Author Topic: Betting game suggestions/any questions about betting  (Read 12410 times)

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: -Renovatio.
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] B&U staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] GFX Tournament Winner [UNIQUE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 2nd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Betting game suggestions/improvement topic
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2018, 17:07 »
About this:
New season (month) will begin on Tuesday - where you will have a new special offer of the game

The winner of this season is @AGENT - Congratulations, you won three season in a row!! You deserve a special award

I just now noticed it. Let me know if you guys want the same icon but in different colors or different icons for multiple wins (I will select a few from which you can choose or you can search and post here the ones you wish).

Also, what thresholds should we use? 1, 3 and 5 wins or 1, 5, 10? Dunno how easy is to win a season and how many seasons can be played in one year. If you think some of you can win max 20 seasons in 1-2 years then 20 will be the max for award, to get some idea about how should we select the thresholds.

Bth, Tehnika or Akuma, feel free to split this topic (starting with my post) if you consider this to be in another topic. I saw you mostly talk about rules and ways of betting in this one.
Join GFX Competitions. Awards, titles, acces to private forum areas and more are given. Is fun.

Offline tehnika8x8

• techies respawn
  • V.I.P Affairs
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards LA High Staff [EPIC] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winning 5 seasons of Football Betting [LEGENDARY] Forum staff member [RARE] LA staff - Moderator Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Contributor [COMMON] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] Highest number of credits won with a betting ticket [UNIQUE] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2018, 12:09 »
I just now noticed it. Let me know if you guys want the same icon but in different colors or different icons for multiple wins (I will select a few from which you can choose or you can search and post here the ones you wish).
For the three victories in a row, put the same icon as for the winner of one season. Only in golden color. Agent would like to  :) And for others winners in row, sees you already something if you will
Also, what thresholds should we use? 1, 3 and 5 wins or 1, 5, 10? Dunno how easy is to win a season and how many seasons can be played in one year. If you think some of you can win max 20 seasons in 1-2 years then 20 will be the max for award, to get some idea about how should we select the thresholds.
As far as rewards are concerned, they should be the winner of the first season and then winner three seasons in a row and five, seven and so on. We'll see it.
I think it's not easy to win several seasons in a row. Everything depends on the number of participants.
Bth, Tehnika or Akuma, feel free to split this topic (starting with my post) if you consider this to be in another topic. I saw you mostly talk about rules and ways of betting in this one.
You're in the right place  ;)

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2015 [UNIQUE] B&U staff member [RARE] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] Winner of 10 Signature of the Week Contest [LEGENDARY] GFX Tournament Winner [UNIQUE] Forum staff member [RARE] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 15 Photoshop Challenge Contests [LEGENDARY] Tournaments Contribution [RARE] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] 1st place on GFX Ladder 2016 [UNIQUE] GFX staff member [RARE] 2nd place in Special Event #2 [UNIQUE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2018, 14:08 »
Are you sure you want these only for winning multiple seasons in a row? I was thinking at some scoreboard and giving award to someone when he reach some amount of wins (3, 5 etc), no matter when he won them. Wins in a row mean you can win 100 times at this game and still have the same icon if you lost, won, lost, won, etc

Is up to you. Will come back with icons later/tonight.
Join GFX Competitions. Awards, titles, acces to private forum areas and more are given. Is fun.

Offline tehnika8x8

• techies respawn
  • V.I.P Affairs
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards LA High Staff [EPIC] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winning 5 seasons of Football Betting [LEGENDARY] Forum staff member [RARE] LA staff - Moderator Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Contributor [COMMON] Winner of 3 Challenges of the Week [RARE] VIP Member [EPIC] Highest number of credits won with a betting ticket [UNIQUE] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2018, 15:32 »
Are you sure you want these only for winning multiple seasons in a row? I was thinking at some scoreboard and giving award to someone when he reach some amount of wins (3, 5 etc), no matter when he won them. Wins in a row mean you can win 100 times at this game and still have the same icon if you lost, won, lost, won, etc

Is up to you. Will come back with icons later/tonight.
We announce the winner at the end of each season (month) and anyone who wins for the first time in a season (month) should receive a reward such as my award. If same person wins the next two seasons, he means he has won three seasons in a row, and this is a great thing for me. Because I really do not think it's easy to be a winner for three seasons in a row and five or more is even harder and this is a very good success. There are several factors in the game. Not only knowledge but also happiness, of how many people participants and so on. I think it's the best way to split award. If you have any other idea, I will gladly consider it

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2018, 18:28 »
Was suggesting to give award based on number of wins, no matter when you won. Your idea is good. It makes the award more valuable due to the fact is harder to get.

Will update this post with icons, still searching something good but my net connection drops from time to time.

Offline tehnika8x8

• techies respawn
  • V.I.P Affairs
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2018, 19:55 »
Was suggesting to give award based on number of wins, no matter when you won. Your idea is good. It makes the award more valuable due to the fact is harder to get.

Will update this post with icons, still searching something good but my net connection drops from time to time.
Take it easy, not run anywhere. It's not urgent  :laugh: Thank you for everything  :)

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2018, 19:07 »
Made something using war3 icons. Let me know what you think.

Offline Jedivh

• The Lich King
  • Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Your pain shall be legendary.
  • Server Account: Jedivh
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Tours staff member [RARE] Winner of 5 Uther Party Tours GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Warlock Tour Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] Bell Ringer - Music Quiz #3 [COMMON] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] The Weakest Link Tour Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2018, 20:11 »
what about this?
Bow to your master!

Offline tehnika8x8

• techies respawn
  • V.I.P Affairs
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2018, 21:57 »
Made something using war3 icons. Let me know what you think.

what about this?
I like everything. :D I simply do not know which one to decide. @Akuma help me a little,this topic is your idea. You see I'm in trouble, give some suggestion  ??? :)

Offline Akuma

• HolyShit Member
  • Topic Author
  • Awards Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 Uther Party Tours Castle Fight Winner [RARE] Shadow Raze Tour Award [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2018, 23:13 »
 Imo agent should pick it - since he is the first triple winner.

You actually don't even have to choose just take one for 3 and one for 5 times in a row...
I was confused with this, and it was not only once, but it happens from time to time to /w wrong bot. If it was changed to la-custom or custom-la everyone would understand why is like that. But like this you must to read on forum to understand, even if you don't understand..

Offline AGENT

• Honored member
  • MonsterKill Member
  • DODJI UKLJUCI !!!
  • Awards 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2018 [UNIQUE] Winning 5 seasons of Football Betting [LEGENDARY] Winner of 10 Photo Manipulation Contest [LEGENDARY] Violinist - Music Quiz #1 [EPIC] 2nd place on GFX Ladder 2017 [UNIQUE] Winner of 5 Signature of the Week Contest [EPIC] Winner of 5 Photoshop Challenge Contests [EPIC] Jungle Race Tour Winner [RARE] 1v1 Nevermore Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 20 Daily Tours [EPIC] Winner of 5 MadBalls Tours [LEGENDARY] Invoker 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] GodLike Tournament Member [LEGENDARY] Tours staff member [RARE] Winner of Admins Cup [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #3 [LEGENDARY] Best Tours mod of the month 5 times in a row [LEGENDARY] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Challenge Accepted [RARE] Deer Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2018, 00:37 »
Idk why we go with warcraft3 icons. Maybe we can go silver ball for 3x in a row ( silver color is hard to make out of black and white ball, or it is not ? ) and golden ball for 5x in a row. I doubt someone will win more than 5x in a row.

Offline _xpam_

• Awards Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] Tour Pro Member [EPIC] Tours staff member [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2018, 00:47 »
Idk why we go with warcraft3 icons. Maybe we can go silver ball for 3x in a row ( silver color is hard to make out of black and white ball, or it is not ? ) and golden ball for 5x in a row. I doubt someone will win more than 5x in a row.

omg i can make 10x in a row

Offline tehnika8x8

• techies respawn
  • V.I.P Affairs
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2018, 01:49 »
Then like this?

bronze, three in a row
silver, five in a row
gold, seven in a row

Offline tehnika8x8

• techies respawn
  • V.I.P Affairs
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2018, 03:26 »
And I was thought something for the best of participants in Football Betting game.
like this:   and
for the best won credits:   same in colors bronze, silver and gold  :)
What do you think about it?

Offline Renovatio

• Retired Moderator
  • HolyShit Member
    Show/hide more stats
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2018, 12:48 »

If you recall most of us agreed using only war3 icons for awards but I guess we can make an exception in this case. Also, I thought those icons were relevant: golden shoe and golden ball are football awards, from what I know  ;D

Then like this?

bronze, three in a row
silver, five in a row
gold, seven in a row

Is imposible (for me) to make them like that from black. I can paint them but will look bad. I will have to change the background as well cuse those colors will not look good on white background, especially silver.

And I was thought something for the best of participants in Football Betting game.
like this:   and
for the best won credits:   same in colors bronze, silver and gold  :)
What do you think about it?

We recently removed a lot of awards and agreed about limiting their number. I think there are too many, especially for an offtopic game. How about 4? 1 win, 3 wins, 5 wins and 1 given for record of credits in a season, or something like that. Example: 1 guy gets 1005 credits and we modify the award description to "Record of 1005 betting credits". If another one gets 1010 we move to award to the new guy and modify it to "Record of 1010...".

If you get more than 5 wins in a row we can always make one more award but, for now, I think 5 will do.

Attached some similar ball with different color here, to make an idea how will look. I can make those 3 versions for it (gold, silver, bronze) but trust me on this one: will look bad. Is your call. I will search another ball icon, meanwhile. I think I need a "solid" one to make it look good.