Author Topic: Suggestion: Command to display all player's k/d/a stats in lobby  (Read 853 times)

Offline Ripshaft

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Pretty straightforward, I'd like a single command to list all the present player's k/d/a stats in the lobby, for pro games, to weed out the noobs without having to !sd every single player that joins.

Basically the output should be

!Allstats, !as, !pro, !procheck (suggestions)

[1] NameOfPlayerInSlot1 -- xx k/d/a
[2] NameOfPlayerInSlot2 -- xx k/d/a
[3] NameOfPlayerInSlot3 -- xx k/d/a
[4] NameOfPlayerInSlot4 -- xx k/d/a
[5] NameOfPlayerInSlot5 -- xx Not SpoofChecked
[7] NameOfPlayerInSlot7 -- xx k/d/a

The missing 6, 8+ is because there's no player there, ie it's open.
xx is the number of games played this season, I'm not sure how long the field could be before wraparound would occur, screwing up output, so I just left it without any descriptive text. This is obviously at the discretion of the programmer where space is allowed.

The reason for the listing by slots is to allow easy slot identification for opening or swapping. The reason for having the number of games listed is because the k/d/a stats gains perspective when compared to amount of games played. If the player has 97 games played with a k/d/a of 5/5/10 it's generally considered alot more respectable than someone with 3 games with 5/5/10.

Anyhoo that's my suggestion, pretty straightforward I think, you can play with the idea and modify as you see fit, I just think we need something like this.

If you sent me the bot code I could program this in myself for you, but that's of course up to you, and I certainly understand the reluctance of disclosing your hard work. Just figured I'd throw it out there, I'd like to help the playdota crew, I wouldn't be playing dota nearly as much without them.

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
This will cause flood.

Offline Ripshaft

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
How so? It's less text and sql lookups than a normal !sd of every player, additionally you could easily put in a timer on it's usage to prevent spam or hammering of db.

Edit: additionally it would make sence to have this available only to the host, in which case it could be whispered instead of displayed for all.

Edit: actually scratch that, it's equally useful to other players who need to check quickly if the teams are extremely unbalanced, though I suppose there could be a simpler command for that, like one that checks the average scores or average k/d/a ratios of both teams and displays them.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2010, 22:50 by Ripshaft »