Author Topic: Dota1 VS Dota2  (Read 6511 times)

Offline hot10000

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Dota1 VS Dota2
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2013, 23:29 »
try hack at dota 2 you get perma.

Offline iNevermore

• WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 30, 2013, 23:34 »
When Dota2 get official there will be problems, you'll see :P
Deal with it B)

Offline L1ght0Fh3aV3N

• Newbie Member
  • What doesn't kill you simple makes u STRANGER
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2013, 08:01 »
Dota2 definitely cuz there are much more pro gamers and farmers and...I mean if u play on eurobattle some tard will come on lane and will farm with rubick and u are AM,Spectre,Alchemist saying that he needs farm too ... I am playing 3-4 months dota2 and i haven't seen a tards like that :)

Offline Erhancan

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2013, 09:38 »
Dota1 Better than dota2 Cause dota1 have so good game mode and clicker...  :P

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2013, 09:42 »
eventually every dota 1 player will switch to dota 2 if he likes it or not it's just matter of time ... no matter how cool dota 1 is, everyone will get sick of its cons. 80% of ppl already did. that's how dota 2 got 1.4 million players.

80 % people swapped to Dota because of cons ? I know 20 people (RL ) who played Dota from its beggining , only 1 swapped to LOL and one swapped to Dota2 and all have tried both Dot2 and LOL.Only never players who started playing from 1,2 years ago , probably swaped because they did not have a clue what W3 is. Bugs you see getting fixed quickly and they occur once in 5 games , other ''bugs'' you see are you being noob and complaining about the game.

Offline _VendettA_

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • what goes around comes around
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2013, 09:54 »
eventually every dota 1 player will switch to dota 2 if he likes it or not it's just matter of time ... no matter how cool dota 1 is, everyone will get sick of its cons. 80% of ppl already did. that's how dota 2 got 1.4 million players.

80 % people swapped to Dota because of cons ? I know 20 people (RL ) who played Dota from its beggining , only 1 swapped to LOL and one swapped to Dota2 and all have tried both Dot2 and LOL.Only never players who started playing from 1,2 years ago , probably swaped because they did not have a clue what W3 is. Bugs you see getting fixed quickly and they occur once in 5 games , other ''bugs'' you see are you being noob and complaining about the game.

mate just because u are internal affairs of this community it doesn't mean u can't swap to dota 2 .. even angel did.

did i say anything about bugs ? cons doesn't mean bugs ... u know that right ?
When a man learns to love he must bear the risk of hatred.

Offline PoTS

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2013, 11:20 »
Its always same, when new version of something is made, ppl go for new version.

Would you stay at Intel Pentium IV or would you got for Intel Core i7?
Would you use 5 years old version of web browser or would you update it for latest version?
Win 95 or Win 7?

By your logic, everything newer is better? Then why do a lot of people still play dota1. And stop comparing things that are irrelevant, don't compare an overly outdated OS or CPU with a brand new one. DOTA1 is not outdated, people are still playing it ON LOTS OF different platforms, saying dota1 is like win95 is an insult. Maybe if you compared XP with Win7 it would be alright, i mean win95 and win7 aren't even closely similar. Do you even computer?

Offline PoTS

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2013, 11:29 »
Truth is that Dota2 is jsut like Diablo 3.
You think its kinda different, better but its only job is getting more people to play in. When you finally install it and play abit you see the only thing that changed is hard graphix and the money potential.
Everything else is same, why changing something thats already a legend? Adding graphix, sounds, effects and high tournament rewards is nothing else than buying players.
So making everything better is a bad thing  ???

I won't go into which one is better, that is a personal, highly subjective thing, but truth is Dota 2 has much bigger potential because it has enormous assets and no limitations that Dota has because of outdated War3 engine.

Regarding other points TC made:
-animations/effects/sounds are something that requires getting used to. Same thing was when you would switch from SC:BW to War3 (or even SC2 much later) so it's just a matter of practice. Besides lots of effects and graphical features can be adjusted with console commands and options.(Also, War3/Dota1 do not have retro graphics, that term is used for something else)
-Too many noobs? Playerbase of D2 is much bigger therefore more less skilled players is a given. Proportionally there is probably same amount of noobs, there are many people who play D1 and still suck at it, not to mention a lot of people who play D2 (in low skill bracket) probably did not play D1 or played other similar games that require less skill. Besides you will encounter noobs in D2 only if you have low skills as well, most of the time you are matched with similar players.

I would actually say one of biggest advantages of Dota 2 is the community (minus the Russians :P). It is much better than Dota communities, with less abusers/hackers, much more produced content for it, generally healthy discussions, etc.
All in all, D1 v D2 is a stupid debate, it is subjective, but fact is D1 communities are dying while D2 is on the rise. Same thing happened with SC:BW and SC2. Will Dota 2 be as big as Dota 1 in it's peak? Maybe not, but neither will Dota 1 get any bigger in the future, it is just a bunch of small sites/forums/communities.

You have got a good point. But it all comes down to personal preference. Until Ice frog stops development for dota1 people are still going to play dota1. Also as many people in the balkans play dota1, many players don't have the resources to play dota2. Whilst i can play dota2 with decent graphics without sacrificing fps, many of my friends can't afford a better pc to play dota2 so they just stick to dota1

Offline hot10000

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2013, 11:36 »
200-300£ and you have decent computer that can play dota 2

Offline Rio^

• Need help? PM!
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2013, 11:40 »

Would you use 5 years old version of web browser or would you update it for latest version?
Win 95 or Win 7?

By your logic, everything newer is better? Then why do a lot of people still play dota1. And stop comparing things that are irrelevant, don't compare an overly outdated OS or CPU with a brand new one. DOTA1 is not outdated, people are still playing it ON LOTS OF different platforms, saying dota1 is like win95 is an insult. Maybe if you compared XP with Win7 it would be alright, i mean win95 and win7 aren't even closely similar. Do you even computer?

DotA   -  >  DotA 2

Father -  > Child

Child should be better than father.  One day father will die.  And for DotA, it's just matter of time, when IceFrog will stop updating map.

But if you're playing DotA for couple years (6,7) and they suggesting to you that you need to play DotA 2, it's just bulls'it. First of all u will waste couple more years of your life, and u will be close to 20'/30's.

It's st'pid  to discuss things like this. Newer will always be better than older, it should be. But some older stuffs will always be LEGEND one. Watch Rocky - "Houndred years" , and still fighting.

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2013, 11:43 »

mate just because u are internal affairs of this community it doesn't mean u can't swap to dota 2 .. even angel did.

How my rank here has to do something with swaping to different platform ? I do not like Dota2  , and it has nothing to do with my rank.

Offline PoTS

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2013, 11:58 »
200-300£ and you have decent computer that can play dota 2

maybe in estonia thats a relatively low price, and can earn it by working part time jobs, but in yugoslavic countries the minimum wage is ~150 euros P/M (and most part time jobs have this minimum wage) so unless you are older and have a decent job and you are a gamer you could spend money on a gaming-built PC (wich ironically due to the job leaves you much less time to play). Or if you are a teenager, you can't afford 1 unless your parents buy one (and you know the excuse "your current one runs perfectly fine")

Offline hot10000

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2013, 12:00 »
well that sucks yea.

Offline _VendettA_

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • what goes around comes around
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2013, 12:08 »
Spoiler for Hiden:

How my rank here has to do something with swaping to different platform ? I do not like Dota2  , and it has nothing to do with my rank.

it was a joke nab  :D

but i am telling you cons doesn't mean bugs even dota 2 has bugs but it has more pros that can over take all bugs ,  pros that dota 1 can never achieve. u are arrogant just like my friend  :P who worship dota 1 and hates dota 2 as hell but eventually he started to give it a second thought ^^

i loved dota 1 more then you but don't be afraid to change. when i 1st started dota 2 i was playing with 99.99% noobs all of my games but when i got higher lvl i started games 100% w/o noobs that means 9 players who know what dota and support with all means of wards/couriers etc.

dota 1 is legend i most say it WAS perfect .. then as astaroth said ..

and u icy u are one of us u will swap to dota 2 soon and i'll be w8ing to pwn u  ^^
When a man learns to love he must bear the risk of hatred.

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2013, 13:06 »

Win 95 or Win 7?
I didn't want to say newer = better, definitely not.
I also didn't want to compare Win 95 and DotA. Now I see I used bad examples.
I should use example like:
iPhone 4 or iPhone 5?
or
Win XP or Win 7

As you said DotA isn't outdated but Warcraft 3 kinda is.

Signature by Rocka