Author Topic: 5v4 playable?  (Read 3429 times)

Offline Nefarel

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
5v4 playable?
« on: July 01, 2010, 21:29 »
In my opinion 5v4 is playable when one player simply leaves. His teammates have increased gold income and gold from his items. But what if that one player refuses to play and is not leaving/being kicked. Is this 5v4 still considered as playable? From my experience I can tell you this is a lost fight. I don't think it should be bannable either.

Offline midoelbasha

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 5v4 playable?
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 21:58 »
when 1 refuses to play n camp fountian = ban btw

not all 5v4 are playable. if the person leaves at start most of the time it's a loss but 15 or 20min later (assuming he wasnt feeding) then it's playable and easily winable since the boost in money.
you suck and you know it!

Offline theNoobie

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 04:13 »
when 1 refuses to play n camp fountian = ban btw

not all 5v4 are playable. if the person leaves at start most of the time it's a loss but 15 or 20min later (assuming he wasnt feeding) then it's playable and easily winable since the boost in money.

^ Agreed

It's hard to win if the leaver leaves in the beginning but it's easier if it's later on in the game, since you can take their items and gold.

Offline burax

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 11:08 »
5v4 unplayable. I played 6 games this season with Kills/Death:     2.12

Results:

http://stats.playdota.eu/?p=user&u=ramiz.dayi&s=datetime&o=desc&n=0

its very rare to win 5v4

Offline Baris.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 11:18 »
@All:

- I think 5v4 isnt alltimes easy to win, if carry leave in my game i have really a problem^^
 - I hope we can change it on pd.eu:

1. Leaver = become a good ban automatic (much admins forgot really to ban) and the "leaverTeam" who lose become not "lose" and only a "DrawLose" or something, i hope u understand.

2. I know the problem is with this system <- i can play with a frend and he can leave only for me, but DotaLeague can handle this problem two, if a frend leave on purpose he become 1-2 month ban.

mfg =)

Offline newbie__

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 12:39 »
In my opinion, 4v5 games should be rmk at the first 10 mins. There's no prove to say certainly at that time one team will win the game. So Rmk in this case is possible.

After 10 mins, if 1 player leaves (fed and left, disconnected, votekicked...), there's no reason to rmk. When u enter a game, it means u decided to play with ur teammates. If ur teammate has problems and leaves, it's not the fault of the other team. They deserve a win in this case (not sure if they can win).

4v5 is sometimes playable. Anyways, it all depends on the team with 5 players. If they are gentle, they can vote rmk and if not, u dont have right to ask for rmk.

I usually play with newbies in team, most games have at least 1 leaver. But in any case, even if the game was 1v5, I will continue to stay till the end (maybe afk). Respect others! Imagine if u were them, u played hard all game, then one player of opposite team left, would u want to rmk the game in which u deserve a win?

Offline burax

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 13:45 »
only noobs lose to 4 people team :)

Offline Baris.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 14:18 »
only noobs lose to 4 people team :)

sry but: LOL ROFL LOLOLOLOL OLO!
only noobs? sry dont know what u play (i think battlenet + pd.e PUBLIC) and u play vs naps but i play much inhouses and leagues, sure 4v5 is vs good players impossible. they just play on heros - 1 midd/2up/2bot and u cant deff!!!!!

EDIT: IF we play vs a noob i sure possible to change game but i think this isnt allestimes.

Offline burax

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2010, 15:04 »
if you are losing a team which played 4 people most of the time, then these team has noobs. its a shame to lose 4 people.

ps. Exceptions don't break the rule

Offline Baris.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2010, 15:58 »
if you are losing a team which played 4 people most of the time, then these team has noobs. its a shame to lose 4 people.

ps. Exceptions don't break the rule

not if the carry leave. if carry leave u have only normal 1-2 tanks and supporter why u think u can win? only in noob games if all pick carry can win 4v5.

Offline burax

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2010, 16:01 »
I think we dont understand each other :)

Offline Baris.

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2010, 16:10 »
Y the problem is:

All who say the team with leave wins play only vs naps. All nother player who say 4v5 = lose play vs good player.

The problem is - if i play vs: Mort(dazzle;Es/necro/nerub) and mort leave, they have no carry - my frends try to gang this 4 player alltimes and i have perma free time to farm.

Offline Mechanik

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2010, 21:33 »
Before 10 min yea it MUST be rmked - guy that left... left 0 gold and prabobly no items.. that could be problem...

But 5vs4 after 20+ mins is totally playable... all depends on your complains... if you die few times you will start to complain and cry.. but mostly if you knowwhat to do 5vs4 is same playing as 5vs5...

Of course... there are examples...
Like when enemie team has better hero... more stuns or they keep staying together... so yea.. its unplayable cause there is low chance to gank them one by one... or even gank them in group...
There will be always 1 hero missing...

All depends on few things
-what team you got
-what hero you and your teammates got
-what hero your enemies got
-time of the game.

I did play also few games 4vs5 and resoults are 50-50

Here is the last my game that we had to finish 4vs5..
since slardar left game was really hard... but we were getting even better and finally won the game..
http://stats.playdota.eu/?p=gameinfo&gid=420173

So yea, its only about who you play with.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 21:34 by Mechanik »

God is DEAD - Nietzsche
Nietzsche is DEAD - God...

Offline [.DeitY.]

• Advanced Member
  • Just a DeitY.
    • View Profile
    • PlayDotA
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2010, 21:42 »
just play 4v5 if everyon agrees..if 1 player complain,rmk it.

Offline simonare

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 16:41 »
Yesterdar our teammate, who was the only str, left from the game. He was playing good but it was not enough since we did not have any more str. And at the end, we lost but when I compare our stats against to other team. We got more kills and more creeps.

playability of 5v4 game differs. Selected heroes, and ability and advancement of the players plays far more important role then time factor (leaving at the beginnging or after 20 mins).