Author Topic: The comprehensive guide to PUBLIC GAMES (Part1)  (Read 2856 times)

Offline maxmadness

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
I just copied this old guide from another forum because I think it is fun and you might like it
nevertheless all credits go to Negi the original creator of this guide. Expect the second part of the guide soon and have a fun reading :)

Preface:

This was written in mind for solo public game players (especially beginners), no matter your skill level, to have a holistically better experience in what some people term as the "scum of dota games".

The truth is, 90% of dota games, or more, are public games. Unless 90% of the dota population is scum, more likely than not, you're probably saddled with a pub every time you want to play dota. Also, as a solo player, you'll be playing on the scourge team (ie. bound-to-lose team) most of the time.

The writer has a PhD. in public dota games and knows how to best enjoy himself while playing them. He is sympathetic towards new players, has great tolerance and divine patience, and will vouch for you. He has approximately 1000 public games experience under his belt and is very knowlegeable (if rather immodest) about this subject.

Chapter I: The basics

What is a public game?

Many people come up with definitions of pubs. The fact is that pubs can exist anywhere, in any program, legal or not, and in every part of the world. The single most distinguishable feature of a pub is that ANYONE CAN JOIN THE GAME!

3 things you need to know about pubs:

i) PRO ONLY in game title does not indicate that you have to be good at dota to join. In fact, anyone can join the game. The host is definitely not good at dota and isn't very clever either, because PROS DO NOT EXPECT A PRO ONLY PUB GAME.

ii) The country in the game title is merely a recommendation.

iii) -EM indicates that the game is for lesser skilled players. You know, what some call the scum of the scum.
An -EM "PRO ONLY" game indicates the host is in dire need of elementary education; stay clear.

To join a public game, simply go to the custom game list and double click on a title that has "dota" somewhere in it. Make sure you have the map! You may or may not want to bother about the country.

Chapter II: DANGER!

A CAUTIONARY WORD TO SOLO PUBBERS:

>50% of the hosts now use "PRO ONLY" in their game title.

Fact:

These games are likely to be more difficult to win because you will end up on scourge team.

Fiction:

The host is not pro at all. Negi will rub it in his face if requested to.

WHAT THIS INDICATES IS THAT THE HOST HAS NO INTENTION OF PLAYING A GAME. NO, HE IS PLAYING A FARCE. HE'S STACKING THE TEAM WITH HIS FOUL FRIENDS AND IS ATTEMPTING TO USE SOME SCRUB TEAMWORK TO DESTROY THE SCOURGE. HE IS BOUND TO WIN, RIGHT? WHATS THE POINT OF PLAYING A GAME YOU'RE BOUND TO WIN?

These homos RUIN DOTA. They enjoy winning all the time. They cause pain for the other team because there was never a point playing that game in the first place!

Okay, hold your horses. Not all hosts are like that. But 99.9% are unreasonable scrubs who team up with friends to beat up random, unorganized pubbers like you.

YOU COULD BE A VICTIM OF E-RAPE!

Don't let it happen to you. The following chapters will elaborate on how you can defend yourself.

RECOGNIZE THE SCUM OF THE EARTH PUBSMASHERS:

1. They have some clan tag...their names are similar. Eg.

IM.Gay
IM.Scrub
IM.Fag

2. They seem to chat in the game lobby - they know each other, clearly.

3. All of their names are in AlTeRnAtInG CaPs

That good sir is a SURE INDICATION OF THESE FAGGOTS. BURN THEM ALL!

Chapter III: Soft Approach

There is a rather ineffectual way to solve this problem.

Step 1:

Ask the host if he has friends on his team.

Step 2:

If yes (most probably), request him to add -sp into the game mode to make teams fair.

Step 3:

If he refuses or does not respond, don't despair! He is sure to be a pubsmasher, the true scum of the earth. Proceed to give him and his cronies hell.

Chapter IV: Giving him hell!

The simplest, most effective way is to do this few steps:

1. /whois Negi
2. If I'm in a private game, it means I'm playing a league game. It means I'm busy.
3. If not, I'm free. I can join your team and give the pubsmashers hell.
4. If I'm not online, you'll have to rely on your devices.

So the game starts with the group of fags whom intend to steamroll your scourge team.

1. Pick an early game hero who can solo well. (The master's choice is Tinker, other choices include enchant, viper, zeus and qop)

2. First blood the host. It's easy with these heroes. Whore runes if need be and gank him, but 99% of hosts are bad and will die upon your command anyway.

3. Talk Shit to him in ALL CHAT. The master recommends this course of dialogue:

YOU: "Hey host"
HIM: "yeah?"
YOU: "Why do you host a PRO ONLY game when you suck?"
HIM: "SHUT UP FAG, YOU GOT LUCKY, NEXT ILL GANK YOU"
YOU: "Oh, so you need some pussy lickin backup to cover your lack of balls? 1v1 me or you arent a man scrubface."

4. Get observer wards to cover your ass. TP scrolls if need be. When you spot the faggot of a host trying to get some teamwork to gank you run and TP away.

5. Proceed to kill one of his clanmates. Talk shit to them more:

YOU: "SUP!"
YOU: "Your friends suck at dota too, want tissues? In fact all of you are so bad; your entire clan sucks"
THEM: "~~random incoherent flaming", or "want to 5v5 clan match?"
YOU: "No, but I'd 1v1 and roll your ass, I don't need pussy backup like you"

99% of them decline because they know they can only win when they outnumber the opposition (ie. incredibly stacked odds). If that 1% accepts, you can get me to destroy them 1v1 for you.

6. Farm a dagon, keep those observers up. Instagib the host multiple times. In fact, kill all of them and go on a spree. Shit talk them more:

"LOL YOUR SO BAD, ALL OF YOU ARE DYING IN MY FACE, PUB CLANS WHO NEED TO TEAMWORK!"
"LOL 1v1 you lose, lol 2v1 you still lose, why are you playing dota you should have your doctor check you for metal retardation!"

7. That's it for now. The rest of your team may be feeding. We'll accept that.

8. Backdoor if possible. Do it hard and fast and carry TPs to get you out of danger. Best to do it with clinkz. Shittalk them while you backdoor, that forces them to type instead of kill you. Brag about how you can backdoor to win and it's a great tactic.

9. If you think you can win the game, then roll the host and friends and shittalk them until they leave.
If they start to teamwork in 5 and your team cannot cope with that, then it's time for plan B.

Chapter V: Plan B

Remember what I said? Pubsmashing hosts want 2 things out of their games:

1. Satisfaction of winning. 2. Fun through killing heroes.

DENY THEM BOTH.

You've already embarassed them by killing them into negative scores.
Now don't let them catch up. How? The moment you start losing, encourage your team to leave. Don't go all anal on your team, just persuasion will do - appear sympathetic.

"Hey guys, I don't think we can win this man."
"This isn't cool, I know you're dying like crazy dudes, this isn't worth your time, there are other games"
"I'm leaving guys, you won't enjoy it if you stay"
"Save yourself some time and play a game you can win"
"Let's all leave together k, I'm out guys"

And finally, tell them the most important thing about pubs:

IT'S PERFECTLY OKAY TO LEAVE IF YOU'RE NOT HAVING FUN. THERE IS NOTHING THEY CAN DO TO YOU. IF YOU ARE NOT HAVING FUN IN A GAME, THEN QUIT PLAYING! THAT SIMPLE!

Some speak of integrity or manner in a pub game. In truth there are no rules nor any code of conduct whatsoever in a pub. Do as you please.

Just realize that are consequences to using hacks. The master DOES NOT CONDONE HACKING IN ANY SHAPE OR FORM AT ALL.

By mass leaving, you're denying the pubstompers the 2 things they want out of a pub: Hero kills (fun) and Winning against real players (satisfaction)! If this happens enough to them then perhaps they'll realize that stacking the teams will only result in rage on their part.

Chapter VI: Banlist

When the host says, leavers/backdoorers banned so no leaving allowed, it's just a suggestion.
The golden rule of leaving if it isn't fun still applies if they stack their team.

If you get banned, big deal.

There is another golden rule to public games I shall now tell you:

FOR EVERY LEAVER YOU BAN, 2 MORE JOIN YOUR NEXT GAME!

Take the ban and laugh at how they've just wasted their effort. No one remotely cares that you have just left a game 1 day later. Go to www.banlist.nl->tools->search for your name. If your name has more than 10 bans on it, simply create another account!

Banlist is useless in pubs. Next time you see it, point and laugh.

Chapter VII: Conclusion

This methods should only be employed against the cancer in dota that is stacked teams in pubs.

If the game is truly a fair one without friends on their team, then I recommend you simply stay and enjoy the game. cool.gif Play it cool, man.

Remember, stacked "PRO" teams are still bad dota players, they just attempt to beat weaker disorganized players to disguise their lack of skill. DONT LET IT HAPPEN TO YOU! GIVE THEM WHAT THEY DESERVE, SHOVE THEIR CRAP BACK UP THEIR ASS!

Happy pubbing!

Legal notice: The author bears no responsibility for any mishaps you encounter while employing the methods desrcibed within this document.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 12:13 by maxmadness »

Offline Canin

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The comprehensive guide to PUBLIC GAMES
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2010, 23:03 »
This should be a pinned topic.

Offline MyUberNick

• Founder
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 06:54 »
1. /whois Negi
2. If I'm in a private game, it means I'm playing a league game. It means I'm busy.
3. If not, I'm free. I can join your team and give the pubsmashers hell.
4. If I'm not online, you'll have to rely on your devices.

Since Negi is not playing on xpam Max :( can we call you to help own some n00b host fag pubstomp stackers :D ?
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 06:56 by MyUberNick »

Offline iluv_meow

• Honored member
  • Pro Member
  • Girl next door
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 07:47 »
I always get wtfpawn by host and friends. I always play alone
Thanks for this guide, now i can wtfpawn host and his friends back  :P
I am a fully grown girl with proper boobs OK?

My new fan below xD
iluv_meow started his mh, admited it in team chat, blinked on us in their forest in fog

Offline maxmadness

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2010, 10:52 »
This guide is 4-5 years old and it totaly made up my dota-pub-mentality
along with second part of this guide (which is even better :) ) and some other guides ofc.

Today, I play dota for fun, where OMGBergRush explained where the fun is ;D

Originally Posted by OMGBergrush
here is a diagram showing where the fun is:

last hit all creeps = more money...certainly more than spell farming
more money = better items
better items = more pwnage
more pwnage = laughing at your opponents
laughing at your opponents = FUN!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 11:15 by maxmadness »

Offline hotbarbecue

• Advanced Member
  • ♫ Cucurucucuuuu ♪♫