Author Topic: Spoofchecking on RPGbots??  (Read 4351 times)

Offline ArizaelCZ

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Spoofchecking on RPGbots??
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2010, 11:06 »
This isn´t just for host. I think that it does show to everybody who fails to be autospoofed. However most people are retarded enough to ignore it.
Probably spamming the unspoofed player should be better. I.E. if you aren´t spoofed you will get private bot message like "You must spoofcheck or the game can´t start" every 15 seconds or so. After that even the most dumb players should be able to play the game.
Quote from: ArmyMaN^E^
in that game no mh man becaus all games in start i type -ah

Offline ek0

• Honored member
  • HolyShit Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2010, 12:36 »
Sometimes when I create with rpgbots, it automatically tells me to spoof check by replying to it's message, using /r sc .. can u make it so that it does this to all players all the time, not just for host ?
I think this is only for private games.

This isn´t just for host. I think that it does show to everybody who fails to be autospoofed. However most people are retarded enough to ignore it.
Probably spamming the unspoofed player should be better. I.E. if you aren´t spoofed you will get private bot message like "You must spoofcheck or the game can´t start" every 15 seconds or so. After that even the most dumb players should be able to play the game.
Good idea.

Offline MyUberNick

• Founder
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend LA High Staff [EPIC] MVP Member [LEGENDARY] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2010, 21:00 »
Sometimes when I create with rpgbots, it automatically tells me to spoof check by replying to it's message, using /r sc .. can u make it so that it does this to all players all the time, not just for host ?

Bot whispers with spoof check requests only in private games, i don't want to implement this on public games, imagine the following scenario:

Real John is in playdota.eu channel
Bob joins lobby with namespoofer program as John
Host bot now thinks John joined the lobby, but he's not spoof check yet
Bot sends the spoof check request whisper to username John (he's is in the channel)
John is a noob and doesn't know what spoof check is like other 90% of players and just types /r sc
Bob is now spoof checked even he is using a namespoofer program. Bot sees him as John and saves stats on Johns account and bans John for leaving while real John is in channel afk atm eating dinner

spamming the unspoofed player should be better. I.E. if you aren´t spoofed you will get private bot message like "You must spoofcheck or the game can´t start" every 15 seconds or so. After that even the most dumb players should be able to play the game.

I like this idea too, i think I'm going to implement this on the next update.

Offline PlayDota.eu08

• WickedSick Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2010, 21:47 »
what think about : "you have ~20 sec time to spoof check , if not you ll get kick"
Quote from: Dino-Merlin
Ne nisam ti rekao sve, jednostavno nisam imao snage za to

Offline ArizaelCZ

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2010, 10:05 »
what think about : "you have ~20 sec time to spoof check , if not you ll get kick"
Definitely not. Once i encoutered this - autobot who demande spoof from all players with autokick in 30 seconds. In 10 pple lobby we were 2 stable players the rest of the crew got kicked constantly.

First 20 seconds are too low - you make wrong spelling when whisping to bot = kick cause no time to do it again. You would have to spoof right after you joined = you must know about sc which most pple dont. The result would be that people would get kicked more than before.

Offline lmjai

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2010, 14:41 »
"If you are in game X write "/r sc" or game can't start!"

Everyone can understand that

Offline ArizaelCZ

• Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2010, 15:01 »
"If you are in game X write "/r sc" or game can't start!"

Everyone can understand that

I would like to share your confidence  :P

Please note that people CAN'T understand "waiting for following players to be spoofchecked" even with following guide how to do it.

Offline lmjai

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2010, 12:41 »
The problems of not spoofchecking in custom games are nothing compared to the annoyance of having to get it done right. The spoofcheck is there just because some dev though the people has more fun going ingame with another's name and start flaming than playing the actual game >_>

Offline Velnys

• Newbie Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2010, 08:30 »
Guys you need to remove spoofcheking on custom games, it is so annoying, people don't do the spoof check and as a result if you dont start your game for 2mins all people are leaving...

Offline PlayDota.eu08

• WickedSick Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2010, 10:35 »
just kick the no spoofed ppl
Quote from: Dino-Merlin
Ne nisam ti rekao sve, jednostavno nisam imao snage za to