Author Topic: Autoban on desync  (Read 2805 times)

Offline Zerind

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Autoban on desync
« on: January 22, 2012, 17:36 »
Why ban ppl who get desync?

This would be so easy to overcome...

Whenever I get desync and disc, I have to request unban, which is frustrating for me and extra work for the mods. And desync cases get unbanned 100% of the time.

So: don't ban ppl who get "Dropped due to desync". If that is not possible, don't turn on autoban until the 1st second of the game. Whoever leaves in the first secong shouldn't get banned, because he left because of desync or late Esc during countdown. Neither is bannable, both are bugs in the system...

Thank you!

Hope I get my unban by the time I finish this post... :)

Offline Tupac Shakur

• MonsterKill Member
  • They don't give a fuck about us ...
  • Awards Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • http://adf.ly/?id=1794376
    • Awards
Re: Autoban on desync
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 17:42 »
if you use Gproxy you have more possibilities to get unbanned , but that will be determined by mods
cause most of the times people unplug so i looks like they Dc-ed . And DC means to leave game , leaving games ofc is banned . And ofc mods are here for that job o check unban/ban request :)
You should strongly get Grpoxy . Check This Section

Made By : [cro]Edge
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Zerind

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2012, 18:11 »
ARGH... This -tupac.
Collecting posts, pressing reply before reading OP eh?

Man, it is DESYNC!

It is NOT disconnect. DESYNC. Desynchronization happens BEFORE the VERY FIRST SECOND. It is NOT plug. It goes like this:

00:01   (All)    Warning! Desync detected!
00:01   (All)    Players in game state #1: lIlZerindllI
00:01   (All)    Players in game state #2: GOTcu, RIN__TIN__TIN, vaz, Hracicka, ARE.S, [FCC]GreeN, duzyizly, Posera_cz, Piun
00:01   (All)    lIlZerindllI was dropped due to desync, lIlZerindllI was autobanned.

See? You can't "do" this by unplugging the router...

Ah why am I talking? It just won't read this, it's just here to talk... And even if it did read it, it wouldn't understand. Damn halfwit...

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2012, 18:14 »
You can get desynced after , doesnt matter. Its unlikely , that we change anything related. People abused everything they could , and if they dont change their mentality , we will make everything harsher.

Offline Tupac Shakur

• MonsterKill Member
  • They don't give a fuck about us ...
  • Awards Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • http://adf.ly/?id=1794376
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 18:17 »
ARGH... This -tupac.
Collecting posts, pressing reply before reading OP eh?

OMFG you caught me :///

READ UP MAN : if you have Gproxy more chances to get unbaned , and all depends on mod .

Made By : [cro]Edge
Spoiler for Hiden:

Offline Zerind

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2012, 18:31 »
You can get desynced after , doesnt matter. Its unlikely , that we change anything related. People abused everything they could , and if they dont change their mentality , we will make everything harsher.

Hmm and how about leaving in minute 0? That is 99% error, not abuse. How about turning on autoban only at 0:01?

Tupac, I do have GProxy. And in cases of Desync at minute 0, I will get unbanned. It is a clear case, not abuse.
And still, I talk about Desync, u talk about disconnect. 0.o?

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2012, 18:34 »
Beleive me , there are retards , which go ingame , leave and go in other and ruin until banned. Even they can make desync happen

Offline Zerind

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2012, 18:54 »
Beleive me , there are retards , which go ingame , leave and go in other and ruin until banned. Even they can make desync happen

Yes, you are talking about trolls. And I say you are punishing normal players just to get trolls easier, instead of punishing only the trolls.

U know presumption of innocence? When I get desync, PD assumes I'm guilty and punishes me, and I have to prove my innocence. In modern societies, it is the other way around. We assume that people are innocent, unless proven otherwise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presumption_of_innocence

How about this?
If someone leaves two continuous games in minute 0, he gets banned. Or isn't this why you have a warning system?
Leave in minute 0 - warning.
Leave in minute 0 with warning for this - ban.

This way, if you get desync and drop in minute 0, u can post an "unwarn" request, but still play on, even if it takes the mods hours or even days to process your unban request.

But trolls will be stopped on the second occasion, and ofc they won't be unbanned, as mods will see it is a continued offense.

Offline P_u..D_gE

• Retired Moderator
  • Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2012, 19:18 »
In modern societies, it is the other way around. We assume that people are innocent, unless proven otherwise.

This is not a modern society. And it doesn't care if you're good or bad person or if you desyin on purpose or accidentally. The only important thing is that people lose time while you desync, and that must be punished. Solve your problems before playing in this modern society.

Offline Zerind

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2012, 19:35 »
This is not a modern society. And it doesn't care if you're good or bad person or if you desyin on purpose or accidentally. The only important thing is that people lose time while you desync, and that must be punished. Solve your problems before playing in this modern society.

- We live in modern societies. Well, most of us do, really.
- It has nothing to do with being a "good" or a "bad person", where did that come from?
- Desync is not my problem, friend. I can't fucking "solve" it. It is Dota, or the server, or your bot. But definitely not me. Oops.
- Punish? Why should I be punished for you (or Dota map, or Eurobattle.net) wasting my and other 9 player's times? "Punish." Boy you are an aggressive one... "Kill them all! And burn the city, too!" ;)

I lose time too. I lose even moar time because I still didn't get unbanned! I demand the mods to be PuNiShEd! too. And Icefrog. And Blizzard. Roar!

Khm, back to being serious: desync is not my fault. And yes, we are trying to create some kind of modern, functioning society here. At least, some of us are... Are you?

Offline P_u..D_gE

• Retired Moderator
  • Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2012, 19:51 »
Lol, you can't punish someone who is giving you a service. You're just a player and we have rules, and if you can't stay here just don't play here.

And of course desync is your fault. If it were bot's fault then, why I don't desync?

And I know it's your fault cause I got desync long ago, but I investigated and I solved it. But instead asking how to solve your problem, you want to change our rules....

No thank you, ask about how to solve your problem and not this comunity.

Offline DoctaSpock

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Awards Hacks staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards

Offline Zerind

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 20:39 »
http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php/topic,53567.msg166416.html

Thank you very much! This clears it up.

P_u..D_gE, go read that thread in the link!

Desync is NOT MY FAULT! It is program error. U were lucky to have gotten it only once.
I love how you just can't get sarcasm. :D Nobody should get banned when desync happens. It is nobody's fault. Get it? Hmm, hard. Try to understand it, you can do it! :)

So, how about my suggestion? Warn for leaving at minute 0, after minute 0:01, ban. Any ideas?

Offline P_u..D_gE

• Retired Moderator
  • Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2012, 20:44 »
That doesn't says anything, and I read it before you even was in playdota.

And it's your fault. If it were map's fault everyone would get desync...

And I didn't say I got desync one time. I told you that I got desync before, that means I got a lot of desyncs but I solved it cause I investigated.

So please, don't talk if you don't know.

But again I tell you... If you wanna change pd.eu rules just answer me again with your posts. But if you wanna solve your problem then start investigating.

It's your choice.

Do you get it now?

Nice.

Offline Zerind

• Advanced Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2012, 20:54 »
Like teaching math to my cat.
Nvm, here I go again:

Desync is an error in the map. The system. Read this fucking link: http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php/topic,53567.msg166416.html
It is not the fault of a single player, it is an ERROR!

U didn't read it, if u did, u'd say u were sorry and I was right.

But hey, be a big boy, tell me, if u "solved" desync, how did u do that? :D Take me through the steps. You went and reverse engineered Warcraft, then changed the code?
Seriously, let's give you a chance here:
Tell me how to "fix" it. If it works, I'll say that I'm sorry and that I was wrong.

Well, this thread has been successfully trolled... Gj. Maybe a few days later I'll start a new one, and hope T_r..O_lL doesn't show up there to say idiotic things withouth taking the effort to understand what he is talking about.