Author Topic: couple dota noob questions  (Read 2581 times)

Offline the_feeder

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
couple dota noob questions
« on: May 02, 2013, 17:25 »
1.if i do disarm item on axe...would it spin lesser couse of the evasion?
2.mask of madness + blademails:the 30% more physical you get is it reflected by blademails?

Even refresher on tinker can be justified. Instant refresh > 3,2,1 sec cd refresh.

Instead of trying to appear smarter by saying item x is retarded and item y is stupid, maybe you should learn dota.

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: couple dota noob questions
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 18:45 »
n
y

Offline Platin

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Hacks staff member [RARE] 3v3 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 21:17 »
1- No. Axe's spin does not depend on receiving hits. I.e: if you attack on axe and interrupt your attack before than hitting him, he will spin with %17 chance anyway.

ps: Do not try to avoid hitting him if you're under effect of berserker's call. From the reason what I mentioned above, you increase his spin ratio since the trigger is attacking animation.

2-) Yes.

ps: Damage is returned as pure damage.

Offline FU I am PeNGuiN

• WickedSick Member
  • United we stand!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 21:19 »
1- No. Axe's spin does not depend on receiving hits. I.e: if you attack on axe and interrupt your attack before than hitting him, he will spin with %17 chance anyway.

ps: Do not try to avoid hitting him if you're under effect of berserker's call. From the reason what I mentioned above, you increase his spin ratio since the trigger is attacking animation.

2-) Yes.

ps: Damage is returned as pure damage.
same goes with cents aura

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2013, 16:44 »
There could be one exception - try to avoid hitting him when you are invisible (and have enough hp to survive few spins).

If you keep stopping your attack while invis and under effect of the Call, you will stay invis.

Btw I hope div.ide won't come and tell me I'm failzord noob  ;D

Signature by Rocka

Offline div.ide

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Forum staff member [RARE] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2013, 17:01 »
There could be one exception - try to avoid hitting him when you are invisible (and have enough hp to survive few spins).

If you keep stopping your attack while invis and under effect of the Call, you will stay invis.

Btw I hope div.ide won't come and tell me I'm failzord noob  ;D

U R a failrozd noob :D Nah, but still it wouldn't be me if I didn't point out some exceptions.

It will neither work with Gondar nor with Templar Assassin, as their wind Walks (yes, meld is windwalk-based ability) have backstab turned off (it's not hardcoded backstab, but a triggered one), and thus you lose invisibility as soon as you start attack rather than when you reach attack point (case for Bone, NA or Lothar's Edge).

This might be also troublesome with Lothar on some heroes with short frontswing, like Sniper.
01010111 01100101 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 01100101 00101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110010 01100100 00101110

Offline the_feeder

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 17:33 »
another thing i never understood about items it's why the hell a guy should deactivate monkey kingbar truestrike?o.O i can't get it really..is it just for sniper or what? o.O enlight me XD

Even refresher on tinker can be justified. Instant refresh > 3,2,1 sec cd refresh.

Instead of trying to appear smarter by saying item x is retarded and item y is stupid, maybe you should learn dota.

Offline jeandarc

• Administrator
  • HolyShit Member
  • Server Account: jeandarc
    PSR: Loading
    Games: Loading
    Wins/Loses: Loading/Loading
    Hero K/D/A: Loading
    Creep K/D/N: Loading
    Show/hide more stats
  • Awards Lagabuse Legend Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Winning 3 seasons of Football Betting [EPIC] GFX Tournament Participant [COMMON] Making 50 bets in Footbal Betting [COMMON] GFX staff member [RARE] Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] LA Ladder #11-25 [EPIC] 1v1 Earthshaker Tournament Winner [RARE] 1v1 Queen of Pain Tour Winner [RARE] Winner of 5 ShadowRaze Tours [LEGENDARY] Mirana Wars Winner [RARE] Pudge 1v1 Tournament Winner [RARE] Invoker Wars Tournament [RARE] 1v1 AR Tour Winner [RARE] Pudge Wars Tournament Winner [RARE] 2v2 SHOM Tournament Winner [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON] MadBalls Tournament Winner [RARE] Junior Tournament Member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2013, 17:37 »
It's because trueshot deep inside our world is a huge ball of hot stuff. This is the stuff that turns the black rock we use to find our way when we go far away. I used to study tiny bits of the same black rock, inside real rocks, to know the pull of the deep hot under world ball long, long ago—before people, or animals, or trees, or almost any living things were here. I studied bits of the black rock, like the pieces we use to find our way, inside other rocks that formed in fire under the ground.

Offline the_feeder

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 20:13 »
lol it would be nice if programmers of dota versions delete that clickable mkb...fkn noobs will click on it and it will be crap...they will never notice they deactivated it.....

Offline De_Inferno

• Advanced Member
  • Look at it Go!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2013, 17:34 »
lol it would be nice if programmers of dota versions delete that clickable mkb...fkn noobs will click on it and it will be crap...they will never notice they deactivated it.....
If they miss Mortred with Talisman of evasion 5 times in a row, they will notice.

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.

Offline div.ide

• Honored member
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Challenge of the Week [COMMON] Forum staff member [RARE] Drummer - Music Quiz #2 [RARE] Trumpeter- Music Quiz #3 [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2013, 17:56 »
Mortred with Talisman of evasion
Wait, what?

Thread title says couple dota  noob questions.
Don't turn it into couple dota  noob answers. Pretty please.
01010111 01100101 01101100 01101100 00100000 01100100 01101111 01101110 01100101 00101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110010 01100100 00101110

Offline the_feeder

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2013, 15:56 »
Wait, what?

xaxax btw..i didn't liked the exaustive answer of jeandarc about monkey kingbar. i think there's not a reason it can be deactivated,,,,hahaha now it pop in my mind the aquila ring too.... i didn't noticed any difference between green and grey mode,no armor modify or other..does it work? o.O and what's the difference?

Offline GREED

• greedisgood
  • Retired Moderator
  • WickedSick Member
  • Awards Winner of 1 Signature of the Week Contest [COMMON] Winner of 1 Photoshop Challenge Contest [COMMON] Tours staff member [RARE] Uther Party Tournament Winner [COMMON]
    • View Profile
    • you bored?
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2013, 15:57 »
Wait, what?

xaxax btw..i didn't liked the exaustive answer of jeandarc about monkey kingbar. i think there's not a reason it can be deactivated,,,,hahaha now it pop in my mind the aquila ring too.... i didn't noticed any difference between green and grey mode,no armor modify or other..does it work? o.O and what's the difference?

i am so sad when ppl whit that kinda knowlege beat me in game :/
zgcsm_Mqth1_J7_OJM62_Jp_Ecgo6c_YSIh_VTn_LZv_PIf_Aet_Yqq_MDjt_FQs_Ow_Bm_Kf_AWtig_XM_large_2" border="0

Spoiler for Dota SUTMoH Top 10 Vol 3  :

Offline the_feeder

• Pro Member
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2013, 16:06 »
hahaha actually i've just checked it in guide but still don't understand why one would use armor just for hi and not for the team..i know it doesn't stack with vlad aura but  it doesn't hurts even if there's already vlad aura or not? or there's advantages from have no aura for allies units?

Offline Astaroth

• Satan Admin
  • Honored member
  • GodLike Member
  • Blood for the Blood God!
  • Awards Forum staff member [RARE]
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2013, 20:23 »
Wait, what?

i am so sad when ppl whit that kinda knowlege beat me in game :/
I know that feeling  :'(

Signature by Rocka