Author Topic: Idea for new way of ban  (Read 2467 times)

Offline Lagi

• "Unnecessary manager of irregular transactions"
  • Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Hacks staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] 2nd Place of GFX Special Event #1 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Idea for new way of ban
« on: April 08, 2013, 20:52 »
In the last few days i reported a mh er, he got perma banned + ip lock, and the day after, i found him in a game with his new acc. It was disappointing, so i started to think about how to ban mh users, coz the ip lock seems too easy to evade.

I found that mac address can be changed, so i tried to find something that is even harder.

Finally after some google search i found that hdd serial number is gauranteed to be unique to that manufacturer. Different manufacturers may use the same serial number. So a combination of manufacturer and serial number is guaranteed to be unique.
Since there is gproxy, which is a stand alone program that runs on the computer, and need to be the correct version, i think an experienced coder can make a function to that gproxy, which detects the hdd manufacturer and its serial number that can be send to the bot when spoofchecking. (This is sure able to do somehow, coz there are programs for it, like sisoft sandra etc.) The bot can log that combination. What we get this way is a globally unique identification method to the user. If the user wants to evade that kind of ban, he have to cheat the gproxy or get a new hdd. Both are much harder work then changing an ip or a mac address.

I dont have so much experience in this topic, so more experienced coders' opinion is needed here :)
I know what I stand for;
I STAND FOR ME!!!

Þetta er það lengsta sem ég fer.
Aldrei aftur samur maður er.
Ljóta leiðin heillar nú á ný,
daginn sem ég lífið aftur flý.

Offline div.ide

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Forum staff member [RARE] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Idea for new way of ban
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 21:07 »
I suggested hardawre bans some time ago. While it sounds cool on paper, it's not so easy to implement. Think of it as of VAC or similar thing - you'd have to create client-side standalone application to actually read that kind of data from system, monitor other processes trying to spoof it, and provide a way to identify real application from cracked one. That's pretty complicated, I assure you.

I don't know if you can simply use gproxy to carry this kind of data, because gproxy is, well, just a proxy between game client and server, and must stay compliant with game protocol, which likely wasn't too well suited to handle that kind of data. Though I'm just guessing right here.

Another thing is, this would have be done on XPAM side (I can't see how are you going to do this for bot), and if so, then you have to remember that there are also normal games, and you can't use gproxy there (quite literally).
01010111 01100101 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 01100101 00101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110010 01100100 00101110

Offline Rio^

• Need help? PM!
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 21:09 »
First of all they need to block all map hacks, then they can decide how to lock/disable someone to play DotA on this bot. It's not problem how to lock someone HDD,ID etc...The problems are developers of map hacks, they will always find a way to avoid mh detection, and after that your suggestion is usless.

It's good IDEA but first they need to find a way to block all map hacks.

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 21:20 »
Just a note: We don't ban IPs, so I guess this is case from eurobattle.net, right?
You could post this idea on their site but nvm :)

Signature by Rocka

Offline Lagi

• "Unnecessary manager of irregular transactions"
  • Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Hacks staff member [RARE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] 2nd Place of GFX Special Event #1 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 21:28 »
I thought you do.

http://lagabuse.com/forum/index.php/topic,16990.0.html

"NOTE : MH is most serious accusation in LagAbuse rules codex and it's punishment is perma banned account and ip address lock. "
I know what I stand for;
I STAND FOR ME!!!

Þetta er það lengsta sem ég fer.
Aldrei aftur samur maður er.
Ljóta leiðin heillar nú á ný,
daginn sem ég lífið aftur flý.

Offline marsnodens

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 22:04 »
I also suggested something like this. Some armins/moderators(?) told me that soon some new anti-map hack stuff is being developed half a year ago but I didnt see anything new about it.

Currently posting any kind of ban requests is almost useless. Everyone got multiple accounts and just plays with another if one is banned.

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 22:13 »
I also suggested something like this. Some armins/moderators(?) told me that soon some new anti-map hack stuff is being developed half a year ago but I didnt see anything new about it.
Gproxy, heard of it? ;D

Signature by Rocka

Offline zeko

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 23:00 »
there is no way that "non-profitable" community,like this one, can be MH free.someone,somewhere will bypass it somehow.i just cant understand ppl who use it.removes all the fun.i like to be ganked by lina,trax,maiden etc.but who the fuck wants to be ganked by pudge

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2013, 00:22 »
3 times caught on same ip , you get PC lock

Offline marsnodens

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2013, 13:02 »
Gproxy, heard of it? ;D
Yea... but it was not that what was promised  :'(.

I understand difficulties and all but at the moment map hackers are winning.

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2013, 13:23 »
Actually hackers are almost every time winning.

Lot of companies and studios invested lot of money into protection for their games - it worked for a while, it worked until it got hacked.

Same with gproxy - it worked well but by the time hackers found a way how to bypass it...

Signature by Rocka

Offline shpura

• Earth Spirit user
  • Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Hacks staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2013, 14:24 »
You're talking like maphackers are smart. They are just retards which use google.

Offline div.ide

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Forum staff member [RARE] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2013, 15:04 »
Actually hackers are almost every time winning.

Lot of companies and studios invested lot of money into protection for their games - it worked for a while, it worked until it got hacked.

Same with gproxy - it worked well but by the time hackers found a way how to bypass it...
We're not battling hackers, we're battling cheaters. Now these are weak-minded individuals, and you can actually shrug off most of them with relatively simple measures.

Now, to rephrase the difference:

Hacker is a guy that has some coding and reverse-engineering skills, and creates hacks, breaks your protection, exploits weaknesses. It seems that most of time it's done for pleasure and testing own skills, rather than for actually using those hacks (unless it's profitable... see dreamdota [sidenote - I've seen attempts to crack dreamdota so you could use it for free :D]).

Cheater is an average person that has othing to offer, but has a strong urge of boasting self via something as vague as video game. He/she use hacks created by someone else to make up for own lack of skill.
01010111 01100101 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 01100101 00101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110010 01100100 00101110

Offline shpura

• Earth Spirit user
  • Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Hacks staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2013, 15:06 »
^ THAT
+1

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2013, 15:20 »
You're talking like maphackers are smart. They are just retards which use google.
I was talking about hackers in general (those who actually bypass protections and make hacks), not about MH users, and I definitely didn't wanna say map hackers are anyhow smart.

Signature by Rocka