Author Topic: General ban rules  (Read 2531 times)

Offline perix

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
General ban rules
« on: February 01, 2010, 19:40 »
I think it is time to help our moderators do their job. They have got a lot to do now, every day "ban/unban forum" is growning more and more, and watching all replays takes ages. So... I think we can clarify sytuation by making offical rules about bans and bans duration.

In my opinion:
1. Leaver - 7-10 days, depends on game time.
2. Plugger - 14 days.
3. Host commands abuse - 5 days.
4. Pro in noob game, noob in pro game - 5 days.
5. Maphacker - forever.
6. (maybe) Flamer, rude people - 1 day, to chill a little. I hate people that flames in global chat "my team are noobs/retards".

Discuss.

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: General ban rules
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 22:26 »
Rules are laready done. Just wait a little.

Offline Z0Di4C

• Retired Moderator
  • Lets Put a Smile on That Face !
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 00:18 »
I think it is time to help our moderators do their job. They have got a lot to do now, every day "ban/unban forum" is growning more and more, and watching all replays takes ages. So... I think we can clarify sytuation by making offical rules about bans and bans duration.

In my opinion:
2. Plugger - 14 days.
5. Maphacker - forever.
6. (maybe) Flamer, rude people - 1 day, to chill a little. I hate people that flames in global chat "my team are noobs/retards".

Discuss.

...i can only agree on maphacking and flaming...as for the rest it sucks , its too harsh !...

In my opinion:
1. Leaver - 7 days, depends on game time.
2. Plugger - 1 day.
3. Host commands abuse - 1 day. + a warning
4. Pro in noob game, noob in pro game - 1 day + a warning
5. Maphacker - forever.  (this is a must)
6. (maybe) Flamer, rude people - 1 day + a warning

Offline midoelbasha

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 03:36 »

In my opinion:
2. Plugger - 14 days.
5. Maphacker - forever.

Discuss.

...i can only agree on maphacking and flaming...as for the rest it sucks , its too harsh !...

In my opinion:
1. Leaver - 7 days, depends on game time.
2. Plugger - 1 day.
3. Host commands abuse - 1 day. + a warning
4. Pro in noob game, noob in pro game - 1 day + a warning
5. Maphacker - forever.  (this is a must)
6. (maybe) Flamer, rude people - 1 day + a warning

noob in pro game and pro in noob game should be atleast 14. because they ruin the game on purpose.
you suck and you know it!

Offline Z0Di4C

• Retired Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 10:41 »
...14 !? Are u nuts ?...ok mby 5 days max...

Offline midoelbasha

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 14:47 »
pros who enter noob games deserve a long ban so they dont do it again.
they enter to make fun of noobs and also increase their stats.
so they're breaking 2 rules at once.

noobs who enter pro games fuck up the game and then leave or get kicked by vote.
if they leave banned but most of the items they get kicked by vote so now u need to ban request and they only get 3 days ?! they most likely wont play on this bot again or will just cr8 another account

Offline Z0Di4C

• Retired Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2010, 20:12 »
...pro players entering noob games should be banned much much longer than noob players joining pro games...
...its simple...noobs are (by definition ^^) open to learning and can easily be tamed ( ?!?!? ) there for u give them tiny punishments ( like electroshocks :D = 1 day ban) in order to teach them what is wrong...as far as the pros go they are like old dogs ( not realy ) and are idiots ( :) ) so u dont treat them with electroshocks but hit them in a head with a mace ( longer ban like 1 week or more )...

Offline perix

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2010, 21:37 »
Zodiac, are you a plugger? I'm asking, because you write "1 day for pugger". Are you serious? Plugging is the worst way of leaving. Worst, because you cant ban him with bl command. You have to post forums, and mostly you dont do that, because you forget or you dont have time, and then forget. So plugger think he is unbanable, so he keeps plugging game after game. Some day someone will catch him and ban. But for 1 day? Rofl. He will be back.
Imagine - you can leave game volountiary and get ban for 14 day, or - you can go to woods for 5 min, farm a little - to looks like you care about this game - and then plug. You wont be banned by game host. If he even post in forum, moderators can deny it, because he didnt rageplug after death... Even if he will be banned, he can post "unban request" that got dc and continue playing, plugging, flaming, ruining game after game. And all of that just for fkin stats. Why you care about stats so much? Stats mean nothing... reset every season is great idea.

Offline Z0Di4C

• Retired Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 23:09 »
Zodiac, are you a plugger? I'm asking, because you write "1 day for pugger". Are you serious? Plugging is the worst way of leaving. Worst, because you cant ban him with bl command. You have to post forums, and mostly you dont do that, because you forget or you dont have time, and then forget. So plugger think he is unbanable, so he keeps plugging game after game. Some day someone will catch him and ban. But for 1 day? Rofl. He will be back.
Imagine - you can leave game volountiary and get ban for 14 day, or - you can go to woods for 5 min, farm a little - to looks like you care about this game - and then plug. You wont be banned by game host. If he even post in forum, moderators can deny it, because he didnt rageplug after death... Even if he will be banned, he can post "unban request" that got dc and continue playing, plugging, flaming, ruining game after game. And all of that just for fkin stats. Why you care about stats so much? Stats mean nothing... reset every season is great idea.
...meh no plugga !...
...i stand by my opinion...perhaps 2-3 days ban

...another thing...u mentioned stats...WHY THE FUCK ARE PPL PLAYING HERE THEN EXCEPT for THE FACT THAT THERE ARE CONSTANTLY AVAILABLE BOTS...yes , my friend , its stats...every1 who plays here , imo , is a stat-whore (including me and u )...we like shinny pretty numbers...who doesnt...who can blame us ?...

Offline midoelbasha

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2010, 23:16 »
but there are 2 types of stat whores, those who can accept a bad-stat game and those who dont.
if they cant accept they plug or mass leave.
on another bot host told his friends to leave so he says noobs left and rmk cuz they kept feeding.
so how do u know they dont do the same?

i rmber this game on pd.eu where it was 4v5 after about 11min and they refused to rmk so we played (my friend had dced). later at like min 30ish we started owning them so they votekicked 1 of their noobs who was feeding a bit. a min after 1 of them plugged and then they started spamming rmk. ofc since they refused to rmk for us we refused to rmk for them n pwnt the chyt out of them. now if it was a 5v5 game and they kicked one then plugged, all u could do is rmk  (switch fucks up all games) so they dont get bad stats. that's a game ruiner. they deserve atleast 10 days ban for a plugger.

pro enters noob games i stand by 14 cuz they're fucking morons and deserve to get banned.
noobs in pro game as i said many do it for fun, so a min of 3 days

Offline Z0Di4C

• Retired Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2010, 00:13 »
...2 types ?...good point...ill be the one that can accept bad stat...

Offline ArizaelCZ

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2010, 18:44 »
I realy think that Zodiac is wrong in this matter. Pluggin is much worse than simple leaving - its harder to prove. Not only that you must do the post forum procedure,but its still pretty easy to cover the fact that you are plugging. So if you are convinced of plugging you should be punished more - after all you are pissing of both poster and moderator.
Quote from: ArmyMaN^E^
in that game no mh man becaus all games in start i type -ah

Offline penisfacelol

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2010, 15:20 »
It cannot be proven beyond a reasonable doubt that a plugger is really a plugger. Even pro players with 20/0 streak could get DC from time to time..  although i agree that mostly it is not the case.

btw, from what i have heard, icefrog is working on a reconnect tool.. so perhaps soon it will be possible to join dc-ted games. Dc-ing and not rejoining should be banned, when it will be finally implemented :)

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2010, 17:12 »
btw, from what i have heard, icefrog is working on a reconnect tool.. so perhaps soon it will be possible to join dc-ted games. Dc-ing and not rejoining should be banned, when it will be finally implemented :)
Reconnecting will be posible only if the following things are true:
PlayDotA.eu supports this feature - I think it will;
User uses GProxy++ - this is user's choice, it is not necessary!;
User didn't disconnect due to electricity problems.

Offline MyUberNick

• Founder
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2010, 17:57 »
btw, from what i have heard, icefrog is working on a reconnect tool..

IceFrog is not working on a reconnect tool, Varlock is working on the tool, give him the credits. Varlock is the original creator of GHost++

GHost++ home web site is www.codelain.com