Author Topic: Pro Players Play Ap  (Read 13416 times)

Offline FatalityMk

• Topic Author
  • Be Quick, Time Is Mana...
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Pro Players Play Ap
« on: February 03, 2010, 17:54 »
can i ask why do people like so much to play ap modes... this is my second topic about ap modes... pls if u are pro players do not play ap modes... i enter bnet and when i search for a game i can see only ap games, why do u like so much, maybe cuz u can get the best hero and go for stats? i dont know exactly but pls do not pub the game with PRO, it sucks... i just wish i was a bnet staff i would have banned ap mode for life :@

Offline perix

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Pro Players Play Ap
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 00:08 »
The truth is PRO players have to know skills of all heroes. They should know weakness of each hero.
But should pro players play only -ar or -sd?
No.
Modes like -ar sucks, because of randomness, you can get 5x nukable int/agi heroes, and the opposite team can get 5x stun/nuke. You think you can win that game? If your enemies are smart enough to use that advantage - you lost, no matter what will you do.
-ap is pro mode, because you can counter each pick of enemies. You can choose tactic and your own role in your team.
Players that play always the same heroes are not so pro as they think they are...

Offline vaikiss

• MonsterKill Member
  • Imbalanced Gaming 4 Life
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Troll Madness Winner [UNIQUE] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • QuakeLive-Best Fps EVAH!
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 09:14 »
today on ar mode our team got ezalor , enchantress , enigma , pugna and dazzle while enemies had

MAGINA <------- all fucking int heros pwned by him k ?  , sand king , akasha , tauren chieftain and  slark so  which team had more chanses to win that game ?  thats why only noobs play ar sd and crapy modes like that

cm/cd/rd/ap  for skilled players nothing else 

God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Offline Z0Di4C

• Retired Moderator
  • Lets Put a Smile on That Face !
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2010, 12:47 »
...this topic already exists,right ?...

Offline SaintKnight

• VIP Tour Member
  • Pro Member
  • Awards Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Morphling Tour Winner Award [RARE] Mirana 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Leshrac 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Puck Tournament Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2010, 17:47 »
can i ask why do people like so much to play ap modes... this is my second topic about ap modes... pls if u are pro players do not play ap modes... i enter bnet and when i search for a game i can see only ap games, why do u like so much, maybe cuz u can get the best hero and go for stats? i dont know exactly but pls do not pub the game with PRO, it sucks... i just wish i was a bnet staff i would have banned ap mode for life :@
Lol, real pros play ap/cm/cd... And people play ap cuz they wanna play with their favorite hero or maybe they wanna try some build on a specific hero...

"No one dies virgin, life fucks us all" - Kurt Cobain

Offline Violent

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2010, 17:55 »
today on ar mode our team got ezalor , enchantress , enigma , pugna and dazzle while enemies had

MAGINA <------- all fucking int heros pwned by him k ?  , sand king , akasha , tauren chieftain and  slark so  which team had more chanses to win that game ?  thats why only noobs play ar sd and crapy modes like that

Pugna = anti Magina! Buy Ghost Scepter and max Decrepify ftw ^^

Offline FatalityMk

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2010, 18:07 »
The truth is PRO players have to know skills of all heroes. They should know weakness of each hero.
But should pro players play only -ar or -sd?
No.
Modes like -ar sucks, because of randomness, you can get 5x nukable int/agi heroes, and the opposite team can get 5x stun/nuke. You think you can win that game? If your enemies are smart enough to use that advantage - you lost, no matter what will you do.
-ap is pro mode, because you can counter each pick of enemies. You can choose tactic and your own role in your team.
Players that play always the same heroes are not so pro as they think they are...
modes like -ar or -sd are the best, the heroes that are given in those modes are counter to each other it is just the style and skill of the player to make the hero the best...and yes i think i can win  the game with those 5x nukable int/agi vs 6x stun/nuke... it all matters at the beggining and which heroes go with each other on lane. get for example 5 range vs 4 melee and 1 range, harasment all day long and the melee wont even have chance to kill a creep little long to kill a hero... i have often found myself in situations like this with 5x nukers int/agi and thought i had no chance of winning, but my team made 5-10 kills in the first 10 minutes, we got fed up so much that if u send 20 heroes after us we still would have won... it is not the hero u play that matters, it is the style and the skill u have at the beggining of the game...

Offline FatalityMk

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2010, 18:11 »

http://stats.playdota.eu/?p=gameinfo&gid=10740  check this link, this is what we picked on sd mode, they all laughed at me for picking silencer against magina...but... if we start the same teams again did u think we would have won?? i masacred them with silencer, 1 on 1 agains ursa, viper on all of them...i even fought agains 2 at the same time and yet we won
is it immposible?? think again before u write anything
PRO players that play ap are not PRO`s...

Offline ArizaelCZ

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2010, 19:49 »
How can any1 waste time posting on this topic..... WAIT i am posting!

Just stfu about game modes. If some1 likes to play apem all the time its his choice.Simply ignore those games as I do and dont post on forums.... people are free to play what they like.
Quote from: ArmyMaN^E^
in that game no mh man becaus all games in start i type -ah

Offline Tilgor

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2010, 20:20 »
  http://stats.playdota.eu/?p=gameinfo&gid=10740  check this link, this is what we picked on sd mode, they all laughed at me for picking silencer against magina...but... if we start the same teams again did u think we would have won?? i masacred them with silencer, 1 on 1 agains ursa, viper on all of them...i even fought agains 2 at the same time and yet we won is it immposible?? think again before u write anything PRO players that play ap are not PRO`s...
  Where there is argument for
PRO players that play ap are not PRO`s...
?? i dont see it. Your post is about your game not about topic.

Offline Z0Di4C

• Retired Moderator
  • Lets Put a Smile on That Face !
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2010, 20:30 »
How can any1 waste time posting on this topic..... WAIT i am posting!

Just stfu about game modes. If some1 likes to play apem all the time its his choice.Simply ignore those games as I do and dont post on forums.... people are free to play what they like.

...true...we already discussed this...and it borred the shit out of us...so pls just drop it...

Offline midoelbasha

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2010, 22:51 »
this was also  brought up back in the partibot forums.

ar = LUCK and only luck incase both teams are pro and i really hate this mode since my team always ends up with the shittiest combo ever against 5 stunners or 4 stunners + 2 disablers.

ap / cd / cm / rd / sd = combo picks for a team to play together (or try new builds for ap that is)

people who say ap mode is for noobs r noobs themselves. 5v5 playing apemomfr are 10 noobs in a game but 10 in an ap mode arent noobs (atleast not always).
you suck and you know it!

Offline vaikiss

• MonsterKill Member
  • Imbalanced Gaming 4 Life
  • Awards Rubick Tournament Winner Admiral Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Windrunner Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Best Couple (2v2) Tour Winner [RARE] Troll Madness Winner [UNIQUE] Footman Tour Winner Award [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • QuakeLive-Best Fps EVAH!
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 05:06 »

oh rly ? after 2-3 decripfys which u can evade with ur bkb and blink u simply 1 hit him with  mana void

God Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Offline midoelbasha

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 12:03 »

oh rly ? after 2-3 decripfys which u can evade with ur bkb and blink u simply 1 hit him with  mana void

leaving magina out of the equation.
what about tc+sk+akasha combo. tc stun sk dagger in and ulti while tc ulti gets rdy then akasha ulti once tc ulti hits them. 3 ultis hit at once, sk or akasha gets rampage.
what about slark stealing the few str and hp points those poor int players have, sure get dust. and while u try to atk that fast moving tiny object dont forget to hex and stun those other 4 players who 2 of them have blink and aoe.
you suck and you know it!

Offline 7th.SkY

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2010, 14:29 »

MAGINA <------- all fucking int heros pwned by him k ?  , sand king , akasha , tauren chieftain and  slark so  which team had more chanses to win that game ?  thats why only noobs play ar sd and crapy modes like that

cm/cd/rd/ap  for skilled players nothing else  
oh rly ? after 2-3 decripfys which u can evade with ur bkb and blink u simply 1 hit him with  mana void

leaving magina out of the equation.
what about tc+sk+akasha combo. tc stun sk dagger in and ulti while tc ulti gets rdy then akasha ulti once tc ulti hits them. 3 ultis hit at once, sk or akasha gets rampage.
what about slark stealing the few str and hp points those poor int players have, sure get dust. and while u try to atk that fast moving tiny object dont forget to hex and stun those other 4 players who 2 of them have blink and aoe.

There are at least 10 different ways to start a fight, from that point of view look at the possibilities and combos. It's like arguing which are stronger, black or white figures on the chess table.

Now, I don't see that -ap mode is for noobs. The truth is, most pub games have noobs in it and the game mode will not make it any different. I don't pay attention too much to game modes, -rd / -ap / -sd , whatever. I play random many times in ap, but also joining ap games to practise some hero, or purely to have fun with nice arrows/hooks/torrents, whatever turns you on. :D

People play whatever they want to play, period.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 14:43 by 7th.SkY »