Author Topic: autoban  (Read 1915 times)

Offline AiLA

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
autoban
« on: January 02, 2013, 15:55 »
Hi,

I was just wondering, considering that Gproxy is now required to play on the bot, shouldn't it be more effective to remove the autoban and only leave it for when you actually leave the game but not when you lose the connection? anyone can write down that they lost power and just disconnect the internet, and it would just lift some of moderators work.... that's just a suggestion, i am not even sure if the bot can actually distinguish between actual leaving the game and loosing of connection....

Regards
AiLA
Kneel in the presence of almighty panda!

Offline BLOODYALBOZ

• SHQIPE ME DY KRENA
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • THE BLOODY ALBOZ
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: autoban
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 16:26 »
wouldn't that lead to abuse ?? People would plug unplug all the time :/ massive game ruin
I went to the gym today and forgot to post it on facebook, now whole workout was useless :'(
[1:01:14 AM] Gregory House: Then you dragged my ass
[1:00:47 AM] Gregory House: into this
[1:00:50 AM] Gregory House: :D
[1:00:56 AM] 2PAC : and look where u are now ? :P
[1:01:28 AM] Gregory House: home, al

Offline AiLA

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 16:32 »
wouldn't that lead to abuse ?? People would plug unplug all the time :/ massive game ruin

Well, I am sure that it's the same abuse right now, from what I know, as long as you are using gproxy, you will get unbanned straight away anyway, and now since everyone has to use gproxy, I would say that the autoban is unfortunatelly absolutely ineffective, considering that the only thing it actually does, it gives unban mods lots of work by reading through forums and unbanning people. If you look at the unban section, almost all of them is just like, I lost power, I mean wtf, that's a lots of BS, if you really do lose power, then it just stops you from playing until someone reads it, and if you just plugged and write that you lost power, mods will unban you anyway. I think, removing the autoban from bot when lost connection would be easier, and just let people post in ban reuqest section when someone does feel like they really plugged.... And also in games, i mostly see, even if someone looses the connection without any reason, people just want to wait saying stuff like, nah lets ban him ftw.... so as I am saying, I don't think that autoban is relevant or helps anything right now.... only gives more work to mods

Offline BLOODYALBOZ

• SHQIPE ME DY KRENA
  • Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • THE BLOODY ALBOZ
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Tours staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 16:36 »
Dude , mods can check if sb had score like 0 8 and he get's killed and he unplugs , he for sure wont get unbanned . There are tons of ways to see that a player unplugged or he rly lost power or DC .
Mods are specialized on that ( i know since i used to be a B&U mod ). And it's not that hard job , for me it was usually pretty easy .
I went to the gym today and forgot to post it on facebook, now whole workout was useless :'(
[1:01:14 AM] Gregory House: Then you dragged my ass
[1:00:47 AM] Gregory House: into this
[1:00:50 AM] Gregory House: :D
[1:00:56 AM] 2PAC : and look where u are now ? :P
[1:01:28 AM] Gregory House: home, al

Offline AiLA

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2013, 16:43 »
fair enough, I just feel like this system is way too generous to the people that are actually plugging, and just basically pains the people that actually did got dced at some point, like for example if there is like 50 unban requests, and it happened to me few times that i haven't noticed automatic updates >> automatic restart and i was waiting like a day for a mod to actually read it... and unban me, like fair enough, it's not like none of us have more accounts so we can still play np, I am just saying that i don't really see much of a point in it. but well if you mods do, then fair enough, that's what's the forum for :)

Offline XeqtR

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • If I agreed with you we'd both be wrong.
  • Awards Patreon Supporter [RARE] Legion TD Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 19:14 »
fair enough, I just feel like this system is way too generous to the people that are actually plugging, and just basically pains the people that actually did got dced at some point, like for example if there is like 50 unban requests, and it happened to me few times that i haven't noticed automatic updates >> automatic restart and i was waiting like a day for a mod to actually read it... and unban me, like fair enough, it's not like none of us have more accounts so we can still play np, I am just saying that i don't really see much of a point in it. but well if you mods do, then fair enough, that's what's the forum for :)
Mate, you wait maximum 1 hour for you to get unbanned. Unban request are priorities, we know how to do our job.
Ontopic : Agree with BloodyAlboz :
Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 19:21 »
To be honest, I don't have a problem with unbanning ppl, one unban request requires few seconds and if you don't post it in night, you'll get unban in few minutes.

Signature by Rocka

Offline AiLA

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2013, 00:32 »
Mate, you wait maximum 1 hour for you to get unbanned. Unban request are priorities, we know how to do our job.
Ontopic : Agree with BloodyAlboz :

yeah, I am not saying you don't know how to do your job :D and to be fair i didnt post any unban requests in a while... i was just thinking that it would get easier, obviously its up to you guys =)

Offline AiLA

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2013, 13:09 »
btw you can lock this, i was just suggesting, i got the feedback that explains everything thanks

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2013, 14:00 »
It takes 1 ,2 mins to check if player deserves unban , so autoban is good thing and it will be kept.

On other hand , bans take more time to check , because you need to check chatlog , check if user had similar warnings etc.So imagine we need to ban every rage quiter or plugger , it would take more time.