Author Topic: Playdota.eu's Ideas  (Read 1484 times)

Offline Mvp_1

• Newbie Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Playdota.eu's Ideas
« on: February 14, 2010, 08:38 »
This post is to suggest some ideas.

-First idea: Add new feature to comman !gopub. This new one will be "!gopub [GameMode] [GameName]"

-Example: !gopub [Arso] [Arso Eu only pro]. This comman will show the name of the game but also will type -Arso inside the game at the moment of begining. I mean that, host won't need to type "-Arso", so this will avoid some hosts to forget typing it or if they go bathroom.

-Second idea: Save games in "video format" instead of warcraft 3 format. This is no possible yet but it would be nice for moderators to be able to watch "the part they need" and not seeing the whole replay if they want to check a puntual incident.

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Playdota.eu's Ideas
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 11:49 »
This post is to suggest some ideas.
The whole board is for this.

-First idea: Add new feature to comman !gopub. This new one will be "!gopub [GameMode] [GameName]"
-Example: !gopub [Arso] [Arso Eu only pro]. This comman will show the name of the game but also will type -Arso inside the game at the moment of begining. I mean that, host won't need to type "-Arso", so this will avoid some hosts to forget typing it or if they go bathroom.
Imposible. The map won't set the game mode if the bot says it. There is HCL, but playdota.eu doesn't support it.
Also what if a player wants normal mode?

-Second idea: Save games in "video format" instead of warcraft 3 format. This is no possible yet but it would be nice for moderators to be able to watch "the part they need" and not seeing the whole replay if they want to check a puntual incident.
And how will it be done?

Offline Resor

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Leader of -Clan FEED-
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 14:11 »

Actualy its possible, but not nessessary. Too much code writing for souch a small thing.

Do you know how many megabytes weigh ~1hour replay in video format? Do you know how many games are played daily?
You can always convert replay to video format on your PC.

Offline paris_hilton

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 23:23 »
Miss Hilton dont want to make another topic so i put up with my idea here :

i know this will be a revolution but ..... How about make PlayDota.eu sth like W3 Ladder ?  
I mean. that player who wants play dota is standing on #Playdota.eu , then he whisps bot or giving sign on any other way that he wants to Play Dota.
Bot is assuming requests of many players and is connecting those with similar ranks/ladder standings/stats etc. together in 1 game. Pros with Pros, noobs with noobs, averagers with averagers.

How ? up 2 you : ) but i think he will just whisper gamename "pdeu1" to some player, "pdeu2" to others etc...  

And if some players will bring their pro friends into noobs games?
Bots can still block an join option to game (like its when u r banned) when player isnt confirmed with previous whisper/register to game

i know thats a lot of changes and idea isnt perfect, so i didnt put it up in another topic.
If someone looks inside here and want to share opinion i will be pleasedd

Cheers from miss Hilton !

Offline advx

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 18:19 »
a little similar to w3-dota ..
but thing to game only on categories isnt bad
its should be disabled for priv games or if host type !hold for friend .

Offline penisfacelol

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2010, 15:05 »
I mean that, host won't need to type "-Arso", so this will avoid some hosts to forget typing it or if they go bathroom.

Host who types !start and then immediately goes to bathroom should be banned for stupidity lol. Unless he can piss really fast..