Author Topic: 10 most useless heroes in Dota, do you agree?  (Read 20518 times)

Offline Berto

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 10 most useless heroes in Dota, do you agree?
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2010, 12:09 »
SchneiderLORD (and others) you have no idea about dota, seriously. You bases your arguments in your dislike of certain heroes.

1 - Crystal Maiden. Nukes are nothing special, aura even as global loses it's effectiveness after early game, ulti is easily counterable, unwieldy and unreliable.

Rylai is one of the best supporters in game, I guess you dont play supporter. One advice: dagger, bkb, aganim, and tell me if ulti is useless. You can check my games as rylai, I'm not super pro but I know how to play with her.

Bristle, imba tank. Nothing to add. Boring? Let me rofl...

jakiros nukes sucks

Well, try Magnus + Jakiro (with aganim) and tell me if nukes suck.

Just...

This is 1 most none sense topics I ve ever seen..

Every hero is good if u know to play him.. And none is useless..

That's all.

You can keep talking shit xD

Offline ErectCock

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2010, 20:43 »
Well, try Magnus + Jakiro (with aganim) and tell me if nukes suck.

or just use magna with any fucking aoe dmg skill? you see, jakiro isnt that good. think about it.
dashky:
the peoople lock 5 players in the looby, and cant balance the game correctly. for lvl up the score.
only cheaters on this server. Cant playable any game.

I think it would be much better that there was no locks in looby, for can play normal games, and no whit this cheaters.

Offline theNoobie

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2010, 02:10 »

1 - Crystal Maiden. Nukes are nothing special, aura even as global loses it's effectiveness after early game, ulti is easily counterable, unwieldy and unreliable. Poor animation design. She's made of suck. Yes, I've heard of animation cancelling.

2 - Bounty Hunter. His dominance relies on getting farmed up, and even then he isn't that much of a carry. His farming relies on herokills, and to get them he relies on his invis and overconfident soloers. In hero design you can't rely on noobs, and invis is easily countered.

3 - Clinkz. ^

4 - Techies. Good Techies is good, but having played him a couple of times, I've found the shocking news, that when a ranged hero gets a gem, he becomes fucking useless.

5 - Phantom AssAssin. To make her useful, you need to stack damage. With low hp like that, even 30% dodge doesn't help you against a bit of focus fire and/or nukes. Even when farmed up, she's not all that big of a deal.

6 - Rigwarl, Bristleback. He bases on stacking effects. Stacking Quill spray allows him to do massive damage early, but the damage becomes ineffective, not only because of increasing hp of enemies, but because the damage is reduced by increasing armor. After 30min it's hardly worth of using for any other reason than Warpath.
His abilities don't compliment each other. He is supposed to be an offencive tank, but he has low str gain(2.2/lvl) and bristleback(skill) works only when running away. Also Goo as a chasing ability is frustrating, as the hero briefly stops when you cast it.

7 - Venomancer. He does nothing that someone else couldn't do better. Hell, even Viper alone can do everything he does better. The damage of Nova is highly unimpressive and becomes nonmentionable with high hp, high regen, Hood of Defiance or even Lifesteal. Wards are good early -> early midgame farming, but after that wards are not even worth of using for anything else than temporary warding when pushing.
He is a decent farmer with some ganking abilities, but he has nothing to do with it lategame, no role, no steroid, nothing.

8 - Bloodseeker. Another nondisable agi carry. Just a bad one. He relies on opposing bad opponents for herofarming. Baaaaad starting point for a hero.

9 - Spirit Breaker. His style is to throw himself in and hope for the best. Works when opponents are unskilled enough to not sense danger, unorganized enough to not stick together and when your team is dominating enough for opponents to be weak enough to be pwned by charge.
In a groupfight, he is the first one to die if he even bothers to attend.

10 - Nerubian Wiener. He just is weak. No nukes, bad built-in orb, low hp, low statgain. Time lapse is a neat trick, but it's a trick, and tricks can be countered. Silence and gg, stun and gg, nuke and gg, anti invis and gg, armor reduce and gg, it's just gg. Watchers are sex though, and that's all he is worth most of the time.

There are so many things wrong with what you said

1. CM is an amazing disabler and her aura provides the whole team with mana for spamming. She is item independent and does not need items to be able to support. She is being constantly picked in -CM and competitive leagues and games.

2. True, but he does not rely on getting farmed up. He is a constant ganker who can't really carry into late game.

3. I agree with you on this one as well. Clinkz dies incredibly easily with just a few nukes and a gem mostly counters him.

4. TECHIES IS AMAZING. If you think a gem counters him, you are truly an idiot. You can abuse fog  and trees to set up mines as well as use force staff. Mid-late in the game it's not that hard to plant a mine in a teamfight and detonate it causing 750 damage to everybody. With blink/guinsoo/eul's you can plant statis mines for that imba stun and remote mines right under their feet.

5. Even when she's farmed up? Obviously you've never heard of the item BKB. Mort is a monster with BKB since she can easily take down an enemy hero in 3 seconds without getting disabled or nuked. She can be countered by blademail, but that's nothing a satanic won't solve.

6. Goo + warpath has amazing synergy and bristleback is an amazing tank with vanhood. He can dominate mid game and tank amazingly late game. The only problem is magic stick during early game.

7. Uhh what are you talking about? Veno + Agah with ulti at level 2 does 81 dps for 15 seconds, quite a lot of damage. His presence in teamfights is nothing to be messed with, since unlike viper, his ult is AoE. He can completely shut down enemies during midgame and therefore can dominate lategame with farmed items.

8. Let's see, BS is hard to harrass during early game with his life stealing passive, add a PMS and it gives him an easy time to farm. His level 1 silence is nothing to be messed with either. He can completely silence an enemy caster for a whole 6 seconds as well as drain hp. He becomes a hunter when he gets his level 6, as it turns him into a ganking monster.

9. Completely agree with you on this  one actually

10. GG, you're stupid. His passive increases his IAS by 33% (I think) which means much more damage. When was the last time an agi carry had a nuke? Silence and GG stun and gg nuke and gg, isn't this the same for all heroes? His skuchu (or however you spell it) turns him into a chasing machine that's hard to kill. His time lapse heals you after you get nuked and his passive is simply good at increasing dps.

Next time learn how to play before making a post.

Offline hax

• I'm your new god.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2010, 02:53 »
i read everything from last post but i want to add something

10 - Nerubian Wiener. He just is weak. No nukes, bad built-in orb, low hp, low statgain. Time lapse is a neat trick, but it's a trick, and tricks can be countered. Silence and gg, stun and gg, nuke and gg, anti invis and gg, armor reduce and gg, it's just gg. Watchers are sex though, and that's all he is worth most of the time.

nerub is my favorite hero. Why? on my hands its easy to control. low hp doesnt mean nothing, you dont run alone against 2-5 nukers anyways. shuchuki is good skill for ganking and chasing.

making str treads n few wraith bands, after that linken sphere (unless  your enemies doesnt have target skills like lina or lion ulti) you can go and build damage example bfly. with the passive n bfly you can hit 3 times in like 0,5seconds, which is like 300-500 damage already there?

Crazy dps, low hp. no reason to give him 5000k hp and imba dps that would be fucked up there.

Offline Best.oF.514

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2010, 07:23 »
Gondar useless ???? u kidding me or what ? u can be the richest player in the game with only 30 cs (due to track) while playing this hero and u tell hes useless ? best anti-invis hero (better than slardar cuz he gives haste ) and he is useless ? Killer WW+Jinada combo harrass and he is useless ??? and the most important thing : he has the best spell in the game to ks ( shurikent toss ) and u call him useless ? gondar top 5 best heroes in dota for me . not top 10 worst useless.

A very important hero that is missing in that top 10 i think : FURION !!

Offline Myon

• Advanced Member
  • U ARE MY STAAAAAR
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2010, 10:05 »
this topic is lolz, DotA is quite balanced game, and each char usefulness depends solely on pick, lanes, strat and player skills.

Offline Baris.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2010, 10:09 »
this topic is lolz, DotA is quite balanced game, and each char usefulness depends solely on pick, lanes, strat and player skills.

all heros are usefull. Dota have no useless heros stop this useless thred pls.

Offline Dagger_Master^^

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2010, 14:04 »
That guy is going to make the 10 most idiots topics ever on the forum.

Stay in touch! What's coming next?

Offline theNoobie

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2010, 14:56 »

Not really, some heroes you will never see picked in competitive because they are just shit tier. For example, clockwork has undergone so many nerfs such as base armor nerf and his battery assault nerf. His cogs are glitchy as well and he doesn't scale into late game. He is rarely chosen in a competitive game.

Offline T.I.L

• Advanced Member
  • ▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2010, 15:31 »
Wait for some player like Kuroky to post an imba replay with Clock, everyone will rush to pick him and play him with the same new build, in noob games and also pro leagues...

But I agree with the fact that some heroes sux in some specific versions... in 6.67c, bara, enchant and luna sux hard...

Offline Baris.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2010, 16:15 »

Not really, some heroes you will never see picked in competitive because they are just shit tier. For example, clockwork has undergone so many nerfs such as base armor nerf and his battery assault nerf. His cogs are glitchy as well and he doesn't scale into late game. He is rarely chosen in a competitive game.

hmmm dont know where u playing dota - but i play not only pd.eu and i saw 100% good player with imba clock in lategame.

Offline ka1i

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2010, 16:49 »
As pointed by everyone, every hero has its merits. Some of the "useless heros" are suddenly considered top picks after they become more common in top games.
Rylai is a great example of what distinguishes a noob from a pro. I won't even talk about warding. You have an aura that's amazing early/mid game, a slow, a disable, and an amazingly strong ulti. She dies too easily? SO what?! First of all, she's supposed to fight from the shadows, not going into the middle of the fight to get two-shotted by carries. Second, it's really easy to throw a great ulti from the fog by abusing trees/height even without dagger/bkb. Third, even if the enemy tries to stop you and you get killed in the end, that's probably an interrupt skill spent on you plus some time attacking you during the fight while your team gets the job done. If you see a team mate picking an heroe like Panda/Ursa/Kunkka/Centaur/Slardar just pick Crystal and go to lane with them. You'll be able to dominate most lanes, get lots of farm for your companion, and help the rest of your team in the entire map even if you stay in the lane.

For most heroes you can think of a lineup where they'll fit in perfectly.
Still, among the weaker heroes I'd name:
Leshrac > veeery powerful hero but low hp/armor and need of lots of mana pool/levels make him a hard hero to play efficiently.
Techies > very good at ganking early, defensive warding, useful in team fights if played smartly, and generally useful at holding back pushes(you won't stop them, but they won't rush in either). The fact he's so easy to kill and counterable hold him back, but he's still a viable pick.

Also, patches make a lot of difference. One patch Bristle is a top pick, then he becomes almost useless one patch after, and at any moment he might return to his former glory with most people not even understanding why.

Still, I think most people will have to agree Bara is a joke of a hero :S

ps: I love it when I have a great game supporting and end up with a score like 2-7-23. To most people that counts as feeding though as stats>all.

Offline Mechanik

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2010, 17:35 »
God.. this topic is going to nowhere..

All depends how do you play with choosen hero..
for example.. if one guy plays techies planting only mines to def - yea that hero would be USELESS!!
But if another guy playing techies  is taking part in battle/ganks/alone killing... or plantin mines with range(3rd lvl skill) and making much dmg to enemies - This hero would be USEFULL.

Tere are no useless hero in dota - there are only NO picked in proffesional modes (-cm... etc)

God is DEAD - Nietzsche
Nietzsche is DEAD - God...

Offline Dagger_Master^^

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: August 06, 2010, 15:31 »
here is your useless bristle in action noobs.

Offline theNoobie

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2010, 16:00 »
Lol nice vid ^ but I couldn't understand that asian guy talking

Bristle is a monster tank and can deal tons of damage with his quills ability