Author Topic: Chen [Holy Knight] Item build  (Read 9511 times)

Offline crazzy

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Chen [Holy Knight] Item build
« on: July 24, 2011, 18:25 »

I'm preety noob in dota but i already have as favorite some unusual heroes like Chen . I saw a few ppl playing this hero in pubs and they feeded like hell (me2).

So with starting items is preety clear :chicken , basilius and some wards or branches  ..... urn , boots..
But after that i'm confuse in item build like:
Treads vs Arcane boots vs Travel
Late: Meka vs Aganim vs Dagon
2 Late: Silence vs Guinsoo vs Necro ...

Additional about Dominator (+1creep covert) what did u think?
Quote from: HotBarbecuesBack

If low players can only play any mode (maybe), can't any player would not play low mode anytime (with or without)?

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Chen [Holy Knight] Item build
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 18:43 »
Well my build is arcane boots for more mana spam , mecasm ,aghanims ,dom is optional if you know how to play via creeps (i always pick aura ones - more auras ur team got more chanses to win battle in early game ) goinso and some aura item like shiva or jango

Offline crazzy

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 18:49 »
yea spam with mana from arcane but treads give some stats+hp and travel aditional ms +chance of pushing lanes...

If low players can only play any mode (maybe), can't any player would not play low mode anytime (with or without)?

Offline Natura Sonoris

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • Alternating Current
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 19:02 »
yea spam with mana from arcane but treads give some stats+hp and travel aditional ms +chance of pushing lanes...

If you push then build is arcane ,mecasm , agha , dom ,necro and jango.

Arcane is always needed for team .
Mecasm is to heal your allies with combo with ulti and also heal creeps around you if they get damaged in tower pushing.
Agha is just for heal
Dom is one extra creep
Necrobux is 2 hero like units great for pushing as well.
Jango gives ms and as  boost for towers  add sylla and his bear and than boost to bear with rabid and if you have warlock to cast infernals towers will wall in seconds.I bet with this 3 heroes 2 towers in one swipe can be destroyed in push  baracks in later game (also consider 2 more heroes like some carry with illusions like terror with great as and enigma with combo with warlock)

Offline Alucardo

• Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • justice is over all
  • Awards Hacks staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 20:12 »
the last time i played chen was from loong time ago and i got more than 10 kills i was pretty feeded .. anyway i tell u how it was and what i did

i was mid chen vs lina .. u know b/c i love to be justice i -random at ap mode .. got chen bought that nails tulsman or idk what its called and courier .. farmed and farmed ..at about 5 minutes i made dagon

WOOOOOWWW u fucking noob u buy dagon before anything and on chen? what a noob the_justice =))

anyway once i got that dagon (lina full hp) i simply used first skill then second skill then dagon (lina died) went up killed same tactics and got feeded and made dagon to its ultimate lvl =) personally i was using chen as a nuker not as support and about the convert creeps thing .. i dont use it at fights i use it to spy on map and finding runes .. simply i use chen as nerub

Offline crazzy

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 20:24 »
fair enough the_justice but u had team who didn;t needed your help and u was a little lucky cuz that lina let u farming on her but in critical situations if u do that all blame u .However is good to do dagon(+5) 1st but after that  u can't do meka or improve cuz is waste of money(late game.. no effects)

Offline Rocka

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • bewar doge
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] IHRL Member [RARE] IHRL Champion [EPIC] IHRL Legend [LEGENDARY] 5v5 Night Cup Winner [EPIC] 2nd Place Admins Cup [EPIC] Legion TD Winner [RARE] 5v5 Xmas Tournament Winner [EPIC] Castle Fight Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 20:32 »
the last time i played chen was from loong time ago and i got more than 10 kills i was pretty feeded .. anyway i tell u how it was and what i did

i was mid chen vs lina .. u know b/c i love to be justice i -random at ap mode .. got chen bought that nails tulsman or idk what its called and courier .. farmed and farmed ..at about 5 minutes i made dagon

WOOOOOWWW u fucking noob u buy dagon before anything and on chen? what a noob the_justice =))

anyway once i got that dagon (lina full hp) i simply used first skill then second skill then dagon (lina died) went up killed same tactics and got feeded and made dagon to its ultimate lvl =) personally i was using chen as a nuker not as support and about the convert creeps thing .. i dont use it at fights i use it to spy on map and finding runes .. simply i use chen as nerub
this is pub style indeed, try this in a pro game and you will figure out that aint gonna happen ;D
I see trees of wow
such roses too
wow very amaze
for doge and you

20:24    THELOVEBELOW    [All]    everytime you kill es you save a unicorn
20:30    jeandarc    [Allies]    an*
20:33    jeandarc    [Allies]    learn english

Offline Alucardo

• Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • justice is over all
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 20:57 »

this is pub style indeed, try this in a pro game and you will figure out that aint gonna happen ;D
u all r noobs u dont understand the style of the real pro justice

Offline End

• Outlander
  • Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
  • From above
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 21:45 »
If you ask me Chen is one of the worst heroes in DotA... Not only that I don't know to play him but he really suck :D

And haven't played him like 2 years...

F    R    O    M         A    B    O    V    E

Offline Alucardo

• Retired Moderator
  • MonsterKill Member
  • justice is over all
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 21:50 »
If you ask me Chen is one of the worst heroes in DotA... Not only that I don't know to play him but he really suck :D

many ppl told me he suck but he isnt i <3 even if i didnt play him a lot

think of it .. u can convert 3 creeps (cent which give u a stun) or (some other nc that gives u some passive of atk speed and stuff) i mean its rly amazing + chen is a nuker (first and second skill)and in the same time he can be support (the ulti) its just that many ppl dont know how to play chen and we dont c him a lot

Offline joyjoy

• Movie Nerd
  • MonsterKill Member
  • Enjoyjoy your life
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • AE arts by joyjoy
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 01:18 »

If you push then build is arcane ,mecasm , agha , dom ,necro and jango.

Arcane is always needed for team .
Mecasm is to heal your allies with combo with ulti and also heal creeps around you if they get damaged in tower pushing.
Agha is just for heal
Dom is one extra creep
Necrobux is 2 hero like units great for pushing as well.
Jango gives ms and as  boost for towers  add sylla and his bear and than boost to bear with rabid and if you have warlock to cast infernals towers will wall in seconds.I bet with this 3 heroes 2 towers in one swipe can be destroyed in push  baracks in later game (also consider 2 more heroes like some carry with illusions like terror with great as and enigma with combo with warlock)

agree with icy
chen is pusher and supporter, he can convert creeps better then enchantress and god pretty good support ganking skills
items mana boots for mana spam or treads if mana boots pretty covered in team to stats, meka if not better bearer but I doubt it (except pugna lich.. they are best meka carries) tangos if not better bearer but I doubt it cause no hero want to built it if not forced to and better use his money co chen as support very good tango bearer or urn if needed and not already bought
I will skip agha maybe to late cause he as support pusher havent to much money so necro would be his next item it makes incredible things and its underestimated agha last if not finished yet
and creep convert -  the biggest ones with auras as centaur (aura and stun) the wind beasts (dunno how they call - aura and tornado) or wolf (aura for crit) ;)
read this guide very good made and factual
http://www.playdota.com/guides/loktar-ogar-victory-or-death

Offline Sauzer

• Pro Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2011, 09:27 »
Dagon on Chen is a waste of money...let kills to your carry, they need a lot...your role is to support them

boots of mana/ travel, meka, hex. This above all
! PSR = Pointless System Rating

Offline HotBarbecuesBack

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2011, 09:45 »

omg thx for the laugh, you enlighted my day  ;D ;D ;D

Offline bemus_

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2011, 10:15 »

SO, I heard chen is shit hero and he sucks ?
http://www.gosugamers.net/dota/replays/49297
He sucks so much that thanks to him scourge took 2 towers and half of the base tower in  6 minutes of the game. Chen sucks so hard. Try watching some of the Na'Vi games, their strats mostly have chen/ench :) Massive push.

OT: some boots (mostly arcane), meka - core
U can then go agha/hex or w/e but most of the time u won't get it, it's expensive and chen is strongest early game, as the game goes on he falls behind and eventualy becomes weaker than other supports so I would suggest just go auras for support, with ult and meka u heal good amount of health and u can buy jango and prefferably vladimir's offering so u can spare your carries a slot for some stronger item while u provide them extra life steal and dmg aura :)

Ofc, you can also get creeps with auras :p
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 10:25 by bemus_ »
DespoRutti: EVERY SINGLE DAY , I join a game with at least 1 maphacker . And when you ban one , he splits into 3 accounts like ancient hydra dammit !

Offline crazzy

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 12:37 »
Ok thanks , this kind of discussions help more then 1 tutorial ..

@joyjoy that tutorial  is from 2009 .