and it would only be understood by people with the required knowledge. Anyway, my point is, don't ever use such an idiotic argument again, it just makes your point look much more silly, which is a shame, because you did have a point there (though it was an irrelevant point, because you misunderstood my point in the first place). :-)

Offline CoMMoN1337

• WickedSick Member
  • twitch.tv/RobertC1337
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2014, 23:00 »

Yeah, it's not a problem, but it is annoying. That is why I want it to be changed. It's like if you needed to remove a stone and put it back in front of your door every day, for the door to keep closed.
With the stone, you have no problem, the door is closed, but it is annoying having to move it all the time. With the door fixed you get rid of this annoyance, but there is no overall difference.

I never compared skills, you might easily be better than me, that is irrelevant. I just compared the quality of the games we must be playing in. Who says the best players cannot play trapem 1500+? That was not my point, because they could.
The only difference that occurs with higher PSR and fewer turks is less people map hacking and less people leaving. Thus improving your game quality. At least that is my opinion/experience. And with your view on my issue, I assume you must be playing those games, as it is not something I recognise.

I noticed it, and I have hosted several games, which is why I did not comment on it, since it didn't help me. Perhaps some times I play at moments, where there are few players.
I join a game and wait, then I can do something else while I wait. I will hear when the game starts, so no problem. If I host I might not be able to do that, as I need to refresh the game or whatever, and people leaves with an afk host.

Anyway, your formulation in that bolded part in the end is just pathetic. I am not gonna offend you any further, as it's just gonna give more childish replies like that. When an argument requests one to use his brain, it is already too stupid for further discussion...
And I already said, that I never lagg in game, but as I said earlier, you probably didn't read that.

I argued my opnion, and you did yours. No need to keep it going with such a silly discussion..

Oh and btw, comparison of the size of the universe to the size of an atom is quite relevant, and definitely not ridicules. Anyway, explaining that would take too much of my time, and it would only be understood by people with the required knowledge. Anyway, my point is, don't ever use such an idiotic argument again, it just makes your point look much more silly, which is a shame, because you did have a point there (though it was an irrelevant point, because you misunderstood my point in the first place). :-)
There are so many things wrong with this system, and you managed to find something completely irrelevant. Good job.
Argument ? What makes you think I would argue with an irrelevant ant like you ?

I didn't miss your point, I just ignored it, because it would be far too embarrassing for you if I would comment on it directly, because your point is simply idiotic. You want to see ?

Why is it idiotic ? Let me give you just two reasons, even though there are far more.
1. You think that if you make a thread in which you whine about an inconvenience that can be solved by simply hosting your own games someone is going to modify the bot plugin just because you are too lazy to host. Just thinking about how someone can "think" like you makes me cringe in disgust.
2. Nobody cares if you lag or not, there are people who do lag, and if it's modified it will do much more harm than good. I'm pretty sure a 3 year old could figure this out.
Ok, 3. As bonus. The people who have access to modify it don't care enough to modify it even if it's justified and needed, and you think that they will modify it for something completely irrelevant. Yeah, keep waiting, that will happen.

Just 3, and even with only one of them you look like a braindead monkey. Happy now ?

Offline ordspil

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2014, 17:17 »
Lol, dude, did I offend you that much? Your reply still makes no sense, and going as low as calling me an ant  :o and starting to give reasons, that are completely unrelated to anything I wrote, well it just sums up your overall contribution to this thread. A braindead monkey because of this? Seriously dude get outside, enjoy your life a little, try to hook up with some girls, it will make you feel better. If you get any satisfaction from calling people names over the internet, you have a serious social problem :-)

Also let me say this, modifying such a bot is no big deal. Whoever got access just needs to know, what the different commands do. Computer language is pretty simple once you understand it. If nobody understands it, of course I would not want them to spent time learning it, just to change something like this. But it's pretty basic, and I can only imagine how much more basic the code for such a bot would be. They would probably just have to change a single number to fix the issue. You make it seem like something that would take days, chill down dude, you have no idea, what you are talking about :D
But I already figured that out in your first post :-)

Offline ordspil

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2014, 17:20 »
Besides, whoever wrote the code is an idiot, if he/she did not put short text lines explaining each command. It shouldn't be a big deal even if you don't understand it?
I use plenty of programming, without understanding the overall language, but google is often pretty useful to figure out, what to do. It doesn't take many minutes.

Offline iErnesto94

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: iErnesto94
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards LA Ladder #1 [LEGENDARY] VIP Member [EPIC] Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] Contributor [COMMON] Patreon Supporter [RARE] DotA 5v5 Tournament Winner [EPIC] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] B&U staff member [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 3rd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] LA Ladder #4-10 [LEGENDARY] Best B&U mod of the month [RARE] LA staff - Moderator IHRL Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2014, 11:05 »
Besides, whoever wrote the code is an idiot, if he/she did not put short text lines explaining each command. It shouldn't be a big deal even if you don't understand it?
I use plenty of programming, without understanding the overall language, but google is often pretty useful to figure out, what to do. It doesn't take many minutes.
You could right the code instead of him.