Author Topic: HELP PLS - problem when i try to log into account  (Read 611 times)

Offline fasole

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Hello,
i just reinstalled w3 with all the required patches and clients. i connect to battlenet and the login window appears with the fields for user and password. when i fill the required information and press login w3 shuts down. help pls. Thank you.

Offline fasole

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: HELP PLS - problem when i try to log into account
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2013, 13:20 »
I managed to fix it. Some registry error. Thank you anyway.

Offline Agov^

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Server Account: Agov^
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Legion TD Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Castle Fight Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2013, 14:09 »
http://lagabuse.com/forum/index.php/topic,117670.0.html

Error: bad registry. Try to run registry fixer. / Bad path
Download WC3 Fixer and select the right WC3 path this ??

Offline skywolf007

• Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • I'm gonna bite you!
  • Awards Tours staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2013, 15:45 »
The problem is well know, its caused by a sept 2013 windows update. Its causing to chcek for update file, and each +1 update costs 2times more to check than a previous one. It can make your PC use cpu for 100% for hours..

Actually there are a few solutions.
1. Turn off windows update.
2. Download a windows XP install that has the latest update included, you can find many images around the web. I personally dont recommend black edition xp, the best is the clean verion.
3. Let the PC finish updates. It can mean that your pc will run on 100% for a few hours, but after that the problem should be gone, until the next update.
4. Get windows 7, it can run ok with 1gb memory, but if you have 2gb I definitely recommend win7 over XP.

I dont recommend killing svchost.exe at any time. This is a core system process and shutting down means that your system will not function properly. Also by regular process killing you can damage the system, which will cause you to reinstall the pc again

Offline skywolf007

• Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • I'm gonna bite you!
  • Awards Tours staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2013, 15:47 »
Ignore this, its supposed to be on a different topic :) my bad

The problem is well know, its caused by a sept 2013 windows update. Its causing to chcek for update file, and each +1 update costs 2times more to check than a previous one. It can make your PC use cpu for 100% for hours..

Actually there are a few solutions.
1. Turn off windows update.
2. Download a windows XP install that has the latest update included, you can find many images around the web. I personally dont recommend black edition xp, the best is the clean verion.
3. Let the PC finish updates. It can mean that your pc will run on 100% for a few hours, but after that the problem should be gone, until the next update.
4. Get windows 7, it can run ok with 1gb memory, but if you have 2gb I definitely recommend win7 over XP.

I dont recommend killing svchost.exe at any time. This is a core system process and shutting down means that your system will not function properly. Also by regular process killing you can damage the system, which will cause you to reinstall the pc again