Author Topic: Saving Game  (Read 3818 times)

Offline AF_Affliction

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
  • The Grand Wizard of Wardz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Saving Game
« on: September 15, 2011, 19:26 »
Many of you maybe noticed recent influx of people that save in-game, because they want to report maphackers.
When the game starts, there's some info posted by the bot (hosted by pd.eu etc.), maybe it would be beneficial for the new players, if there alsou would be a line in sense of "You don't need to save the game in order to report MH/Bad Manners/Game Ruining"

Thoughts?
Who am I? I'm the Soldier of Supporting, Demon of Disables, Monk of the Map Control, the Grand Wizard of Wardz, The Chick Buyer, The Thrish!

Offline End

• Outlander
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • From above
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Saving Game
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2011, 19:32 »
Well that's a good idea but unnecessary, there are many other things that are more important/necessary and which need to be done.

F    R    O    M         A    B    O    V    E

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2011, 20:48 »
There is no need to save the game, you can save replay after the game or download it from stats site.
Rules say:
-Saving the game is forbidden.
So you can report the saver ;) but I'm not sure about the punishment.

Signature by Rocka

Offline AF_Affliction

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2011, 20:51 »
Yea i know there's bigger problems, and i dont see into the bots, so i dont know how difficult would it be to implement the change, on the other hand, you gotta account for the lazyness and intelligence defficiency of some guys.. Despite meaning good, they save the game and would get punished..

I'm not really the kind of guy who wouldn't warn/ban these players because they didn't know the rules.. but in this case i think the extra mentioning would really help. (Some players even confuse saving replays and ingame saving).

Astaroth: Well I've reported some rage-saves and they usually get 3day ban, but there's eg. this topic:
http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php/topic,73764.0.html .. I'm very interested how are the mods going to handle the situation.
Who am I? I'm the Soldier of Supporting, Demon of Disables, Monk of the Map Control, the Grand Wizard of Wardz, The Chick Buyer, The Thrish!

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 21:04 »
I don't think this guy will be punished for saving the game. Obliviously he didn't know about the saving rule and he didn't save the game to abuse that or something, on the other hand something like "I didn't knew" is no excuse. And imo every player has to know the "Save replay" button in aftergame summary.

I know a little something about programming and it isn't hard to add a sentence to be shown in beggining of game. But it says for more info visit pd.eu and everyone shoud do that, everyone shoud know the rules for his own good.

Signature by Rocka

Offline AF_Affliction

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 21:27 »
yea well, i'm not complete noob in programming myself, i just never did something like a dota-game-hosting-bot, since my main area of expertise would be PHP.. I think it would be worth the time, but i guess the guy who's in charge of the bot would have to think the same :)

Offline Dustbuster

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2011, 22:38 »
you right

more ppl are saving game now... kinda annoying :/ i always say i will report them but i'm usually too lazy and i am not sure they will even get banned or smthng...

(and how can u know who saved game?)

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2011, 23:11 »
When some1 is saving game it says "XXX is saving the game" ;)

Signature by Rocka

Offline Alucardo

• Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • justice is over all
  • Awards Hacks staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2011, 02:17 »
tbh those ppl who save the game are just bastards .. specially those who accuse you for mh

i personally want to go to them and kill them because other than the fact its ultra anooying it also make some ppl lagging and some ppl (unrecoverly dropped from gproxy)

there should be a way to remove this save game option while we play dota......

i remember once we were playing happily ..

the reporter : MH !!!
the reporter : has saved the game
the mher : also saving the game is against the rules xD i will report you

with my experience with dota players i can say this .. even if you wrote them in big screen that dont save the game they wont even care !! and they will still saying mh!! and save the game

Offline AF_Affliction

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2011, 03:30 »
Yea you're right man, seems i haven't accounted for that :\ Too bad the bot can't detect the save and autoban :D

Offline Alucardo

• Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • justice is over all
  • Awards Hacks staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2011, 04:51 »
Yea you're right man, seems i haven't accounted for that :\ Too bad the bot can't detect the save and autoban :D
if bot can actually detect the save and autoban this is what will happen

you see a topic called (why i got banned!!) then someone from forum will tell him you saved the game .. someone else will come with same topic or lying in unban request saying (lost connection) then someone 3rd will come in forum and icy will say

discussed 100000 time !locked

someone 4th will come with the same topic with different name then icy will come and say

discussed 1000000000000000000000000000 time !locked

i dont think there is a solution for this problem other than disabling saving the game but i dont think that pd bot can do that though

Offline AF_Affliction

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2011, 05:28 »
As always, u're right.

I should've taken into account the average user intelligence, eg. this guy: http://playdota.eu/forum/index.php/topic,73837.0.html

At one point, i had to restart my monitor, coz i couldn't believe my eyes.. The guy leaves a game, blames it first on pd bots, then on eurobattle, posts in wrong section.. i tell him what he should to to get unbanned, and typical czech ignorance paired with the "i-can't-admit-i-did-something-badly" dysfunction starts to make my head ache..

the best part probly is "Btw : this is not the first time eurobattlenet got crush, if this happenes often and I have to always write down my request for unban here, better for me to play on garena then cause its just unbeliveliable, esspecially after your long working day and at the night you cant play the game you would like to play and instead of it you have to discuss with the others who are noone else than useless worms

And yet I am not ubanned and its more than 1 hour already, go fuckurself with that stupid ban rule even if you dont do anything wrong."

We, useless worms coudn't unban him within an hour..

Anyway, this felt kinda bit like OT, but you're right, we're better off making BRs on dudes that do save on purpose..
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 05:29 by AF_Affliction »

Offline NijeHtelo

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2011, 09:28 »
saving game should be banned with 30 days cuz u fight someone save and u die cuz he saved   :'( so ban...

Offline [FatBastard]

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2011, 11:01 »
saving game should be banned with 30 days couze u fight someone save and u diecouzee he saved   :'( so ban...

Lol, when i sad 3 days of ban is not enough for afking they sad it is ok, even the leaving is 3-5 days ban, how do u think someone will get ban 30 just for saving the game.

Any way my point off view on saving is:
1. How he can post decent MH report, when he didn't even read rules at form, maybe also dont have acc on forum.
2. He is probably wrong about the MH because he had never report before since he doesn't know that he must not save game.

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2011, 12:55 »
Any way my point off view on saving is:
1. How he can post decent MH report, when he didn't even read rules at form, maybe also dont have acc on forum.
2. He is probably wrong about the MH because he had never report before since he doesn't know that he must not save game.
I agree with that.

But ban for 30 days is too much. You would have to change all duration of bans to make it accurate. I mean you save - 30 days ban, but game ruining/afking/leaving is worse than saving so they should get 90 days ban.

Imo guy who has been reported for saving should get warn or 1 day ban if:
1) He do not save the game in order to ruin the game(he saves it once coz he says he wants to report some1)
2) If he do not cause connection problems to other players. Sometimes some1 saves the game and 1 or 2 guys loose connection/socket error/any other errors causing disconnection from game. In this case he could get longer ban coz he ruined game (he disconnected players) + those guys got banned coz of saver.

If he want to report some1 he needs to visit forum and he should read the rules, he should find out there is no need to save the game and upload the replay if he reads "How to report MH" tutorial.

If he get banned he shoudl visit forum in order to find out what he did, what rule he broke and why is banned.

So he should be forced to visit forum and there he should read the rules.

Signature by Rocka